Chapter 2: The tiger’s sacrifice

Return Of The Tiger

“Jong kook-ah, i need your help. You need to help me.” Jang hyuk said in desperation.

 

That sentence is enough to make Jong kook fully awake from his sleep, forgetting his tiredness knowing that his best friend needed him. As he had promise Jang hyuk to be there for him, he will. 

 

“Hey hey, relax. Tell me where you are and i will be there as soon as I can.” Jong kook assured Jang hyuk.

 

“I’m at Eun hye’s apartment building. Dont worry, nothing happen to her but we really need your help here.” Answered Jang hyuk.

 

“Arasso, wait for me. I’m on my way there. Just keep calm.” Jong kook said and quickly when out of his house. 

 

Jong kook arrive at Eun hye’s house half an hour later. When he open the door to the house, he was shocked by what he had seen. On the ground, there is a dead body laying in the middle of the living room. Its not just someone, it is the dead body of the only son to the first chairman from the white fang clan, their rival clan. Eun hye was sitting on the couch not far from the lifeless body. Jang hyuk was next to her, hugging her to calm her down. Jong kook could see that Eun hye’s shirt was torn a little on her shoulders so he could imagine what had happen. 

 

“What happened here? How can he be here? What did he do to you? Did you kill him Jang hyuk-ah?” Jong kook start asking multiple question at once.

 

Eun hye pull away from Jang hyuk’s embrace and wipe away hear tears that is still falling so she could explain what had really happen. 

 

“I used to date him. We just broke up recently. I broke up with him because I could not stand what he do for a living. Killing people, torturing people for money. He was furious when i asked for the break up, saying that i would regret it. I was scared at first but as the day goes by the scared feeling slowly fades away. Not until tonight, he came here banging on my door telling me to open up. I was so scared that i called Jang hyuk oppa to come here and help me. But before Jang hyuk oppa could arrive, he had already broken my door and entered my house and he also tried to.....” and at this point, Eun hye starts sobbing agian as she remember what happen.

 

Jang hyuk gets closer to her. Rubbing her back to calm her as he continue her story.

 

“He tried to force her into sleeping with him. I got here just in time before anything could happen. I pulled him away from her. Then he pull out his gun, aiming at Eun hye. Luckily i was fast enough to snatch that gun away from him. Then he took out his knife and starts running towards me with it. I had no choice but to put him down” Jang hyuk explain, finishing the story.

 

Jong kook keep silent for a while, thinking what he could do. The silence was really uncomfortable for the three of them. Jong kook look up at Jang hyuk and Eun hye. His eyes met theirs. Then he starts to speak.

 

“Jang hyuk-ah, bring Eun hye out of here. Get far away from here as possible.” Jong kook said. Eyes still lock on both of them.

 

“What about you Jong kook-ah? What are you going to do?” Ask Jang hyuk curious of his best friend.

 

“You called me to help you. That is what I’m doing. I’m helping you. Go now before the police gets here. Your neighbour must have called them when they heard the gun shot.” Jong kook answered him 

 

“No please dont do this Jong kook-ah.” Jang hyuk beg his best friend.

 

“No! I need to do this. Think about Eun hye. She needs you out here. You need to take care of you. Dont worry about me.” Jong kook said firmly.

 

Jang hyuk just look at his best friend. Didn’t know what to do anymore. He look at Eun hye who is now looking down.

 

“Arasso Jong kook-ah. I promise to take care of her. I will keep her safe. Please be safe Jong kook-ah.” Jang hyuk said as he stands up. He then help Eun hye to stand up and went away from the apartment.

 

Jong kook was left alone, he took the gun and wipe off Jang hyuk finger print and left his print on it instead as if he was the killer. The police arrive not long after, taking him into custody. Along the way to the police station and to the interrogation room, he keeps quiet. Until Tae hyun walks into the room and sits in front of him.

 

“Can you tell me what happen jong kook-ah? I know you. I know that you are not the kind guy who kills people.” 

 

“I killed him. l had to. He was trying to hurt Eun hye.” Said Jong kook half lying. He was lying about killing the guy but telling the truth about the guy trying to hurt Eun hye

 

“I cant help you if wont tell me the real story here Jong kook-ah. Please!” Beg Tae hyun.

 

“As much as I want to tell you a different story, I can’t. You that I can’t lie.” Lied Jong kook again.

 

“Well then, I cant do anything else but arrest you with the charge of murder.” Said Tae hyun in despair.

 

Jong kook was sentence to 5 years of prison time. He accepted the sentence willingly knowing that Jang hyuk and Eun hye would be okay. Without him knowing, the matter was far from over. 

 

 

 *stay tune for Ji hyo first appearance in the next chapter*