Hardest Decision

The Loneliest Person (Someone Like Me)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Twice dorm was completely empty except for the Japanese members by the end of breakfast. Momo, Sana, and Mina said their goodbyes to all of the other members, leaving only the three of them to spend Chuseok alone at the dorm. The Korean members had invited the Japanese members to celebrate Chuseok with them, but Momo, Sana, and Mina politely declined, not wanting to inconvenience the members' families during the holidays. The three of them always stayed at the dorm during Chuseok anyway, and this year was no exception.

Mina was looking forward to spending a relaxing day in bed. Twice was so busy with schedules up until the day before Chuseok that this was their first rest day in a long time. On top of that, Mina was feeling a bit odd at the moment. Today, more than ever, Mina was finding it difficult to resist Sana's charms. Perhaps it was because the other members were gone now, but Sana seemed to be giving her extra attention and extra affection today. Normally she enjoyed Sana's attention, but after that vivid dream this morning...

Mina shivered, thinking about the intimacy they had shared in her dream. She was curled up in bed at the moment, hugging her penguin plushie for comfort. Reluctantly, Mina allowed her heart to mull over the "what if" scenarios with Sana that her brain had tried to ignore the last few months.

The young girl closed her eyes and imagined Sana as her girlfriend. She imagined playful shopping dates where they would hold hands and try on clothes with each other, and cafe dates where they would feed each other desserts. She imagined them holding hands while watching movies in the living room together or sharing a kiss while looking up at the stars. She imagined taking cute pictures of Sana and smiling as she looked at them later. She imagined just sitting with Sana and talking to her, cherishing Sana's beautiful laugh. She imagined the freedom of simply letting her heart melt whenever Sana smiled at her.

If they started dating, Mina could finally stop feeling guilty for thinking about Sana this way and start embracing the feeling in her heart that was surely love.

Mina rolled over on her stomach and buried her face in her pillow. It was an impossible dream. Mina knew herself and she wasn't one to take chances. How would a coward like herself ever find the courage to confess to anyone, much less to someone out of her league like Sana? Even if she was certain that Sana felt the same way, would she be able to tell Sana how she felt? In her heart, Mina knew that the answer was no.

"Maybe some music would help calm me down," Mina murmured to herself, trying to distance herself from her current train of thought. She reached for her phone and flipped through her music. She settled on "Someone Like Me", a low, sultry Twice song that Mina liked to listen to when she was in a pensive mood like now. As the song began to play from her phone's speaker, the bedroom door opened and Sana walked in.

"Naega geudael eolmana manhi wonhaneunji? / Do you know how much I want you?" asked Mina's voice from the "Someone Like Me" recording.

Mina's heart leapt out of her chest when Sana, not missing a beat, asked her playfully, "No, how much do you want me?"

"More than I should," Mina thought to herself.

Tactfully ignoring the question, Mina sat up and patted an empty spot on her bed. Sana immediately climbed in next to Mina and threw her arms around Mina's neck in a hug. Sana rocked them back and forth to the song, and then she started to sing along, picking up from Jeongyeon's line.

"I sesange geu modeun susjarodo, nae maeumeun da pyohy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter