Chapter 4: His kindness

Return Of The Tiger

Ji hyo slowly open her eyes because of the bright sunlight that is shining through the slightly open curtain. She was in a daze of what had happen. She look around only find herself in an unfamiliar room. She look at herself and felt relief that she was wearing her clothes but still a little confuse of her whereabouts. A knock on the door startled her. Few seconds later the door slightly open and a head pop out through the opening. It was Jong kook, checking up on her.

 

“ Hey, you’re finally awake. You have been out for a long time now. It is almost 10 in the morning. “ Jong kook said with a smile on his face. 

 

The fear on Ji hyo’s face was clearly shown as she remembered what had happen last night. She quickly hug herself hoping that it was just all a bad dream. Jong kook notice it and tried to calm her.

 

“ Hey hey, Ji hyo ssi right? Gwenchana, You’re safe here. I’m not going to hurt you.   “ Jong kook said.

 

“ Where am i? How can i get here? What happen last night? Was it really happen?” Ji hyo might burst into tears any seconds from now as she is scared of what might have happen to her.

 

“ Its okay Ji hyo ssi. Nothing had happen to you. Luckily i was there just in time before they could do anything to you. You’re in my home now. Don’t t worry. I didn’t do anything to you. I swear. “ Jong kook explain.

 

Ji hyo kept quiet for a while trying to recoup herself before looking up to look at the man who had save her.

 

“ Neh kamsahamnida. May i know your name? You look really familiar. How do you know my name?” Ji hyo ask him. 

 

“ Ah my name is Kim Jong Kook. We met at your bar yesterday. I was asking you about the previous owner of the bar. “ 

 

“ Ah kureayo? Mianheyo, i’m really bad at remembering people.” 

 

“ Gwechana, you can clean up yourself in the bathroom just in front of the room. You can borrow my shirt first. Then come to the dining area. I’ve prepare a little breakfast for us. I’ll wait for you there. ”  Jong kook said before exiting the room.

 

It took Ji hyo 30 minutes to clean up herself. She wore the shirt that Jong kook had given her. It was to big for her but she wore it anyway. She then immediately went out of the room to find the dining area. When she arrive at the dining area, Jong kook was already waiting for her. She was surprise by what she sees. 

 

“ Jong kook ssi, did you cook all of this food. Why did you cook so many of it?” She ask.

 

“ Ah, its because i don’t know what kind of food do you like so thats why i tried to cook all of the foods that i know. “ Jong kook answered her with a shy smile on his face. 

 

“ You don’t have to do that actually cause i eat all kinda of food. “ she replied.

 

Ji hyo took a sit on the opposite side of Jong kook, facing him.

 

“ Eat a lot okay? “ jong kook said.

 

They started to eat. At first, Ji hyo was shy to eat a lot. As the time goes by they started to feel comfortable with each other. She feel really comfortable with his presence. It kind of makes her feel safe. After they had finish the meal, Jong kook started to clean up the dining table. Ji hyo felt like helping him so went to the sink to clean up the dishes. 

 

“ Let me help you Jong kook ssi.” She said and started to wash the dishes.

 

“ No no Ji hyo ssi. You don’t have to. Go have a sit at the living room. I’ll go to you when I’m done.” Jong kook said

 

“ No its okay. I insist. Its the least I could after so much you have done to me. Just let me do this okay.” 

 

Jong kook couldn’t said anything else after that. He let her do what she wants. He kind of like it, having someone around in the house. He have live alone for so long now that he feels so lonely. After they were finish cleaning up the dishes, Jong kook decided to send her home. At first Ji hyo refuses but Jong kook insisted. 

 

It took them around 30 minutes to arrive at Ji hyo’s apartment. The first few minutes of the ride was filled with silence. Neither of them knows what to say. Both of them were lost in their own thought. Jong kook was the first one to speak.

 

“ Ji hyo ssi, what happen last night? How can you be in that situation last night?” Jong kook ask her. 

 

She look down to her lap, remembering the scary scene that had happen last night.

 

*flashback*

 

She closed up the bar early that night as she was feeling a little tired. She was walking way to her home when feels like she was being followed so she picked up her pace. But then, all of a sudden she felt like someone was pulling her into an alley way and before she know it, she was surrounded by the three men. 

 

“ Hey pretty lady. What are you doing walking around here alone at night?” One of the man ask her. Touching her hair from behind. 

 

She turn around looking at the man and tried to slap him, but he caught her hand. 

 

“ Let go of my hand. “ she said and yank her hand from the mans grip.

 

One of the man tried to hold her arm but she avoided it. Then the other guy tried to hold both of her shoulders and she quickly kick him in his private part, making him falling to his knees. She immediately took this time to make a run for it but the last guy caught her. He make her turn to face him and slap her really hard. After that, it all became dark for her as she faint.

 

*End of flashback*

 

“ Don’t worry Ji hyo ssi. They weren’t able to do anything to you. Luckily i was there right on time. “ Jong kook said. Trying to ease her fear from last night. 

 

“ Neh, jeongmal kamsahamnida. I can’t imagine what would have happen if you were not there to help me. “ she said.

 

“ Its okay. I’ve always hate it when a man tries to hurt a woman. Besides, I bet anyone would have help you if they were in my place. “ 

 

They didn’t talk much after that. Just some small talk. Couple minutes later they arrive at Ji hyo’s apartment. Before Ji hyo got out the car, Jong kook called her name.

 

“ Ji hyo ssi, would you hand me your phone please. “ he ask and hold up his hand.

 

Ji hyo was hesitant at first but she gave her phone to him anyway. Jong kook type in his phone number and save it before giving it back to her.

 

“ I save up my phone number into your phone. If you have any trouble or when you need any help, just call me. I’ll try to be there for you. “ jong kook returning the phone.

 

“ Ah neh. Kamsahamnida Jong kook ssi. Neomu kamsahamnida for what you have done for me. I’ll be going then. Hope we can see each other again. Drive safe. “ she said.

 

“ Neh I will. I’ll try to go to the bar whenever I’m free okay? We will each other again for sure. Now hurry get inside and rest. Call me if you need anything. “ 

 

“ Neh. See you again soon. I’m going now. “ she said waving at him and entered her building apartment.

 

Jong kook waited until Ji hyo had completely disappeared from his sight before started to drive again. He decided to went to the gym after that to have a little break from thinking of what to do to find his missing friend. He forgot about that for a moment when he was with Ji hyo.