Everyone needs an idiot

Produce 48 scenarios

Sigh.

 

Wonyoung stared blankly across the dull ceiling of the practice room, she was feeling bored and her legs were definitely not in the mood to continue the choreography. The young girl turned to her left and found her two unnies, Eunbi and Chaeyeon, immersed in their own little world as they practised the dance over and over again. Weird, she knew that they were serious about dance but when did they ever get that close?

 

The tall girl shrugged it off and closed her eyes, she really wasn’t feeling anything today, the usually bubbly and energetic Wonyoung had been replaced with a very boring one. “Well someone looks like ”. Wonyoung opened her eyes only to be closing them again when she saw Yujin with her dorky smile again. “Well that was rude”, Yujin said and pouted when she saw the latter had ignored her, the younger girl scoffed.

 

“What’s rude is you calling me shi-mmfff! Hey!”

 

The brown haired girl immediately covered Wonyoung’s mouth with her hand, “Shhhh, you’re still a baby, you shouldn’t be saying bad words”, Yujin beckoned and laughed when the younger girl pouted. “Oh please, and somehow you have the rights to swear when there’s only a year in our age difference?”. Yujin winked mischievously.

 

“That’s exactly what I’m saying”.

 

“Idiot”.

 

Wonyoung rolled her eyes and looked away, trying to look mad but failed and ended up laughing alongside with the older girl. Yujin was just the person she needed in scenarios like these, the older girl smiled seeing that Wonyoung seemed to cheer up a bit. It was enough even if it wasn’t much.

 

“So what’s up? Other than the sky”.

 

The younger girl rolled her eyes and looked away, not even bothered to talk back. Yujin scoffed and was about to try again until she caught what Wonyoung had been staring at.

 

Kaeun unnie.

 

Yujin looked at the younger girl again, she saw it in her eyes, she knew what that look meant. Wonyoung sighed and ly to find the latter deep in thought, “Is this possible, Ahn Yujin is actually thinking for once”. Yujin rolled her eyes in sarcasm while Wonyoung laughed.

 

It’s fine.

 

This was enough.

 

It was her job to put a smile on Wonyoung’s face after all.

 

*****

 

“So you gonna continue to this act or be a man and confess?”.

 

Yujin’s train of thoughts was interrupted by her roomate, Yena, who was on her bed, just chilling while Yujin was lying down ready to wander off to dreamland again, it was late, and by late she means past midnight, “Shut up and let a girl sleep”. The older girl scoffed in return,”As far as I remember your head was filled with Jang Wonyoung, not full of ‘zzz’ ”, the older girl emphasised on that last part which made Yujin groan, “what the hell does that even mean?”. Yena looked at her.

 

“It means what it means”.

 

Just as Yujin was about to protest how that comeback made no sense at all, someone had come in their room taking the duo’s attention. Wang Yireon walked in while the other two remained silent, “Am I not getting a welcome or what?”, Yujin and Yena looked at each other and gave each other a signal before kneeling down in front of the chinese. “Oh hail Princess Yireon who has returned from God knows where”.

 

Yena was met with a hard smack to her shoulders while her partner in crime laughed her head off as the chinese beauty rolled her eyes. This continued on for a while until the door opened again but compared to how Yireon opened it, the door was practically forced open and inside came Wonyoung but she just ran to her bed and covered herself with the blanket, ignoring the fact the girls were right there.

 

They all looked at each other, not knowing what to do. Yireon, being the most sensible one out of them approached the younger girl, “Wonyoungie? What’s wrong?”. However, the latter was met with a sniffling groan, “Leave me alone!”. That made everyone flinch, the girl wasn’t usually like this, something bad must have happened.

 

Yujin suddenly stood up and gestured for the other two to go, saying she’ll handle it, the chinese protested at first but sighed and left in the end, Yena also made an effort to go but before leaving, she grabbed Yujin’s shoulders and whispered something in her ear.

 

“Don’t break the rules ok?”.

 

It took awhile for Yujin to comprehend what the older girl meant by that but by the time she realised, Yena was already out of the door laughing like a maniac. Yujin sighed and looked at the her labelmate who made no movements, she could definitely hear her crying though. Slowly, Yujin brought her hand to her back and rubbed it gently, hoping that would help calm her down. When Wonyoung’s sniffles stopped, the older of the two took this chance. “Can I talk now?”. 

 

Feeling the younger girl shift in the blankets, Yujin took it as a yes. “So, did someone die or something?”, she tried making the atmosphere light, it sounds crazy but she thinks it’s working since Wonyoung took the piece of fabric of her face as she looked at Yujin only to look away. “She doesn’t like me”.

 

Yujin widened her eyes. “Eh?".

 

“She likes someone else”.

 

Yujin blinked.

 

Of course.

 

What was she even thinking?

 

It’s not her.

 

It was never her.

 

Wonyoung’s eyes has always looked at someone else other than her, that’s how it’s always been ever since. Yujin will always be that one best friend who will never leave her side. That’s a certain. She couldn’t forget. She couldn’t forget how hurt she felt when Wonyoung praised Kaeun for being really pretty on their first day of recording, nor could she forget when Wonyoung had confessed to Yujin that she had feelings for the Pledis trainee.

 

She felt hurt, but that’s just how it is.

 

“Well then she can regret the fact that it’s her lost”.

 

“She’s going out with Sakura now”.

 

Yujin stopped.

 

“Ok maybe she won’t regret it then”.

 

Wonyoung laughed at her and hit her, “Yah, if you’re going to try and cheer me up then do a better job at it”. The brown haired girl smiled, “I am, I mean you’re smiling now aren’t you?”. The once crying girl registered her words and looked away blushing.

 

“Seriously you’re such an idiot”. Yujin smiled like an idiot after hearing that.

 

“HEY GUYS LOOK! YUJINIE AND WONYOUNGIE ARE BREAKING THE RULES!!!”

 

The girls flinched and looked towards the doorway to find Yena smirking, feeling proud for what she’s done. That didn’t last long however since Yena was now being chased by a wild tiger which happened to be Yujin, meanwhile Wonyoung stayed in the room laughing.


 

*****

 

“Are you serious?!? That was your freaking chance”.

 

Yena pulled her hair in annoyance, she was so sure that her otp ship was finally going to get together, the starship laughed as if mocking her, “Says the one who ruined the moment and woke up the other girls who were sleeping, I mean, who runs around the place screaming at 1 AM in the morning”. The older girl stuck her tongue, “Don’t say it like you weren’t running too, and may I let you know you screamed louder than I did”.

 

Yujin rolled her eyes, “You were so lucky that Yireon unnie stopped us before we woke Sihyun unnie up”, Yena widened her eyes and made a face. “Sheesh don’t remind me, that woman is like medusa when someone wakes her up, have I told you that one time when I accidentally woke her up and-”.

 

“Yeah I know, you’ve told that story everytime you’re reminded of it”.

 

The older girl pouted and looked away, making Yujin giggle. She then started to think, it Yena hadn’t interrupted them, would she have confessed? She was brought back to reality when she heard a familiar laugh, there she saw Wonyoung and Yireon walking as they were laughing at whatever they were talking about. Yujin managed a small grin. It was ok.

 

She didn’t need a label like ‘Wonyoung’s girlfriend’ in order to be important to her.

 

She felt satisfied where they were now.

 

As long as Wonyoung smiled.

 

Then she’s fine being an idiot for that to happen.