[4]

The Girl behind The Star.

Anna Song.

It's 8:46 p.m, I'm on my bed doing my home assignment but my stomach can't stop growling so I went down to search for anything to eat, but there's nothing in the fridge, then I went to the living room and saw my mom still awake, watching her favourite show, F.r.i.e.n.d.s,"Ma, is there something to eat?" She keep her eyes fixed on the t.v, focusing "I don't think so, honey, I forgot to go grocery shopping this evening" I sighed, "But I'm hungry and my stomach can't stop growling" now, she is looking at me, then her watch, then sighed, "It's almost 9" she sighed but taking out her purse anyway and give me a cash, but before handing it to me,"be back after 10 mins" she said firmly, "sure thing" I replied.

After I bought a bunch of chocolate chips and a milkshake, I went out from the mall and was about to walk back to my home but stopped when I heard a voice saying," ..stop it, please, I'm tired but if you don't, I promise you, I'll make your life a living hell, just like you did to mom" wow, I shouldn't peek but I can't just walk away, so I just stand there, listening, "He di, I'm-" He di? I looked up to see a tall boy standing in front of a middle aged man, I can't see him clearly because it's a bit too dark, "-sorry, I'm trapped and I just can't stop it, I need you to understand me" said the older man, The He di guy sighed, and was about to say something but stopped and look up, our eyes met. First thing on my mind was, it was really him, second, good lord, I got caught, than I saw him walking towards me but my instinct told me to ran, so I just ran, fast.

...

It's already monday and the first thing that came to my mind when I woke up was how I will face He di today, but shook it off because I don't think he'll take it as a big deal, well, everybody knows about his relationship with his father, right? That give me enough strength to face the reality, I think.

When I arrived at our classroom, Ru shi waved at me, excited to say that she'll watch Jun's play again today, I look around to see if He di is already here or not, he isn't here, yet, I should atleast apologize for listening to their private conversation, right? Hmm. Then he came in, looking around like he is searching for something, more like someone, so cliche, but it's the truth, then his eyes landed on me and come straight towards me, why do i feel so nervous all of the sudden? I was cool with it this morning, than he stopped and stand right next to me, I didn't even dare to look up, he clear his throat and say "Lin, can we exchange seats?" Lin? The one who is sitting behind me? No way, "No!.. I mean-, I, was just.." I just burst out without thinking but regret it because I look up and see his intense gaze, it was like he is daring me to talk further, but if I do, I think I will regret it so I quickly looked away focusing whatever is in front of me. Then Lin just stand up and sit on the last bench where He di used to sit, poor guy.

I wasn't going to let him bothered me but he was quiet, too quiet that I can't even concentrate on the explanation, actually, he is scaring me. The bell rang and I ran out from the classroom as quickly as I could, I can hear Ru shi's faint voice shouting, "Wait up, Anna!" I am such a coward.

I wait for Ru Shi and Disung on our seats and as soon as Ru shi see me, she glare at me, I clear my throat, "Ru shi, I can explain" Disung look confused,"I thought we were friends, I told you everything about me having a crush on Jun-" she whispers,"-but you didn't tell me you have a thing for He di" wait, what? "Wait, who has a thing for He di?" I whisper his name, just in case anybody around us can hear us,"You do not have a thing for him?" I was shook, "Me? No, Ru shi, Why did you think like that?" Disung was more confused than ever, "Guys, what is happening? and stop whispering" we both just ignore him,"Than why did he sit right behind you, like, He di never ask to exchange seats to anyone and also, he doesn't talk to any girls, unless, I think, they are special" well, I'm 100% sure I am no special,"okay, I'm gonna tell you something, but first, you have to promise me that you won't freak out" they both nodded, "Okay, He di caught me listening to him and his father having a really private conversation last night, near the mall" they look surprised but they remain calm," Then what did he do? Or what did you do?" asked Disung,"Of course, I ran" "" they both scolded me,"Why did you ran, you can just act like you don't see them or just-" Disung nudged Ru shi who is still scolding me, "apologize or-" Disung look panic but Ru shi keep on scolding me "He di is coming" said Disung, "What!?" Ru shi and I both turn around then turn back again as soon as we saw him walking towards us, "I need to run away" Ru shi grabbed my hands, real hard, "Don't you dare" what the hell, so I just sit there, not even daring to move, so He di did come to us and is now standing right next to me, I gluped, then he put one chocolate chips on the table infront of me, I am confused, then he clear his throat and say,"You dropped this, um, last night"...and I was amused rather than surprised, but before I look up to meet his eyes and thank him, he just walked away, not caring about whatever I was going to say.

Is it wrong to think that this guy is just so cool rather than thinking him as a weird person?

Also, I need to stop overthinking.

Feel free to pick out any mistakes ^____^