Do you want me to pretend?

Reality or Make Believe

A/N: Hi readers, thank you for the reviews of the last chapter. I’m still going to complete this no matter what, and it shouldn’t be a long fic anyway, so hopefully I can complete it well, I’ll do my best. 

 

Sponsor mentions: As always, thank you very much to my sponsors. I appreciate all of you so much: fabricsoftener, AvryGeist171, royalshipper2122, DTHDHR, Bernkaset, Casti1004, jasonds,  ZombieJuhyun, Rita_1211, 112714, Karasxo, falsuki, wittyadie95, Fantasiii, Km62201n, Eris78, User_name1200, Androsssss, hiraiim-trash, theRequiem78, jyrus_21, Seosunny, kingdomcomes, sleepyhead, Jewster88, InformedPuppy, Fladoodlem8, ericakate, dga214, pinkpinkypin, Moonstunt, Sarcasaticree, PandaExpress69, j33200, shinneay, dmac20, Chan_94, Tashphobic, NoJamDubu, kiyomamoo, iamforeverlame, Mmm2392, CheezeeMyoui,  aya_ah98, bangton, blazeaf, Supergirl, Revelsone, madam_mac, aya_ah98, Nyssa21, Icantstandtofly, Lelouch99, Mooncrush22, sawyer09, taeyang729, tinybean, kaikaitheartist, argonots, RedPaint, Maraga, Kasey_1432, PengusTigerClub, Shouto818, KetchupPeng, Zeliex, Cristianul18, Bjhksgsswpsykry, YANGx, coolspeed, anijit, chomisus, Val-Sauce_99, cupcaketree123, SleepyRu, tay_84, jjlevi93, and RG_Blink. Thank you so much for being sponsors. :)


 

 

 

 

Joohyun spends most of her time caressing Seulgi’s palms and whispering to her that everything will be okay. She can’t know that for sure because it all seems so strange. They were just home in bed, enjoying their engagement. Now in some really random twist of fate Seulgi’s ex happens to be still living in the past, a past where she and Seulgi aren’t broken up but still together. Joohyun can’t even wrap her head around such thoughts right now. The dark-haired woman gently turns Seulgi’s face to hers.

 

“Hey, Seul. Baby, I love you. We’ll be okay.”

 

The monolid woman nods. “I love you too,  Hyunnie.” Seulgi promises and kisses her lips softly. The artist has no idea what to do, but she is really glad that Joohyun is here with her. There's a sudden loud scream and commotion.

 

“What is going on?” the singer looks alarmed.

 

“, that sounded like Tiffany.” Seulgi gets up and takes her hand in hers. When they get near her room. From the window Seulgi sees Tiffany in tears shaking her head while Dr. Jung tries to comfort her.

 

“I just want Seulgi. Why do you keep making her leave?”

 

“Ms. Hwang, you must calm down.”

 

“No, not until I see her. Stop taking my girlfriend from me.”

 

Joohyun’s eyes widen at the very emotional display. Tiffany is not okay and she definitely thinks that Seulgi is still hers. It’s real for her, in her head the last thing she remembers is being with Seulgi.

 

“Hyunnie, maybe you should go. I don’t want you to have to deal with any of this.”

 

The singer shakes her head. There is no way she is about to leave her fiance to deal with this crazy situation. She wouldn’t leave her if the situations were reversed. Joohyun understands that Seulgi is just worried about her and she is feeling. But even if it’s uncomfortable she isn’t leaving the woman she loves.

 

‘Seul, I’m not leaving, and she seems like she is in a lot of pain.”

 

“Yes, but...it’s…”

 

The raven in bed catches sight of her. “Seul, baby please don’t leave me. I need you.”

 

“.” Seulgi mutters. Joohyun pulls her aside a bit so that Tiffany can’t see her too.

 

“Seul, go okay. You can help calm her down. I’ll be right out here, alright.”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Yes, go.” She kisses Seulgi’s cheek and gives her hand a squeeze. Seulgi reluctantly enters the room. Although a part of her feels like they should both leave now while they have the chance. Before things go from bad to much worse. Yet, Tiffany looks so relieved to see her, so much so that Seulgi knows she would feel guilty leaving her here in this way. 

 

“Seul….” Tiffany is already reaching out to hug her. The monolid woman does hug her.

 

“It’s alright, Fany. Try to calm down.”

 

“Don’t leave me.” Seulgi hears the whispers. Joohyun watches from the window. She has a feeling that Seulgi will do whatever she’ll have to do to help Tiffany. Seulgi is a kind person in that way, which was something she loved about her partner. But she wasn’t okay with simply giving up her fiance either. They have no idea how long this is going to last. Will Tiffany remember on her own? Or will they just need to tell her when she feels stronger and hope it doesn’t affect her too badly.

 

“Hey, Fany, please relax. You don’t need to make yourself stressed out like this.”

 

“I just want to go home with you. Can we please go home, baby?”

 

“Ms. Hwang, you can’t go home just yet. Not until we at least give you some physical therapy. You’ve been here for a year.” Jessica informs her. 

 

A whole year? That seems like such a long time to be apart from Seulgi, and away from their life. She starts crying again, so the brunette wipes her tears.

 

“You’ll be okay, Fany.”

 

“How did I get in the car accident?”

 

“Reckless driving, Ms. Hwang.” Dr. Jung is not ready to tell her that she had been drinking during that accident.

 

“And no one else was hurt right, you’re positive?”

 

“No, you were the only one.”

 

“I’m glad that no one else was hurt.” She places a hand on Seulgi's cheek and Joohyun has to look away. Tiffany is very touchy feely and that much is obviously clear.

 

“You’re not hurt, Seulgi and I’m so glad.”

 

“I’m not. Don’t worry.”

 

“Ms. Hwang, we need to take you for some tests alright. You just woke up and we need to do some CT scans, and probably some MRI’s as well.”

 

The raven looks hesitant because she doesn’t want to be away from Seulgi anymore than necessary. Seulgi gives her hand a reassuring squeeze.

 

“You need to go. Your health is important.”

 

“You’ll be here, right?”

 

“Yes, don’t worry about that. Go get your tests done.”

 

Tiffany then tries to kiss the brunette’s lips which definitely is upsetting to the singer just outside the room. Seulgi quickly turns in order to get a cheek kiss instead. Joohyun breathes a sigh of relief while Tiffany just looks confused. Seulgi never rejects her kisses.

 

“Seul, what’s wrong?”

 

“Nothing.” She lies. “I’m worried about you, so you should get those tests done, alright?”

 

“Can I have a real kiss first before I go?” The question is asked hopefully. Seulgi looks reluctant. She’s had plenty of Tiffany’s real kisses before, and she can never stop at just one. And they often involve tongue and some type of touching. There is no way she is about to kiss her in what she says “a real kiss” while Joohyun is waiting just outside the door.

 

“Ms. Hwang, there will be time for that. Right now we really need to get going.” Dr. Jung thankfully helps out.

 

Tiffany accepts but not without one more hug and is wheeled out to get her tests done. Joohyun hides herself around the wall so the other woman doesn’t spot her.

 

“Hyun, where are you?” Joohyun hears Seulgi calling out for her.

 

“Right here.” She steps out from around the corridor. Seulgi hurries over to wrap her in a tight hug.

 

“I am so sorry about this, baby.” The brunette whispers and kisses her forehead.

 

Joohyun nods into her hug. “She is in love with you, Seulgi. I can tell. Even though she doesn’t know that she broke up with you. She loves you.”

 

“It doesn’t matter. I’m with you. I love you, we’re getting married,  Hyunnie.” Seulgi promises and kisses the hand that has her engagement ring on it.

 

“What are we going to do, Seul? She’s expecting you to take her home and….” Joohyun can’t bring herself to continue on. Because Tiffany wants kisses, and kisses will lead to more and Joohyun can’t think of that. The singer doesn’t want to imagine her love with someone else, let alone her first love.

 

“I can’t do that. We’ll just have to tell her the truth.”

 

“You saw her. She can’t handle something so intense now. She got upset that you weren’t with her.”

 

“Then you want me to pretend? That’s not fair to anyone, especially not you, honey.” The artist the singer’s face.

 

“Seul, babe, I know. Nothing about this is easy or normal for that matter.”

 

She isn’t really too keen about Seulgi having to pretend that she’s still together with her ex. Not when the two of them should be making plans towards their wedding.

 

“Let’s go get some tea or something at the cafe?” Seulgi reaches for her hand. They walk together and sit for tea and share one carrot cake muffin and a banana flavored one.

 

“It’s not as good as yours, but I just needed to be here with you alone. And not worry for a while.”

 

The shorter of the two gives a nod. She understands but it won’t change anything when they have to go back up to Tiffany’s room.

 

“We still have to deal with whatever happens back there.”

 

“I know. I’m worried about being alone with her, and pretending that she didn’t break my heart back then. I mean I know she doesn’t remember that but I do.” Seulgi sighs. “This is way too much to ask.”

 

Joohyun just leans over to kiss the monolid woman’s lips. Seulgi returns the kiss. The raven just really wants for them all to be okay. She just doesn’t know if that is really possible or just hopeful optimism. Once upstairs they stand simply talking. They have hands intertwined with one another. They thought they were safe here just around from the waiting room. Only Tiffany is being wheeled back to her room.

 

“Seul?” She notices the brunette and the woman besides her. Someone she is sure she has never met or seen before.

 

“Tiffany?”

 

“Baby, hi. Who’s this?” She gestures to Joohyun.

 

“She’s….”

 

“A friend,” Joohyun finishes, causing Seulgi to look at her with confusion. Why is she doing this?

 

“I’m Bae Irene” she smiles politely, offering up her english name instead. Probably in an effort to not reveal her Korean name and the name she goes by while singing.

 

“Hi, I’m Hwang Tiffany.”  She offers a polite smile of her own. “How do you know Seulgi?”

 

“We work together. I just came to see if I could help in any way.”

 

“Oh, that’s nice of you. Seul,” Tiffany takes her hand. “Why don’t you invite your friend to have lunch with us?”

 

It would be laughable if either Seulgi or Joohyun could find anything funny about this crazy situation. Hearing the word friend, it leaves such a bitter taste in calling Seulgi her friend. Seulgi is the woman she loves, her fiance,  not just a friend to her any longer. Yet the words left before she could even stop them.

 

“No, that’s okay.” Joohyun says. “I’m not hungry, but thank you.”

 

“Okay then, maybe another time when I get out of here even.”

 

“Sure.” The singer is still being polite, and kind as if none of this is actually bothering her. Seulgi knows better though. Tiffany retakes her hand.

 

“Come on, Seulgi. Have lunch with me.”

 

“Alright,  Fany.” she gives a nod, but as the nurse is wheeling her back to her room. The brunette squeezes Joohyun’s hand. “I’m so sorry.” She whispers an apology again.

 

Joohyun simply has a seat in the waiting area. Joy has been sending texts left and right wondering if they have any wedding plans at all, even going as far as to offer her “services” as she calls them. Joohyun smiles. They should be eventually discussing wedding plans, but for now it will be on hold no doubt. Until things are figured out with the Tiffany situation.

 

“Hi Joy. Seul and I will let you know when we start really discussing things, promise.” Joohyun texts back

 

 

Meanwhile Tiffany is busy trying to feed Seulgi with some of the hospital food that she swears isn’t so bad. She just tasted it herself and it is edible.

 

“No, really. I’m not hungry.” Seulgi declines.

 

That makes the raven frown some. “Don’t lie, Seul, you’re always pretty hungry. Here taste it.” Tiffany happily tried to feed the brunette some of the beef and rice.

 

Seulgi reluctantly takes a bite and that makes Tiffany happy. “See that wasn’t so bad was it?”

 

“No, um, Tiff...” she starts. “Fany.” She corrects the nickname.

 

“Wait, Seul.” Tiffany takes both of her hands. “I was told by Dr. Jung that I am really very lucky to be alive, and that makes me so grateful because I still get to be here with you.” She kisses one of her hands. “I love you so much,  Kang Seulgi.”

 

She doesn’t even know how to respond. She hasn’t heard Tiffany tell her that she loves her for many years. The raven looks at her rather expectantly, wanting to hear those same words back.

 

“Seul…”

 

“I, I love you too,  Fany.” and that only makes Joohyun smile brightly. Seulgi feels sick to her stomach for saying such things when Joohyun is out there waiting for her.

 

“When I get out of here. We should go on that vacation we never did get to go on for our anniversary. Do you still want to go to Hawaii? Or we could go anywhere really as long as we’re together, Seulgi. It doesn’t matter to me. I just don’t want to waste anymore time.”

 

“I...I can’t just pack up and leave so suddenly. I have work.” Seulgi does have huge upcoming projects and work on a new comic series that is always in the back of her mind. Also, she has wedding plans to start going over with Joohyun at some point. Tiffany nods in understanding.

 

“How is Taeyeon?” She mentions her former boss and mentor. They still keep in touch. Seulgi even gets job offers from her sometimes and they did a collaboration art mural together in Japan once.

 

“Taeyeon is fine but I don’t work for her anymore. I actually run my own studio now.”

 

“Wow, baby I am so proud of you.” Tiffany leans in to kiss her cheek. “You always wanted to have your own studio one day.” Then runs her fingers through brown locks. “I told you that you would.”

 

Tiffany had. Back then she was one of her biggest supporters. Even when people told her that she should find more realistic work. Tiffany continued to believe in her. Now, here she is fairly successful and well known in a few countries.

 

“Yes, you did, Fany. Thank you.”

 

“Of course. I always believed that you’d be able to do something with your art.”

 

“Tiffany, speaking of that. I need to go because I have work to do, so, I’ll see you maybe tomorrow.”

 

Tiffany is wearing a very familiar pout. “Can you maybe come back before I go to bed tonight? I missed you so much, sweetie.”

 

She can’t because she is going home with Joohyun. “I can’t. I’m sorry.”

 

“Alright, but you’ll come in the morning, right baby?”

 

“Yes, I’ll see you tomorrow. Get some rest.” Seulgi squeezes her shoulder. Tiffany is just very confused by her girlfriend’s actions. She has been strange the entire time.

 

“Seul, please give me kisses. I brushed my teeth and everything, so it’s really okay.”

 

Having a minty fresh breath is not the problem. She can’t just start kissing Tiffany, that can not happen.

 

“Fany, I’ll see you…” but the raven hastily grabs her and places kisses all over her cheeks.

 

“There since you won’t let me kiss your lips. I need something to get by. But I will get my kisses eventually Seulgi.” She smiles and lets her go after a final goodbye. Seulgi hurries over for Joohyun who is busy typing away on her phone.

 

“Hyun, hi.”

 

“Hi, honey. Everything's okay?” Joohyun stands up and goes to hug her. Seulgi already feels better in the singer’s arms. She closes her eyes and wills away her tears. Joohyun senses it right away. She kisses her lips softly and Seulgi’s face.

 

“Hey, I’m here. I love you, Seulgi.”

 

“I love you too, Hyun. But why did you tell her we were just friends?”

 

“I don’t know, I just reacted. I’m sorry.”

 

“We can’t keep this up forever, Hyunnie. She’s not going to be satisfied with how “weird” I’m coming across right now.”

 

Tiffany has already asked for kisses. She can keep her at bay for a while but not forever if they plan to keep up this charade.

 

“Seul, I don’t know if we can just lay it on her any kind of way that you aren’t with her, or that we’re engaged.”

 

“I know. But I don’t think I can keep this going forever.”

 

“It won’t be forever, honey. Dr. Jung will help so she’ll be able to handle the truth. Let’s go home.” Joohyun squeezes her hand. Seulgi nods.

 

“Yeah,  let’s go home. I really need to forget about this crazy day.”

 

The couple leave hand in hand. Tomorrow was another day they would have to face together.

 

 

A/N: Done here, comments are as always appreciated. And hopefully I’ll see you readers for the next chapter ^^