An idiot's confession

Produce 48 scenarios

Days had passed since the last Wonyoung had spent her entire night crying due to an indirect rejection from Kaeun, it’s also been a while since Yujin and Wonyoung last had a private conversation together. Weird, she figured ever since that night they’d be a lot more closer than they were before but the giant baby ended up clinging to her crush even more, did she completely ignore the fact she was rejected?

 

“See? This is what you get for not making a move”.

 

Yena had laughed at her thoughts when she mentioned them, so much for love and support. “Says the one who ruined my chances that night”, the younger girl stated in an irritated tone which caused the shorter girl to flinch and smile awkwardly, “Ok ok I get it, no need to be salty about it, yeesh”.

 

Yujin jokingly rolled her eyes as she continued to press further how Yena had failed in the success of her apparently otp ship, Yena shrugged and shook her head, “Yeah, sad news but the two of you aren’t my otp ship anymore”. The taller girl widened her eyes in surprise, did Yena find herself a new couple to tease? When she asked, the older girl looked at her as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

 

“Can’t you tell? Me and Yuri of course!”.

 

There was a moment of silence.

 

The younger girl had burst into laughter, teasing Yena that she was way too confident in her relationship with Yuri while the Yuehua trainee stuck her tongue out, saying that Yujin was just jealous that she can’t be the same with Wonyoung.

 

“In all seriousness though, do you plan on confessing to her soon?”.

 

Yena’s question had brought the latter into her train of thoughts, she did say that she was fine with being the person that made Wonyoung smile but even she can’t deny the fact that she wants something more. More than best friends. However, she also knows that she doesn’t have the tiniest bit of courage to even make an attempt. She knows it’s stupid but decided to ask Yena about it which made the girl laugh proudly that her dongsaeng finally opened up to her for love advice.

 

“It’s easy”, she said, “All you need to do is simply tell her you love her”. Yujin blinked and wondered if she heard wrong but Yena made no effort in sitting down after posing like some kind of poet, she pondered if the girl had been reading something recently. “Easy for you to say. Is that how you confessed to Yuri?”. The latter had slightly faltered when the name of her girlfriend came up and managed an uncertain nod and smiled.

 

Yujin sighed.

 

“Thanks for the advice captain obvious but I don’t do cringeworthy lines like you”, Yena nodded understandingly until she realised the younger girl had lowkey dissed her, “Hey! I am not cringeworthy!”. Yujin chuckled, “That’s the biggest lie I’ve heard”. Yena was so ready to rip the living hell out of the Starship trainee until a husky voice interrupted them.

 

“What’s with all the shouting?”, Yuri had come from behind and looked at the two confusingly. Yena, who had seemed to have forgotten about Yujin’s whole existence, embraced the girl in a tight hug that Yuri just became even more confused but shrugged it off, “Yuri ya! I missed you!”. Yuri rolled her eyes and smiled, “Unnie, we literally just saw each other an hour ago”.

 

The couple continued to flirt, forgetting the fact that Yujin was right there, after literally counting a whole minute in her head she coughed out loud, causing the two girls to back away from each other. Yena glared at her for ruining the moment while Yujin smirked, in her eyes saying that it was payback. The confused girl stared at her girlfriend and Yujin have a stare off, “Am I missing something?”.

 

Yujin chuckled and explained to the older girl that Yena had been telling the day when she confessed to her and mentioned the cringey lines that she said which made Yuri widen her eyes and looked at Yena who was currently trying to run away.

 

“Well that’s a big fat lie, your confession was nowhere near straightforward unnie”.

 

The starship trainee laughed so hard as she heard the story from Yuri’s point of view, apparently, when confessing, Yena had planned to sing a song that showed her feelings and ended up voice cracking in the middle. Yujin had laughed so hard that she felt her cheeks go numb, wondering how on earth did they end up dating in the end while Yena crouched down, remembering the horrid memory of her lousy confession.

 

“Are you planning on confessing soon?”.

 

Again, the question had struck Yujin in the nerve again.

 

Even if she did confess now, she’s not so sure if she even had a chance, after all, Wonyoung was clinging to Kaeun more than before. News had spread throughout the trainees that Kaeun and Sakura started dating yet the giant baby seemed unaffected, instead she acted like the couple’s child instead of a girl in love. It made Yujin question her feelings, did she still like Kaeun or was she just being a clingy brat?

 

“I’m guessing that you’re still hesitating?”.

 

The calm tone of Yuri’s voice had brought her back to reality and she shrugged her shoulders, “I’m still thinking, but that girlfriend of yours isn’t helping one bit”, Yena rolled her eyes as she wrapped her arms around Yuri’s wasit, “You’re actually trying?”, she sarcastically asked. Yujin looked at her with an unreadable emotion, “Trying my very hardest”, Yena scoffed, “That’s bullsh-”, Yuri had covered the older girl’s mouth telling her not to swear and the girl sadly obeyed with Yujin celebrating that she won against Yena.

 

Yuri spoke up, “If you don’t mind, I can help you”

 

Yujin looked up to see Yuri smiling, she couldn’t tell if she was smirking or if she was actually serious in helping her. Nonetheless, Yujin had agreed.

 

Now she wondered if this was a good idea.

 

*****

 

“Come to the main building?”.

 

Wonyoung had read the letter out loud, she had just walked in her room and found a piece of note on her bed, she looked at Doa who shrugged, gesturing that it wasn’t her. The young teenager decided to go to the main building only to find a larger piece of paper hanged up on the wall. With the letters :

 

“Now go to the room where you practiced for very very very”.

 

The girl was even more confused but still continued to follow the instructions, not doubting it one bit. When she arrived in the room, she found Yunjin standing, as if she was waiting for her. Before Wonyoung could even ask if it was her who wrote the letter, the Pledis trainee had extended her hand and revealed a folded paper, which was the answer to Wonyoung’s question. The older girl also gave her a pin in the shape of a star which Wonyoung found familiar but ignored it.

 

The younger girl did ask the giraffe who was doing this but the older girl shook her head saying that she’ll get killed if she tells so Wonyoung walked out and opened the note, this time telling her to go to where she practiced for side to side. Wonyoung groaned yet didn’t decide to ditch the sudden treasure hunt. When she walked in the slightly larger room, she found the biyeon couple laughing and looked at her and smiled at each other.

 

Wonyoung sighed, “I’m guessing it’s not the two of you either?”, Eunbi smiled apologetically for not being able to tell her while Chaeyeon stood up and passed the taller girl another folded note, “Well, I’ll let you know that you’re halfway there, if that helps”. Eunbi stood up from her position and handed the girl a necklace with a butterfly pendant. When Wonyoung asked, the shorted girl just told her that she’ll need it for later.

 

The starship trainee groaned as she opened the letter that was now asking her to go to the room where she trained for rollin rollin. Wonyoung sighed, she saw that last part coming. When she walked in the room, she found Yiren sitting patiently, as if she was waiting for long time. Yiren looked to the side to find the younger girl slightly breathing heavily, she laughed when she saw her reaction after telling her that it wasn’t the end yet. Another note was then given to her along with a pink bracelet.

 

Wonyoung wasted no second and bid the chinese beauty goodbye, she knows she should have stayed to chat but honestly, she wanted this to be done soon. The note was telling her to go to the entrance of the building, weird, that was where she started. When she finally arrived, she was shocked to find Kaeun standing there, “D-Don’t tell me it was you?”, Wonyoung stuttered.

 

Kaeun wanted to laugh at how adorable the younger girl looked, instead she shook her head and led the girl outside. Wonyoung gasped that now, there was suddenly a huge banner with big characters, one by one she read slowly. ‘I...:Like…’

 

“You”.

 

The young girl flinched and turned around, her eyes widened to find Yujin right behind her, giving Kaeun a signal which made the older girl nod her head and pat Yujin’s shoulder. Wonyoung stayed still, she felt paralysed but Yujin slowly took a step forward and awkwardly smiled.

 

“I-It’s you?”.

 

Yujin expected something like this but she continued with the plan and nodded, the younger girl seemed to have come back to her senses and questioned the girl, starting off the with the accessories she was given. Yujin laughed that Wonyoung didn’t remember but inside she did feel hurt, only a little bit.

 

She took the star pin from the girl’s hand and attached it to the girl’s silky hair.

 

“This was the pin you gave to me when we first met, you said that this would be the start of our friendship so I wore it everyday, I did stop though when we started recording for the show”.

 

Wonyoung looked down and felt guilty that she forgot something like that but the thought was quickly washed away when Yujin next took the necklace and put it around her neck.

 

“This, was the present you gave me for my birthday, you said that the spiritual meaning of a butterfly was joy and colour, so you gave it to me wishing that I was always happy. I did doubt that it was true but since it was you, I believed it”.

 

The younger girl nodded as she remembered the day when she was struggling to find Yujin the perfect birthday present and was very satisfied when she gave her the necklace. Now, Yujin took the bracelet and let it through the girl’s wrist.

 

“And this, was the bracelet you gave me just before we started on Produce 48, this was to give me courage cause I was acting like a scared little girl”.

 

Wonyoung laughed at the memory when she saw the older girl walking forward and backward the night before they started recording for the first episode, she had given the girl her bracelet hoping that it would calm her down a bit. All of these were things she had given Yujin, but was she trying to say?. When Wonyoung asked, Yujin chuckled.

 

“Can’t you tell? I’m confessing to you”.

 

The younger girl rolled her eyes, “Are you an idiot? I noticed that part but what’s with returning the things I gave you?”. Yujin smiled, I’m not exactly returning it, I’m just letting you wear it for luck”. Wonyoung looked confused. “What luck?”.

 

“That you’ll say yes to my confession”.

 

The two stood there, in silence, Yujin gulped and wondered if she sounded too overconfident, but her worry faded when Wonyoung started to laugh and Yujin wasn’t so sure if she got her answer or not but the kiss Wonyoung had given her seemed to have answered it all.

 

It was just a short peck to the lips, nothing more, nothing less.

 

Yujin laughed and mentioned that they were like two kids in love but Wonyoung pointed out that they were still technically kids. The older of the two awkwardly laughed while Wonyoung looked at her as if she was really stupid but ended up laughing anyway and muttered one word.

 

“Idiot”.


 

Yujin smiled and intertwined her hand with Wonyoung who had the brightest smile on her face as they walked back to the dorm.

 

 

(An extra scene)

 

“Uhh Yena unnie? I know you want to watch this but recording isn’t really a nice thing to do”. Yuri lightly smacked the girl’s head as Yena laughed and ended the video, “Don’t worry, she’ll thank me later for this in the future”, the older girl laughed like a dork while Yuri sighed.

 

“Ok then, just saying, I’m not helping when Yujinie chases you with intention of killing you”.

 

 

Author's notes

Hey guys! The majority of you voted for this so here it is, I do apologise thougt for spelling or grammar mistakes since I practically rushed this. For those who voted for Miyu x Yunjin, I promise you that I will publish that chapter soon when I'm done, I'm already working on it now. But man, who's excited for Produce 48 episode 11 later? Definitely me but I'm gonna cry probs, it's another elimination so RIP MY EYES