Rivalry at first sight

Produce 48 scenarios

Eunbi wasn’t really expecting much from the other contestants honestly, she was told by her agency to be confident in her skills so she walked in without a doubt, ok maybe she was feeling a bit nervous. A bit.

 

That certainly did not stop her though from being competitive when she caught a glimpse of the WM trainees. It was kinda obvious that the show was going to make the two companies seemed like they had a bitter rivalry, Eunbi didn’t really want to go that far to being an ice queen but the character just came out when the WM trainees were backstage with them.

 

Even after their evaluation, the girl figured that she would be in a good mood since she got an A earlier but for some reason she still observed the WM trainees’ performance seriously, keeping her eye hooked on a specific trainee. There was something about the way she moved and the way she sang that got Eunbi feeling butterflies in her stomach. This was normal right? The freestyle dance after the song did not help at all, it made the Eunbi feel something she felt she didn’t need to feel. Damn, what was Lee Chaeyeon doing to her, this was rivalry right? Eunbi took a deep breath.

 

Yeah it was definitely rivalry.

 

Totally.

 

If only she could say that to her rapidly beating heart.

*****

 

Eunbi knows she's overdoing it but she can’t help it, she just can’t take her eyes of Chaeyeon. It’s not creepy she tells herself, she’s just acting like any other normal person when they see their rival being incredibly hot as they danced, okay that came out wrong. Eunbi shook her head and got rid of those ‘impure’ trying to focus on the lesson without glancing at the younger girl.

 

And that did not end well.

 

She ended up not being able to focus and was pointed out on her singing. Bad start. A sigh escaped Eunbi’s mouth as stayed behind while the other trainees left the room for a break, she can’t be resting now when the re-evaluation is just around the corner. After a few minutes of intense practice, the woollim trainee let herself collapse on the wall as she shut her eyes and continued to breathe heavily, she was the only one in the room anyway...or so she thought.

 

Eunbi immediately opened her eyes when she heard the creak of the door, her heartbeat began to beat quickly that she wondered if it was thumping loud enough for others to hear. That would certainly be unlucky considering the fact that it was Lee Chaeyeon who walked in the room, what was she supposed to do in this situation?

 

For a start, she tried to rise from her spot as she made an attempt to stand up but successfully failed. Eunbi was waiting for the pain to come but started to wonder why she wasn’t feeling anything so she opened her eyes only to find Chaeyeon holding her up.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

All Eunbi could manage was a reluctant nod as the younger girl helped her sit back down. “You should rest a bit more, you look like you just went to hell”, Chaeyeon chuckled at her own words as she tried to lighten the atmosphere. Eunbi thinks there’s something wrong with her ears, maybe she should make Chaeyeon laugh more often, she never knew that a laugh could sound so sweet.

 

Wait, what was she thinking. She was another competitor, she wasn’t supposed to be feeling these kind of stuff, Eunbi was just so immersed in her thoughts that she didn’t even realise that the latter was already beside her and proceeded to rest her head on the older girl’s shoulder. Eunbi felt stiff and tensed, she tried not to make it obvious but she could tell that Chaeyeon noticed, when she looked down curiously to see the younger girl’s face, she found the dancer slightly pouting.

 

‘“Do you really not like me?” Eunbi thought that maybe she was starting to turn insane, she’s starting to have a thing for the younger girl’s actions, was that normal? She was brought back to reality when Chaeyeon’s frown was getting wider and was getting ready to stand and leave but Eunbi tugged her shirt, “I don’t hate you”.

 

Chaeyeon sighed in relief but took a glance at the older girl only to find her entire face turn different shades of red, she giggled at the older girl and relaxed her head on Eunbi’s shoulder.

 

Eunbi, on the other hand, stared at the younger girl who was starting to fall asleep, she could get used to this. The two of them together.

 

Alone in their own little world. 

*****

“Unnie you’re so whipped!”

 

Yena and Yujin were laughing as if they needed help as they ‘reenacted’ the story that their group leader had just told them. It’s been quite a while now since they started on the show, they were already in the position evaluation and Eunbi was on the same team as Chaeyeon again, but she happened to be on the same team as the two other tricksters who wasted no time in teasing their unnie, Eunbi was completely defenceless.

 

Suddenly, Chaeyeon came out of nowhere in a good mood, her eyes then lit up like candles when she saw the older girl and proceeded to run to her like a lost puppy that had just found its owner. “Unnie! I have an idea for the choreography”, and so the two dancers began to discuss but the red tinto the older girl’s cheeks was definitely detectable.

 

(Go) Yujin who noticed her unnie’s awkwardness, nudged the other Yujin, successfully getting the younger girl’s attention, “How about we help our gorgeous unnie out”. The other Yujin’s grin had widened as she also signalled Yena to come over.

 

Man they were going to have a lot of fun.

 

*****

 

“Yena!”

 

The woollim trainee scratched her head out of frustration, the younger girl had told her to meet up with her in the practice room, she was gonna give the girl a piece of her mind later if this was some kind of prank. Sighing, Eunbi was about to make her way back until the lights abruptly switched off and music started playing. The trainee gulped nervously, feeling a sense of foreboding.

 

Eunbi’s shoulders stiffened as the a light was pointed towards a person who started dancing to the music. She looked closer and oh god did Chaeyeon look good. Wait, that’s not what’s she supposed to be thinking, she slapped herself, hoping to bring herself away from this dream. Her heartbeat started to increase once she realised that everything was real.

 

Nonetheless, that did not stop her from gaping at the younger girl who was dancing right in front of her, the song choice was quite a powerful song which caused Chaeyeon to dance ily. Feeling like a statue, the older girl continued to watch the dancer and made no effort to move or run when Chaeyeon walked up to her and gently placed her hand on Eunbi’s face.

 

“Hey”

 

“H-hey”

 

Dammit, why did she have to stutter, that would make her seem weird right, Chaeyeon’s going to think that there’s definitely something wrong with her. Who the hell stutters when greeting someone, that’s what lovesick humans do. Wait.

 

Eunbi gave it a thought for a moment.

 

Was she really in love with someone who she met like 1 or 2 months ago, was she really in love with someone who was supposed to be her rival? Chaeyeon noticed that the older girl was deep in thought again so she took this chance to cup Eunbi’s face with her hands.

 

“Look at me”

 

The sudden rough tone in her voice made Eunbi's heart beat faster, was this girl trying to kill her. With everything that’s happened now, the girl thinks she has her answer.

 

Both girls didn’t know who started it but they were gradually getting closer and closer, they slowly  closed their eyes and...

 

“AND THEN THEY GOT MARRIED!”.

 

Eunbi and Chaeyeon both flinched at the interruption and turned their heads to the source of the voice only to find their other teammates by the side crouching. “Shhhhh, Yena unnie! You were supposed to say that after they kissed!”, the younger Yujin shoved the said girl in annoyance while the older Yujin facepalmed and sighed. Yena gasped in realisation, “Wait really?!?”.

 

“You guys”.

 

All three of them shuddered as they heard their leader’s voice, and that was a tone that they did not like. “You know what, I need to work on the choreography for our performance”, (Go) Yujin stated as she began to stand up, “Yeah and uh I’m going with her”, and with that the two Yujins immediately ran out of the room leaving the poor Choi Yena who started panicking. “WAIT FOR ME!”.

 

Now Eunbi and Chaeyeon were alone in the room after Yena had shut the door loudly when running away. The older girl pinched her nose and sighed, “Aishh, I swear, wait till I see them later”, the continued to think of possibilities on how to punish the three later until she felt a pair of arms wrap around her waist. She looked up but was unable to see Chaeyeon’s face, the younger girl had her face on Eunbi’s shoulders.

 

“I like you”

 

Chaeyeon raised her head and widened her eyes, not expecting the shorter girl to make a sudden confession, Eunbi could feel her cheeks heating up, what was she thinking. Confessing was pointless, she looked down, unable to meet the latter’s eyes.

 

However, Chaeyeon’s grip on her waist tightened which caused her to look up only to see the younger smiling happily at her.

 

“Took you long enough”

 

Before Eunbi even had the chance to reply, Chaeyeon leaned in and smashed their lips together, this was probably the 100th time that her heart beat was quickening.

 

Guess she’ll have to thank those idiots later.

 

 

Author's notes

Hey guys! Before I post any more chapters I just need to say that I'm a very slow writer so your requests could come after a reaaaaally long time (hehehe) but I reassure you that I am working on writing all your requests so don't hesitate to keep commenting a scenario for me to wirte. Also to make up for the slow updates, I actually try to make the story long so yeah there's that. Anyway I hope you enjoy this chapter, these two are actually my otp in the show <3