Time to start anew

Reality or Make Believe

A/N: Hi all, here’s the final chapter, thank you so much for reading or enjoying it. I just want to do my best to complete everything I can, so here goes the last chapter, thank you once again.

 

Sponsor mentions: As always, thank you very much to my sponsors. I appreciate all of you so much: AvryGeist171, royalshipper2122, DTHDHR, Bernkaset, Casti1004, jasonds,  ZombieJuhyun, 112714, falsuki, wittyadie95, Fantasiii, Km62201n, Eris78, User_name1200, Androsssss, hiraiim-trash, theRequiem78, jyrus_21, Seosunny, kingdomcomes, sleepyhead, Jewster88, InformedPuppy, Fladoodlem8, ericakate, dga214, pinkpinkypin, Moonstunt, shinneay, dmac20, Tashphobic, kiyomamoo, iamforeverlame, Mmm2392, CheezeeMyoui,  aya_ah98, bangton, Supergirl, aya_ah98, Nyssa21, Icantstandtofly, Mooncrush22, sawyer09, taeyang729, RedPaint, PengusTigerClub, Shouto818, anijit, SleepyRu, tay_84, jjlevi93, Tekiii, LOCOppl, AliyaViktoria, YANGx_, hanz316, Samlion, Normallyotp, j33200, atlastheresam, kasey_1432, Seulsbear, Karasxo, Mehrus, izujon, Chan_94,  Renhye143, Queen_ren, HornedDevil, hazelpunch, Destitutefate, angeljenkins,Geekspeak00, 49ae23b700190d3928bc s1786343, Badgalval, Mavok_, Cianne, Darthhearts, bongdrr, problematique9,  Laneajasmine, Alexotto, meganz21, macegraco,Shaolan, Alex-ander-an, satozaki. Thank you so much for being sponsors. :)




 

Last night was probably the best sleep both Seulgi and Joohyun had gotten in a long time. Although, their situation wasn’t completely resolved, not until they had a chance to talk to Tiffany, and have everyone get the closure they needed. The fact of the matter was that the majority of their stress was lessened after having told Seulgi’s ex the truth. Something they should have done sooner, but the most important thing is that it did happen. They told Tiffany the truth about them, and there was nothing left to do but get closure, or as close to it as possible. Joohyun knew that it would probably be hard for Tiffany, and she does genuinely want for her to be fine, as she wouldn’t wish anything bad for any person.

 

She hopes with time Tiffany will heal mentally and physically. While she and Seulgi continue moving forward together. They have a wedding to plan, and the rest of their lives to look forward to, both deciding nothing would get in the way of their plans for their future. Joohyun was the first to wake up or so she thought, because she immediately reached over for Seulgi, like she normally will when she wakes up. The singer is surprised to find the side of the bed empty, and she’s about to call out for her. Perhaps, she went to take a shower, or took a morning walk. But the question is answered when the bedroom door opens and she sees Seulgi carrying in room service. The monolid woman smiles when she notices Joohyun is awake, places the food down, and proceeds to greet her properly with a kiss.

 

“Hi, good morning, beautiful.”

 

“Hey, morning.” The dark-haired woman smiles, and kisses Seulgi’s lips a few more times. There is nothing better than getting kisses as soon as she wakes from the woman she loves. “Have you been up long?”

 

“An hour or so ago, you looked so peaceful sleeping I didn’t want to wake you up. I ordered breakfast though, ready to eat?”

 

“I’m starving, everything looks good.”

 

The couple sit down to breakfast together, Seulgi taking moments of feeding her, and Joohyun cutely taking food from her plate, only to have Seulgi take some off of hers. These fun and easygoing moments they share as a couple are always appreciated, and going away was the best decision they could make.

 

“After this, we can get ready and do some sightseeing? I know we talked about going to some places today.”

 

“Yeah, I can’t wait to walk around with you, it was a nice idea, this mini getaway, Seul.”

 

The artist smiles softly and grabs the raven’s hand, leaving a soft kiss against her skin. She doesn’t know what she would do had she not had Bae Joohyun beside her. Seulgi always feels like she was truly lucky to meet her, and even luckier to have been able to fall in love with her too. Seulgi can’t imagine wanting to spend the rest of her life with anyone else.

 

“I’m glad we had a chance to get away, Hyun. I want to enjoy our time together.”

 

Seulgi doesn’t say the rest, but Joohyun knows what the missing words are, as the situation back home hasn’t gone away until they deal with it. But as they are together, enjoying their time away, the couple agreed they wouldn’t bring it up too much, and enjoy each other more. Joohyun simply gives her hand a squeeze, a silent understanding between them.

 

“Well, let’s finish our breakfast and we can get ready for our day.” Joohyun does say instead and that’s exactly what they’re going to do. The day is just starting and they are ready to begin it together.

 

The day may be just starting, the sun is up, and it’s a new day for not just them but for one Hwang Tiffany. Tiffany who did not get much sleep the night before as for her, her entire world was blown to oblivion. Everything she thought was true about herself and her relationship with Seulgi is a lie and not only that. Tiffany is missing many years of her life, so much that she hasn’t even laid eyes on Seulgi in a long time, let alone date her anymore. She spent most of her time looking up Seulgi.

 

And as happy as she was to see the artist so accomplished and doing well in her career, because she remembers back when Seulgi was struggling and questioning whether she should pursue her art. Tiffany is happy to see this, that she is very successful and well known. Tiffany always believed in her, that she could succeed. But, of course with the happy news came the pain for her, when she saw the more personal details of Seulgi’s life. News articles confirming her relationship with singer Irene. Then came the pictures, pictures of the two of them looking happy together, Seulgi showing up at her shows, or the singer at her art exhibits. 

 

“They’re really….” She pauses, unable to finish that sentence. Of course, looking back it makes sense. The woman was always there with Seulgi, by her side, supporting her, all signs of a woman supporting her partner. Tiffany doesn’t know why she didn’t put two and two together. She almost didn’t want to click on the article talking about their recent engagement. But she had to, she needed to see all that she has missed, and maybe in some way it would be finally fully accepting the reality. Tiffany takes a deep breath and clicks the article.

 

“Artist Kang Seulgi and Singer Irene engaged”

 

 “Kang Seulgi proposes to her long time girlfriend, Irene.”

 

And it goes on and on, thousands of comments as well in support of the couple, who do look happy, and beautiful together, picture perfect really, as if sticking two gorgeous people together that actually looked in love. Tiffany hurries and closes the tablet she was given. There is only so much that she can take from seeing someone she loves with someone else. Tiffany can’t help that in her mind and heart those feelings haven’t changed, the time may have passed, but she was still believing in a different life, a life with Seulgi that she knows logically can’t exist anymore. Tiffany is not the type to try and break up a relationship, but she does need full answers from Seulgi, perhaps even some form of closure. Right now though, there is nothing but pain, and she sinks down into the bed, with tears she tries to hold back, starting to burn her eyes. How could she wake up to a world that was so completely different from what she knew, and how the hell was she supposed to start moving on? Tiffany didn’t know, and for now everything seemed impossible. 

 

“How do I start picking up the pieces of my life….”


 

As Tiffany wondered about how she would begin to move on, Seulgi and Joohyun walked around together, hand in hand, admiring the sights. Joohyun remembers in the early days of their relationship, when things were new, and they didn’t necessarily walk around in public together, until the relationship was confirmed. Mostly, Joohyun worried about how fans would take it, since she is quite the popular singer, but was pleasantly surprised by the reaction that was overwhelmingly positive. People thought they made a cute couple, and were supportive all around. Joohyun was never ashamed of her relationship with Seulgi, but appreciated how the artist was more worried about her career than anything at the time. So when they were officially confirmed, Joohyun wasted no time in being able to show off her relationship with the artist. Whether it was going on dates, holding hands in public, she didn’t care who saw them, because they were simply two people in love.

 

“I remember when we couldn’t even do simple things like this, just walking around holding hands.” The shorter woman tells her with a small squeeze. “The hardest part was pretending like I didn’t have someone amazing in my life.”

 

“It was hard for me too, not being able to publicly confirm our relationship then, and of course watching all those singers flirt with my girl.” Seulgi whispers softly and that makes Joohyun smile.

 

“They wanted Irene, not me as Joohyun, as who I really am. Besides, I was always just yours anyway, Seul.”
 

Seulgi knows that, she knows that Joohyun was never interested in any of the other singers who openly flirted with her. That no matter what, Joohyun was coming home to be with her, and they had something solid, good, something that was all theirs only.

 

“I liked how fast you claimed me too.” The artist smiles. “You made sure everyone knew I was yours, and I never had anyone do that before, it meant a lot.”
 

Joohyun knows some of the story behind her previous relationship, how Tiffany could never claim her, or come out to her mother, something that did cause strain on them at times. Joohyun can understand how it probably was hard to come out, especially one’s parents. But the singer is proud of their relationship, proud to be with Seulgi, and of course had no hesitations claiming the woman she loves.

 

“Of course, I wanted everyone to know you’re mine. The longer people thought you were single, the more they would have tried to take you away, and you belong to me, Kang Seulgi.” She laughs and kisses the side of her cheek. 

 

“I do.” Seulgi agrees. “I’ll always belong to you.”
 

“That’s what I like to hear, now come on, we’re supposed to be sightseeing.”

 

Joohyun happily pulls her along, laughing out in that excited way where her face lights up, and it never fails to make Seulgi laugh too. She always has a good time with Joohyun no matter what they are doing, whether it’s outdoors exploring something new together, or at home together, laying on the couch and watching movies, whatever it might be, the most important thing is they have fun together. The best part of the sightseeing is not only the sights, seeing the gorgeous views in the park, taking photos, tasting delicious food at the food festival that was going on, is only the person she’s with. Seulgi loves Joohyun more than anything and everything about being together here with her confirms she is the best choice, and only right choice for her.

 

“All that food we tried made me hungry, want to find a place to eat?” 

 

“Sounds good, Hyun. We can grab lunch, and then go back to the hotel for a while, if you’d like.”

 

That sounded like a plan, and the couple searched around for a place to eat. Not surprised by the attention they get along the way. The two of them are after all, walking around in public not doing anything to hide who they are, some people are starstruck, others politely wave, and a few ask for autographs. Fortunately, when they are seated at their restaurant of choice, no one bothers them. 

 

“Everyone is really excited about our wedding, I’m surprised no one’s asking to plan the wedding for us.” The artist mentions as she pours the wine for them both.

 

“Joy and Yerim are already on that, or would love to help plan the wedding.”

 

“I’m sure they would. Maybe, we should elope and get married that way.”

 

“Kang Seulgi are you going to cheat me out of a lovely wedding, for a quick marriage? I am offended.” The raven puts her hand over her chest in mock pain, and Seulgi can only softly grab that hand.

 

“We’ll have the wedding of our dreams, the one we talked about since getting engaged, I promise.”

 

“That’s more like it, besides you promised me a Fiji honeymoon too.”

 

“Sounds like you decided on Fiji then.”

 

“All those gorgeous pictures were enough to make me want to go, most of all it’ll be with my wife, so yes, the honeymoon location is decided.”

 

The talking of the details about their soon to be wedding, and honeymoon are enough to put smiles on both their faces. They both know this is their person, the person sitting across from them, the one who makes them the happiest. 

 

“Fiji it is, Hyun. Now we just need to make sure we get to our honeymoon as fast as possible, which is why….”

 

“Why?”


“Why we should elope!” The monolid woman is teasing her, and that makes Joohyun lightly push her.

 

“Kang Seulgi, keep that up and see if I marry you.”

 

They both laugh at their silliness, but this is what they do, the kind of fun, free, loving relationship that works for them, because it’s theirs. Seulgi thinks about how effortless this is, how Irene makes her feel loved in ways she has never really experienced before. Truly, she is blessed to have Joohyun, and plans to make sure the singer knows that for the rest of their lives together. The way Joohyun grabs her hand as they exit the restaurant on the way back to the hotel, and how perfect their hands feel together, it makes her stop for a moment. Joohyun looks back at her with a worried glance.

 

“What’s wrong, are you okay?”
 

Seulgi is standing there taking everything about Joohyun’s face. Her pretty features, beautiful bright brown eyes, and the way she’s looking at her with all that loving concern. The artist gives a smile, showing that she is fine.

 

“I’m just thinking about how lucky I am to have you, Hyun.”
 

Joohyun’s worried gaze relaxes into a sort of shy smile that makes her look endearing, and Seulgi kind of just wants to wrap her arms around the shorter woman.

 

“I could have told you that, Seul.” She teases warmly, but proceeds to wrap her arms around the taller woman for a hug, as if reading Seulgi’s mind. The artist hugs her just as tight, arms closed around her in a familiar embrace that never will get old, no matter how many times they hold one another.

 

“I think we’re both lucky, baby.”

 

“Yes, we both are.” Seulgi whispers in agreement. They walk back to their hotel, hand in hand, and once back inside their room. Joohyun sees there is a box on the bed, next to a bouquet of pretty red roses. She turns to her fiance with a questioning gaze.

 

“You wouldn’t happen to know anything about this, would you?”

 

“Maybe one of the staff left it up here, it could be a gift from a fan.”

 

“Oh, a gift from a fan, maybe.” Joohyun plays along with what Seulgi is saying, and she looks at the roses, there happens to be a card.

 

“To the love of my life, for being the most amazing person for me, please accept this gift with all of my love for you,

 

Your biggest fan

 

She looks at Seulgi who sits on the bed too with a soft smile. “See, I told you they were from a fan.”

 

“Yes, from my biggest fan.” Her biggest fan, alright. Her supporter, her love, her future wife, is indeed her biggest fan. It warms Joohyun’s heart to have that fact reconfirmed for her.

 

Joohyun then turns her attention to the box, she picks it up and shakes it up gently. It doesn’t give her a hint to what’s inside at all, so she has to open it. She tries to get a hint from Seulgi who insists she has no idea what’s inside. She takes her time unwrapping the pretty purple wrapping paper, and opens the box to find two custom made necklaces, white diamond, one with a crystalized bunny, and the other with a crystalized bear. She and Seulgi talked about getting something custom-made this way, because it’s been talked about widely how they both resemble a bunny and bear. It’s cute, special, and it will be something they share between them. There’s also a key, only she has no idea what the key is for, and lastly plane tickets to Shanghai, a place that is very special to them, because they spent one their second year anniversary there, for what was probably the most romantic experiences Joohyun knows she has ever had.

 

“Seul…” Now she feels like she could cry. Seulgi moves to her and gently holds her hands.

 

“We did talk about getting an item customized in this way, but you can have the bear one, and I’ll keep the bunny one, that way it’ll be like we’re always with one another, during the times we’re apart.”

 

“I think it’s a really wonderful idea, and I love the necklaces. Now, what is going on with this key? I love the tickets to Shanghai, because that is a place that means a lot to us, we had a wonderful time there, after all.”

 

“We had the best time in Shanghai, it’s why I booked a trip there, we can go before you really get busy with your promotions, it was a way to thank you for putting up with all this crazy mess we had to deal with. I just wanted to make sure you know how much I love and appreciate you, Joohyun.”
 

Joohyun thinks it’s very sweet for Seulgi to do this, but her soon-to-be wife is the sweetest person she has ever known. She knows how much Seulgi loves her. Joohyun knows that she is appreciated through how she was supportive during this time, but it never hurts to hear it verbally, and for it to be expressed in such sweet ways. She squeezes the taller woman’s hands in her own. Then leans down to kiss her lips for a kiss that is right away reciprocated, turning intense in no time. They only break away for air, and Seulgi sees how she looks at her with all that love in her eyes, it’s the same way the artist knows she’s looking at her. Like she always looks at Joohyun.

 

“Hey, I know how much you love and appreciate me, Seul. But it’s always nice to hear it again. You do know that I never blamed you for what’s going on, this is a situation that is no one’s fault.” The singer has to make sure Seulgi knows that, and isn’t somehow blaming herself still. Because Seulgi isn’t to blame for what’s going on with Tiffany, or for the fact she was in a car accident. But she knows how thoughtful her fiance is, and this was once someone Seulgi loved very much. Joohyun knows because she did ask about her past relationship, as she wanted to understand why Seulgi couldn’t open up to her. She needed to understand what happened in Seulgi’s past. The singer never did forget that conversation.

 

(Flashback)

 

As nice as it was getting to know the artist, spending time with her, and looking forward to deepening their connection. She knows they have a connection, even Seulgi herself said she was surprised to find herself feeling this connection and pull toward her. But with that connection, Joohyun did sense hesitancy, like Seulgi didn’t want to get closer, or was afraid of becoming closer to her. Joohyun had to understand what was going on, why Seulgi seemed afraid, because she had a feeling about them, a good feeling that they could have something very special. The singer was not willing to give up on that so easily, and so after she was done filming a television special that evening. She called Seulgi and asked her to come by for a late dinner, one she cooked herself, despite having a busy day and being tired. Nothing would stop her from seeing the woman she is falling for already.

 

Seulgi showed up, not empty-handed, bringing over desserts from a bakery by her studio, mini tarts, slices of chocolate cake, and homemade chocolates presented to Joohyun in a pretty pink box.

 

“I didn’t want to show up with nothing, these are some of the best desserts I’ve ever had, so I hope you’ll like them too.”

 

They looked delicious, although Joohyun found herself staring at the gorgeous monolid woman, dressed in a nice dark turtleneck, and slacks. She was so beautiful to Joohyun, and she could barely take her eyes off of Seulgi. Not wanting to get distracted from one of the main reasons she asked Seulgi to come here. Joohyun waited until after they ate and were sitting together in the living room. 

 

“You said you wanted to talk?” Seulgi wonders what’s going on, as the invite hadn’t been all for dinner only. Joohyun told her she wanted to talk too, and that did make Seulgi a bit nervous. At the same time, she will hear what Joohyun has to say, preparing herself for any worse possible outcome.

 

“I do, firstly I really enjoy the time we spend together, and I think you’re probably one of the most incredible people I’ve ever met.”

 

Here it comes, Seulgi thinks. They haven’t officially put a label on what’s going on with them, but surely this is some sort of breakup, or unofficial one.

 

“Do you want to stop spending time with me?” The artist nervously asks, she needs to get this over with, if it will end up hurting her. Joohyun looks surprised by those words, and shakes her head furiously, before grabbing onto a slightly larger hand.

 

“I don’t want to stop seeing you, Seulgi. I honestly want to continue seeing where this goes, I enjoy spending time with you, and I think you do with me too.”

 

“I do, I never thought I’d be comfortable enough with someone like this, so I do enjoy being together with you.”

 

When Seulgi says things like that it only alerts her curiosity more. There must be a reason as to why Seulgi still seems hesitant. She runs her fingers over the brown-haired woman’s knuckles.

 

“You seem hesitant to move forward with me, and I do want to understand why. You don’t have to tell me now if you’re not ready, but just know I am serious about you, and us, moving forward together.”

 

The gentleness in her tone makes Seulgi relax, and feel comfortable enough to start talking.

 

“I think you’re an incredible person too, Joohyun. You’re kind, funny, really warm, and I’m afraid.”

 

Now they were getting somewhere, Joohyun doesn’t let go of her hand. She wants to be a reassuring comfort to Seulgi as she gets ready to further explain what she means. What is she afraid of? What’s holding her back from exploring things further with the two of them.

 

“It’s not you, I think you’re a special person. But…” she pauses, holding back any tears that might come. Talking about her past relationship always brings her pain, it’s why Seulgi pushes it down to the farthest corners of her mind and banishes it away as much as possible. Still, Joohyun deserves to hear the truth. She needs to hear her truth so that she understands the hesitancy has more to do with her than anything.

 

“I had loved someone once, very much, it was a serious relationship. Only she left me heartbroken, empty, and wrecked by ending our relationship, because of that I’ve been reluctant to embrace love again, I don’t think I can handle another heartbreak like that, not again. I would not recover.”

 

After hearing that, Seulgi's reluctance to advance further in their relationship. Hearing and seeing her inner pain, as she describes what she’s been through, it makes Joohyun hurt for her. How could someone truly cause the most wonderful person Joohyun has ever known, to feel pain like this. Joohyun proceeds to hug her in such a way that takes Seulgi by surprise, because it’s so comforting, reassuring, it makes the artist settle in her arms. 

 

“Seulgi, I don’t know why anyone would hurt you, you’re the most wonderful person I know, and I care about you very much. You don’t have to be afraid of me, of being with me, and taking a chance on us, because I do believe we could have something special together. I’ll show you that you can let go of your fears, I’m not going to hurt you.” 

 

(End)


 

Joohyun never forgot how she cried after that, whether it was from being touched by her words, or for finally expressing that pain to her, maybe a combination of both of those things. The raven just knew she would never hurt Seulgi, and if she did cry because of her, she only wanted it to be from tears of happiness, never pain.

 

“I know it’s not my fault, I’m not responsible for what happened to Tiffany, or what’s going on with her right now. I might not be in love with her anymore, but that doesn’t mean I want her to suffer either.”

 

“Of course not, baby.” Joohyun whispers with a kiss to her forehead. Something in Seulgi’s tone worries her and all she wants to do is bring her support in this moment, if that’s what she needs. 

 

“I want her to be okay, but I think about how this affected us, and what else it could have done to our relationship. I think about that sometimes, and how I put you in that situation, all because you’re my fiance. I’m sorry, Joohyun.”

 

It is like Joohyun thought, Seulgi holding onto some misplaced guilt, like she is the cause. Seulgi never told her to keep up the lie, or tell Tiffany she was only her friend, those were all choices Joohyun made on her own. What matters more is that Tiffany knows the truth, and they are together still, only stronger than ever because they faced an obstacle that was placed in front of them. They can do anything as long as they remain a united front. 

 

“While I appreciate your apology, Seul. You don’t owe me one, I made my decisions too, when we were faced with that situation, and my biggest and most important one is choosing you, every day, all the time. I love you, and are we not here together?”

 

“We are.” Seulgi nods, leaning up to kiss her lips. Joohyun is right, they are here together, they are in the process of planning their future, nothing about what happened changed how they feel about one another. “I love you too, Joohyun.”

 

“Come on, let’s take that nap we said we would. You can cuddle with me, to really apologize if you want.”

 

Seulgi laughs at that, the way Joohyun always makes her laugh, no matter what. The taller woman proceeds to wrap her arms around Joohyun, where the singer settles into her arms immediately. It’s quiet for a long while, as they lay together, quiet to the point that Seulgi thinks Joohyun has fallen asleep. Only to find that she grabs her hand and leaves a kiss there.


“Don’t think I forgot about the key, I expect you to tell me what that’s for, Kang Seulgi.”

 

“Ah,” she laughs a bit, eyes forming crescent shapes. “You’ll know what it’s for soon, Hyun. I give you my word.”

 

“Good, I’ll wait patiently then.”

 

Seulgi nods against her, placing a kiss on the top of her head. “I’ll never keep you waiting long, Joohyun.”

 

With that the singer is able to fall asleep in contentment, knowing that there is more meaning to what Seulgi is saying. She is assuring her that she is the priority, that she loves her, and will always come to her no matter what. Just as Joohyun always chooses Seulgi, Seulgi in turn chooses her, and they constantly choose each other. Seulgi falls asleep not too long after that, feeling better after they have talked, and knowing no matter what happened from this moment forward, they had each other, it was the most reassuring thing in the world for Kang Seulgi.

 

Reassurance and certainty are important when dealing with insecurities, or when your entire life has been blown apart. Hwang Tiffany was never the most patient person, always stubborn, and wanted things to be done her way on her time. Right now, Tiffany wanted to fully recover, not just physically but mentally too. She was tired of being in the hospital, tired of having no control in her own life, so she pushed herself. If she needed more time to heal emotionally, the least she could do was start to feel better physically. The only problem with pushing yourself when you’re not ready is the consequences of those actions. Feeling weak, tired, emotionally drained, and not eating much the dark-haired woman falls instantly onto the floor after making a few shaky steps. The way she screamed out in pain, the burning of unshed tears in her eyes, all Tiffany wanted to do was lay there on the cold hospital floor. Someone wouldn’t let her, and she feels two arms grabbing her up.


“Ms. Hwang, what are you doing?”

 

Tiffany freezes and turns slightly to see the concerned face staring back at her. “Dr. Jung?”

 

Jessica helps her back onto the bed. She checks to make sure there are no bruises and swelling, Tiffany assures her that she’s fine.

 

“I’m fine, it didn’t hurt that much, only my pride.” She smiles, but it doesn’t reach her eyes, not in the way it used to. 

 

“You shouldn’t be pushing yourself too hard yet, Ms. Hwang. You need time to…”

 

“I need to at least be well physically, after my life has been severely blown apart, I just need some control again, whatever it is.”

 

Jessica understands, not so much the part about living in a past time frame mentally only to have everything you thought you knew to be a lie, or no longer the truth. She understands from a doctor’s perspective the patient’s need to have control, when they are feeling helpless, and in the hospital.

 

“Ms. Hwang, I know right now you’re in an unbelievably difficult place, but that doesn’t mean you can force yourself to get better right away, it could hurt your recovery more than help. You’ve been my patient for a year now, I would hate to see you end up worse than you are now, at least…” She pauses because Tiffany lays down in bed, tears finally being released, after holding back for so long.

 

“Forgive me if I don’t care much about the things I should, I just found out someone I love, and thought would be my future, is in love with someone else, and engaged to her. The way they looked so happy in their picture perfect photos, I just…” Tiffany closes her eyes. “I know I can’t do anything to change what is my reality, now that I know. But that doesn’t mean it hurts any less, it’s like waking up to find out you lost someone you loved, and you don’t know why because there are no memories.”

 

Jessica wishes she could say anything to give her encouragement, enough strength to continue moving forward to her recovery, and her own future. Yet, doesn’t feel like there is anything suitable she can say this early, when all Tiffany understands is her pain.

 

“I know I can’t understand what you’re going through, but I do want to take care of your well-being, please allow me to do my job. For what it’s worth I am sorry for what you’re going through, and if I made things worse by trying to protect you for a while. Wait, I’ll be right back, okay.”

 

Jessica gets to the door but stops when she hears Tiffany call her name. The doctor looks at how her eyes appear lost and the woman looks so broken.

 

“You can call me Tiffany, you know.”

 

Jessica contemplates that, and as she normally doesn’t call any patient by their first name. There is something about Tiffany letting her know it’s okay.

 

“Okay, Tiffany.” She tries the name out. “I’ll be right back.”

 

Tiffany has no idea why Jessica is leaving but she is feeling emotionally drained, and closes her eyes. All she wants to do now is sleep, but her sleep brings her dreams of a time where she was happy with Seulgi, and they were in love, the future was theirs. It’s hard enough to be awake, it should be easier to sleep, and because it’s not all she can do is scroll through her tablet, still looking at the articles about Seulgi, and the ones focused on her relationship. This can’t be healthy for her, re-reading articles, looking at photos, a part of her wishing it was all a dream, and she didn’t lose so much of her life that she still remembers. The dark-haired woman drifts off to sleep soon enough, tablet falling to the side of her.


 

This time she doesn’t dream, or maybe she does but can’t remember anything by the time she wakes up. Tiffany sits up, telling herself she will not look at the articles anymore. 

 

“You’re awake.” Jessica speaks, upon entering the room. “I have something for you, but first we need to get you up and out of bed.”

 

“Why, what’s going on?”

 

“Just trust me, I am your doctor after all.”

 

“Well, okay then.” what does she have to lose, after all Jessica is her doctor and has been taking care of her this whole time. The brunette helps her up and into the wheelchair. She wheels her outside to the garden area where Tiffany sees pizza waiting. 

 

“Pizza?”

 

“Yes, I thought it was a nice gesture, I know it doesn’t magically take away what you’re going through, but I saw in your file you were from California originally, I thought maybe you’d like some pizza?”

 

Tiffany may not remember a lot of things, particularly about her life since she’s missed so much of it. However, she could not forget her love of pizza, and feels touched by this gesture.

 

“I love pizza, thank you, will you sit with me? Do you have time, I don’t want to be alone right now, and could do with some company.”

 

“Well, I can for a bit, sure.”

 

Tiffany appreciates having Dr. Jung here with her, it feels a little less lonely sitting down to this delicious pizza with her. They end up sharing a conversation, to where Tiffany asks her about her, like where she’s from, why did she choose to be a doctor, and it was good to not think about her own struggles and concerns for a moment.

 

“You’re from California, too? What a nice coincidence.”

 

“Yes, I thought so too, but then again my name is Jessica and yours is Tiffany.”

 

Something about the way Jessica says that makes her laugh, and Tiffany is surprised at herself for laughing so effortlessly this soon, after discovering such life altering news. Yet, she needed the distraction, to laugh, to feel something other than painful thoughts.

 

“Thank you, I really did need this.”

 

“I’m a doctor, I know the best medicines.”

 

“No, really, thank you, this helped more than you know, Dr. Jung.”

 

“You’re welcome, Tiffany. I enjoyed this, it was nice to have a break for a moment. I do need to get back to my patients, but if you would like to stay a bit longer I can have a nurse come to bring you back to your room when you’re ready?”

 

“I’d like that to stay a little longer. Before you go, can you do me one favor?”

 

“I can’t bring you pizza all the time, as good as it is, I do have to draw the line somewhere, or I could be out as a doctor, and you wouldn’t want me losing my job, would you?”

 

Again, Tiffany laughs. “No, I wouldn’t want you to lose your job, my favor is simple. I just need you to give Seulgi a call when you have a chance, I do need to talk to her, and I know it’ll be hard, but I need to do this.”

 

Jessica gives her a sympathetic look. She can’t imagine what Tiffany is going through right now. She also knows the current situation wasn’t easy on Seulgi or Joohyun either, all of them dealing as best as they could. Truly, all the doctor hopes for is everyone being fine, and living their lives in the best way they can. She feels for Tiffany in another way, as at least Seulgi has Joohyun, and they have each other. Who does Tiffany have?

 

“Okay, I will give her a call when I have a chance, for what it’s worth I hope the best for all of you, Tiffany.”

 

Having no idea what to say to Jessica’s words, although she knows they are sincere. That’s why Tiffany thanks her politely, and in the back of her mind she hopes for everything to be okay too, even though she doesn’t see how such a thing is possible at this point in time.

 

“Thank you, Dr. Jung, I hope so too.”



 

 Seulgi was waking up to the feel of soft lips against her own, Joohyun was laying on top of her, running her fingers through Seulgi’s brown locks. 

 

“Hey,” Seulgi smiles softly, eyes focused on the woman she loves. “How’d you sleep, Hyun?”

 

“I always sleep well when I’m next to you, how are you feeling?”

 

“I feel better, but that’s because of you.”
 

Joohyun’s response is a soft kiss to her lips that Seulgi eagerly returns. They share a few more kisses before the sound of Seulgi’s stomach grumbling alerts the singer, and she laughs. They had been sleeping for a long while, and at this point they should look into getting dinner.

 

“Someone’s hungry, huh?”

 

“We slept a long time.” Seulgi notices the time on the clock in the room, not having intended to sleep for that long.

 

“That’s okay, we’re on a mini vacation, right? But we should look into getting dinner now, there were a lot of restaurants that sounded good, so how about we get ready and head out?”

 

All Seulgi wants to do is enjoy a nice dinner out with Joohyun. The artist looks forward to it already, as there are plenty of good restaurants out there they took notice of, and the nighttime view will be gorgeous to look at as they walk around together. Once dressed and ready to head out, Seulgi can’t help that she has a somewhat anxious feeling in the back of her mind. She tries to push it to the side to not let it ruin their dinner. Besides, Joohyun is still gently reminding her she needs to explain about the key she put in the box.

 

“You haven’t told me about the key, baby.”

 

“Oh, haven’t I? Are you sure?”

 

“Don’t try to act innocent,” Joohyun laughs. “I still want to know what it’s for.”

 

“I’ll tell you, I did promise, didn’t I?”

 

Joohyun gives her shoulder a bit of a squeeze. “Yes, you promised, and I trust you.”

 

Nothing more is said about the key for now, as they head into the restaurant for dinner. They have time to order when Joohyun has to step away to take a phone call from her company, as she is still in the process of getting ready to release another album, she has to be kept informed. While she waits for Joohyun to come back, that anxious feeling returns in full force, Seulgi sips some water to help distract herself.

 

“I’m sorry about that, one of the producers at the studio called me. I have the okay for a song I wanted to release.”

 

“That’s good news, Hyun. As much money as you make them, they should be happy to do whatever you want.”

 

She smiles at the praise. “I do alright for a soloist.”

 

“You’re humble.” Seulgi tells her, “but I love that about you.”

 

The food arrives and they take their time to enjoy all the delicious items before them, Seulgi’s steak, Joohyun’s seafood dish, as usual they try food off each other’s plate. Joohyun notices the tiniest sauce stain on the brunette’s bottom lip, and as usual takes care of it, wiping the stain with her finger.

 

“You always notice everything, especially when it comes to my lips.” Seulgi teases her and she nods proudly, having nothing to be ashamed about since she is personally addicted to Seulgi’s lips.

 

“I love your lips, what can I say. Besides as your fiance, and soon to be wife I am allowed to see to your well-being.”

 

“Yes, you are, Hyun. No one’s going to ever take that right away from you. Now, should we look into ordering dessert, as we wait I’ll tell you what the key is for.”

 

“I won’t say no to dessert, but don’t pretend like you didn’t say you were going to tell me, Seul. You shouldn’t lie to your wife, you know.” She hadn’t meant to say that, but at the same time it feels so easy to call herself as such, since soon enough she will be Seulgi’s wife.

 

“Say that again.” Seulgi asks of her. 

 

“What, your wife?”

 

The monolid woman nods and grasps her hand into hers. “You’re my wife, Joohyun, even if we have to wait to make it official, you’re my wife in the ways that matter.”

 

The raven feels like she could cry, she is touched beyond words by such a powerful declaration from the artist, so instead she whispers back that Seulgi is her wife too, in all the ways that matter. The dessert is ordered and as they wait, Seulgi tells her what the key is for.

 

“I wanted you to have that key because it’s your key to my art studio. My art studio has always been one of the most important places to me, and you are the most important person to me, Joohyun. I want you to be able to come there anytime you want, see what I’m working on, or even draw with me at times too, anything you choose to do, because it’s yours only.”

 

The singer recognizes how very significant this is, she has been to Seulgi’s studio of course, whenever she wanted. But she knows how that studio is like a sanctuary for Seulgi and not only just her creative space. This means a lot to Joohyun, having her own key to such a place.

 

“You’re giving me my own key, Seul… I’m really touched, I know how important your studio is, it means everything to me that I get a key, this means I can come to see you work anytime, no matter what.”

 

“Yes,” the monolid woman nods with a warm smile. “I might ask you to pose for me though, so you’ll have to be okay with that.”

 

Joohyun chuckles lightly. “I’ll pose for you anytime, you don’t even have to ask.”

 

Their chocolate cakes arrive, and look almost too delicious to eat, only that isn’t stopping either of them from diving into what is a really delicious chocolate cake. Seulgi is about to suggest they order some to go too, when her phone rings. She hesitantly checks it, and Joohyun doesn’t have to ask to know it could be about one thing, and one thing only.

 

“Hi, Dr. Jung,” Seulgi answers anyway. 

 

“Hello, Ms. Kang, I hope this isn’t a bad time, but Tiffany did want me to call you. When you have a chance, maybe you can stop by the hospital.”

 

“Yes, I will, Dr. Jung, is she okay?”

 

Seulgi can still recall her reaction, that pained reaction from the woman she once loved, and how at the time she could do nothing but blame herself for things, although Seulgi hadn’t been at fault for any of it.

 

“She’s resting, and seems to be better than she was when you last saw her. Thank you, Ms. Kang for your understanding during this strange situation, and I will tell you what I told her, I do want everything to work out for you all, that includes you and Ms. Bae too, thank you.”

 

“Thank you, Dr. Jung, I appreciate that. Have a good evening.”

 

The brunette ends the call and puts her phone away. “Is she ready to talk to you?” Joohyun wonders.

 

“She wants to, but I think it would be best to do that tomorrow. We'll get another night’s sleep here, and tomorrow I’ll talk with her.”

 

“I’ll be with you, baby. You know you don’t have to do this alone, but I will respect it if you do need to talk to her alone. I’ll be waiting right there, when you need me.”

 

“Thank you, Hyunnie. Thank you for always supporting me.”

 

“Always, Seul, no matter what.”

 

It is decided that after they finish at the restaurant they’ll go back to the hotel, get a good night’s sleep as best as they can, and return tomorrow.  Seulgi isn’t much looking forward to this conversation she must have, but knows it must be done, no matter what should happen. As they head back to their hotel, hand in hand, Joohyun tells her exactly what she needs to hear again, to help calm her down further.

 

“Everything’s going to be fine, Seul. We’ve come this far, let’s see it to the end.”

 

And that was really all she needed to hear, to make her more relaxed about tomorrow, whatever happened they would get through it no matter what. She hoped for the best for everyone, at this point it was all the artist could hope for.


 

But sleep didn’t come easy for Tiffany, who spent most of her night in the hospital bed awake, staring at the ceiling, or looking through the tablet, making sure to avoid the articles about Seulgi and her fiance. The little sleep she did manage to get was full of nightmares, so she gave up around 6 am, and stayed awake until the nurses greeted her for their morning check. All she wants to do is find enough strength to get through today, if she can make it through today, then she can make it even further, one day at a time. 

 

“Seulgi said she’ll be here around 12, if you’d like I can arrange for you two to talk privately in one of the conference rooms?”

 

“Thank you, Dr. Jung. I think that would be fine, I wish there was a way for me to delay this a little while longer, but I need to have this talk with her.”

 

“I think you both need to have this talk, when you’re ready I’ll take you to the conference room.”

 

Tiffany thanks her again and sinks back into bed, she is exhausted, tired, but her body will not rest. Perhaps, it’s because she knows that she has to talk to Seulgi, no matter how hard it might be. Also, Tiffany has been hoping for any memory of the last few years to come back to her, so it all makes sense, and yet nothing came back. She found herself relieved but disappointed, since having her memories back would be more for her than anything. Getting her memories back will not make things magically the same with Seulgi again, but for her, it would help make some sense of why she’s currently here, and how she got to the point that Seulgi is no longer hers. She pushes those thoughts out of her head, they will not help her anyway, and tells Jessica she is ready to go to the conference room. 

 

“I’m ready, it’s time I face this.”

 

And she wasn’t the only one who felt uneasy, Seulgi, who personally never expected to see Tiffany again, let alone get ready to have a difficult conversation with her, over something she had buried in her past a long time ago. The only thing that calmed the artist was Joohyun, who insisted on them getting home, because she wanted to cook for her personally, it was a sweet gesture, one Seulgi appreciated. The raven postponed her meeting at her label for the day, just to be with Seulgi. She didn’t want her to be alone or feel like she was, not today.

 

“Don’t worry, it was postponed without any issues.” She says because she knows Seulgi is concerned about her and her career. 

 

“I’m glad, since you’re missing out on work time because of this.”

 

“I’m where I want to be, and that’s with you. Let me drive, though, you seem a little on edge.”

 

“You can tell, huh?” Seulgi sighs. “I feel nervous, because I never expected to really see her again, at all, and then everything happened.”

 

“I know, and I’m sure the conversation won’t be easy. All you have to do is be honest, and say what you need. I do really think everything will work out, honey.”

 

Seulgi grabs her hand in thanks. “Thank you, Hyun, when you say it I believe you.”
 

As they drove to the hospital, Joohyun thought it was a good idea to play some music, anything to keep Seulgi calm and relaxed.

 

“Play your album, the last one you released. You’re my favorite singer, you know?”

 

“I believe you, since you’re my biggest fan.”

 

With Joohyun’s music playing in the car, Seulgi feels relaxed, calmer, and ready to face what she must. The singer doesn’t let go of her hand not once as they enter the hospital where Dr. Jung greets them both, letting the couple know Tiffany is waiting for Seulgi. The brunette takes a deep breath and turns to Joohyun who tells her she’ll come in only if Seulgi needs her to, as much as she would like to be in the room too. Joohyun knows that this is something that Seulgi must do alone.

 

“I’ll be right here, okay.”

 

“Thank you, Hyun.” She places one last kiss to her forehead and starts heading to the room to talk to Tiffany, and she does hope that the other woman is more calm today, now that a few days have passed since the last time they saw one another. The artist opens the door to see Tiffany sitting in the room, looking just as anxious as she feels internally, not that Seulgi can blame her. 

 

“Tiffany?”

 

Tiffany looks up when she hears her name, and sees Seulgi, then reminds herself not to try and hug her, like she is so used to doing. Instead, she tells Seulgi to sit down too, and the silence is almost deafening for the longest moment, until Tiffany does speak.

 

“It’s weird, huh, us being here like this after the last time I saw you.”

 

“Yes,” Seulgi nods. It is certainly weird, but this is what they both need. “I am honestly sorry that you weren’t told the truth sooner, Tiffany. I never wanted you to be hurt, I hope you do believe that.”
 

She knows that Seulgi is a kind and considerate person, she certainly would never wish any harm on anyone. Tiffany isn’t even upset at Seulgi, she’s upset with herself, the situation, the lack of her memories, and it does hurt that Seulgi is someone else’s, at the same time that can’t be Seulgi’s fault, when so many years have actually passed.

 

“I do believe it, Seulgi. I know who you are, you’re a wonderful and kind person. I just wish things were different, but it’s going to take me some time to make sense of everything, why we’re not together, and you being engaged to someone who’s not me.”

 

Seulgi closes her eyes, as she knows very well why they aren’t together, but is hoping to avoid that conversation. Tiffany has no memories of breaking up with her, there’s no need to bring extra pain, not when so much time has passed, and Seulgi had her heart healed by Joohyun.

 

“How’d we break up?”

 

Of course, the question is asked. Seulgi isn’t surprised at all, why wouldn’t Tiffany want those answers. 

 

“It’s not important now.”

 

“I think it is, especially because whatever happened made you turn to someone else. I’d like to know what happened, please tell me.”

 

Seulgi honestly wants to avoid this part. “I really think it’s better we not talk about that, and I just….”

 

“It must have been very bad then.” Tiffany gently cuts her off. “Did I cheat?”

 

“No, but Tiff…”

 

“I must have done something to you, if you’re with someone else now. What did I do? I know I had my faults, but we really love….” She corrects herself. “Did we not love each other?”

 

“Yes, I loved you very much, Tiffany. You were the person I thought I would marry one day, but believe me it’s better we not…”

 

“Seul?” She whispers, tears forming in her eyes. “Please, I have to know what I did. Even if it hurts I have to know so I can understand.”

 

Feeling like she has no choice, Seulgi finally breaks down and tells her what she wants to hear, silently praying this won’t make anything worse.

 

“You just one day broke up with me, out of nowhere, out of the clear blue, and I never understood why. You ended things between us, and it broke my heart, for years I felt broken in ways I never understood before.”

 

Tiffany feels her heart breaking at the way Seulgi describes to her what happened, how she hurt her, and it makes no sense to Tiffany why she would do such a thing, and for what? She only has more questions, and not any answers.

 

“I’m sorry, I’m really so sorry, I wish I knew why.”

 

“It’s okay, I was hurt and broken then, but honestly this was years ago. I didn’t tell you the truth to make you feel bad, so if you can, try not to harbor on what I said because it won’t do you any good. What’s more important is that you try and move forward, you have a second chance, that accident could have killed you, you know?”

 

“You should like you’re worried about me. Does my happiness still mean that much to you, even though it shouldn’t any longer.”

 

“Just because I am with someone else, and happy, that doesn’t mean I want anything bad for you, Tiffany. I hope you understand that.”

 

“I’m sorry, I do know logically I need to start moving on, but in my head I just remember loving you, so it will take some time. I want you to know that despite whatever I’m feeling, I have no intentions of trying to come between you and your fiance?”

 

That is a huge relief to hear, Seulgi hopes that with time Tiffany will heal from everything and maybe one day they could be friendly or even friends again, who knows? Anything is possible.

 

“I appreciate that, because I wouldn’t let anything come between Joohyun and I. if there’s nothing else, I really should go.”

 

There’s not much that needs to be said, Seulgi thinks they’ve covered everything most important. 

 

“I want to talk to her, if that’s alright.”

 

“You want to talk to Joohyun?” Now, that wasn’t what the artist expected to hear, but then again, she’s not fully surprised either. 

 

“Yes, I’d like to talk to her, alone if that’s alright. I promise I won’t cause any scene or anything.”

“Alright, I’ll go and talk to her.” Seulgi gets up and walks to the door, but turns back to look at the woman she once loved. “I do really want the best for you, Tiffany. I want you to get well, get out of this hospital, and I think you’ll find love again. If I was able to find love again, when I thought myself too unworthy of it, I’m sure you can, because you are the most stubborn person I know.” It’s said softly and sincerely, that it makes Tiffany smile despite not feeling like it. She silently thanks Seulgi and waits for her fiance to enter the room now. She has to believe that Seulgi is right, and that she’ll eventually be okay from everything that has happened.

 

Meanwhile, outside Joohyun looks concerned because she has no idea what is going on in there, and several times she wanted to knock on the door. But is proud of herself for not interrupting. Soon she feels Seulgi hug her from behind and that calms her.

 

“Hey, what happened? Are you okay?”

 

“Yeah, I’m okay, thank you.” She whispers. “Hyun, she wants to talk to you, but you don’t have to if you don’t want to.”

 

Joohyun isn’t surprised in the least that Tiffany wants to talk to her, why not? She is just as much a part of this as Seulgi and Tiffany are. She is Seulgi’s fiance, so she will hear what Tiffany has to say. The shorter woman kisses her cheek and tells her she will talk to her.

 

“I’ll be right back, don’t worry.”

 

How can Seulgi not feel worried when her fiance is about to talk to her ex, alone. Still, more than anything she trusts Joohyun, and Tiffany already said she wouldn’t cause any scene. Seulgi waits while Joohyun enters the room, and her first sight is of someone trying to wipe away tears, as if she wasn’t just crying.

 

“Hi, thank you for agreeing to talk with me.” Tiffany speaks. “I wanted to assure you too that I have no intentions of trying to steal her away, or come in between your relationship.”

 

“Oh…” Joohyun pauses. “Well, thank you for saying that, I know you have no reason to want to hear this from me. But, not once did I ever want you to be hurt, or in pain. You aren’t to blame for your lack of memory, and I do apologize that we didn’t tell you sooner.”

 

She does genuinely feel bad for that, because they should have told Tiffany sooner. Tiffany says nothing for a long moment and that’s because she’s thinking of what to say next. Joohyun is not her enemy here. She is a woman in love with her ex, and that’s what Seulgi is, her ex, it’s perfectly normal that Seulgi has moved on. Especially now that Tiffany knows it was her that ended their relationship.

 

“Thank you, it’s no one’s fault that I can’t remember. I also wanted to say to you, thank you. Thank you for loving Seul in ways that I couldn’t, and thank you for healing her heart, she told me a bit about what happened between us. It sounds like she had a hard time.”

 

Seulgi did have a hard time, Joohyun was there when she was trying to let go and allow herself to find love again. Still, it serves no point in rubbing salt in Tiffany’s wounds.

 

“You don’t have to thank me because I love her, I do understand why you’re saying this, though. You might not want to hear this from me of all people. But, you will heal too, and there can be another chance at love for you, just like Seulgi had. Seul and I both want you to be well, I mean that.”

 

“I know, thank you, Joohyun. I think we should end this here, before it gets more awkward for us both, I wish you two the best.”

 

Despite how much pain Tiffany is in. Joohyun has the feeling she means that, and that’s more than what she could have expected or hoped for. The singer doesn’t stay any longer and heads back out to Seulgi who looks like she was moments away from heading in herself.

 

“Hyun, hey, what happened?”

 

“She only wished us well, and we came to an understanding of sorts, I believe. Hey,” She touches Seulgi’s cheek. “Don’t worry, it’s over. Now her healing can begin properly, and you and I can move forward with our lives.

 

“Yeah, you’re right. I think we should go, there’s nothing else more we can say or do here.”

 

The couple start heading away from the conference area, to where they run into Dr. Jung who looks like she’s on her way up to Tiffany to see how she’s doing. Seulgi gives the brown-haired doctor a warm smile.

 

“Take care of her, Dr. Jung. I think she could really use someone like you in her life.”

 

“Oh…” She pauses, slightly taken aback by what Seulgi says to her. “Well, sure, I understand, and best of luck to you both, Ms. Kang, Ms. Bae.”

 

“You as well.”

 

Joohyun looks at Seulgi with a knowing look. “You don’t think…”

 

“That Dr. Jung has feelings for Tiffany, yes, I think so. It’s why I just know she’ll be alright, even if right now she doesn’t think so. Now, I’d like to go home with my wife now, if that’s alright?”
 

“Yes, it’s more than alright. Let’s go home, sweetie.”


 

Dr. Jung knocks on the door to the conference room, growing concerned when she hears nothing until finally Tiffany tells her to come in. The doctor is there to see her in full tears, and that hurts her to see. She walks over and moves to sit by her, yet gives appropriate space.

 

“How are you?”

 

“Terrible.” Tiffany admits. “I do feel terrible, but I feel relieved too. They do love each other very much, and I was able to pick up on that from talking with them. I just hope everything really will be okay, like everyone keeps saying to me.” She pauses to wipe her tears, only Dr. Jung has a handkerchief in her pocket to which she gently wipes them away for her.

 

“You go above and beyond as a doctor, you know.” Tiffany smiles some. “I don’t think it is required of you to wipe my tears too.”

 

Jessica smiles back. “It’ll be our secret, now since you had a rough day, I think it would be okay for you to have some ice cream, yes? Doctor’s orders.”

 

Tiffany laughs, despite herself. Dr. Jung is funnier than she imagined. “Only if Dr. Jung will join me?”

 

“Only if you call me Jessica.”

 

“Alright, Jessica, I’ll take you up on that ice cream, and thank you for all your help, not just for caring for me, but for everything.”

 

“You’re welcome, Tiffany. One day, you’ll look back at this and it will be just another obstacle you had to face, I’m sure of it.”

 

Tiffany feels like she could believe it, after hearing how Dr. Jung sounds so positive, it makes her feel a bit better, better than she has felt in a while, and if Seulgi was able to move on and find her person, the person that was meant for her, then why can’t she? Maybe with time she will, for now Tiffany must focus on her recovery, and her own future, as Seulgi has already found hers. She has to believe she will find hers too.


 

By the time Seulgi and Joohyun arrive home, the monolid woman is feeling more exhausted now than when she was talking to Tiffany earlier. All she wants to do is climb into bed and sleep. Joohyun notices and helps her by taking off her jacket, helping her to the bedroom.

 

“I think I’ll give you a break before we start talking about our wedding plans again.” Joohyun says softly. “You look like you’re about to pass out.”

 

“I’m never too tired to talk about wedding plans with you, we have the honeymoon location, so we should finalize more details…” Seulgi yawns and Joohyun only helps her to bed. 

 

“We will talk about our wedding plans, after you rest. But one thing for sure is there will be chocolate cake of some kind.”

 

“Yes,” Seulgi laughs and kisses her forehead. “There will be chocolate cake.”

 

The moment Seulgi is laying down in bed, Joohyun hurries to lay down too, wrapping her arms around the slightly taller woman. She leaves a kiss on her forehead and feels Seulgi place her arms around her waist in return.

“I can’t wait to finally exchange vows with you, and make it official, Seulgi. You really are the best thing that has ever happened to me.”

 

“You’re the best thing that has ever happened to me, Joohyun. All I want is to have our wedding, and be with you for the rest of my life. I really can’t imagine my life without you, you know?”

 

Joohyun can’t imagine her life without Seulgi either. Ever since they met, fell in love, and became a part of each other’s world, there was no turning back for either of them.

 

“Lucky for you, you won’t ever have to imagine that sort of life, because I’m going to be right here, with you, always.”

 

“Always.” Seulgi whispers. “I like the sound of that. Can you tell me that one more time, Joohyun.”

 

“I’m going to be with you always, Kang Seulgi. Nothing will ever tear us apart, I promise.”

 

Before she closes her eyes completely, she feels a kiss to her lips, and Seulgi knows without a doubt, nothing ever would come between them. Bae Joohyun is her person, the person meant for her, and now all they needed to do was look forward to their future, it was theirs for the taking. 




 

A/N: Sorry about that y ending, endings are hard sometimes. But this does bring the fic to an end, everything worked out for Seulgi and Joohyun here, and I think Tiffany will also be fine, after her healing process. So I am proud of myself for actually completing this, because I didn’t know if I could, and thank you for reading.