Softest Morning

The Loneliest Person (Someone Like Me)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina awoke to the feel of Sana's lips on her forehead. The dream that she was having melted away from the warm kiss, pulling Mina back to reality. She slowly blinked her eyes open and found Sana leaning over her with a smile more radiant than the early morning sunlight.

"Good morning, Mittang," Sana said affectionately, calling Mina by her Japanese nickname. The heavy use of aegyo in Sana's voice made the sleepy girl smile.

"Good morning, Sattang," Mina replied, sitting up in a daze. Faint traces of the dream still lingered in Mina's brain, making it difficult for her to get her bearings straight. "What were you doing just now?" Mina asked sleepily. Their affectionate greeting to each other was in Japanese, but everything else that followed was in Korean as usual. 

"Nothing, just waking you up," Sana replied in Korean, using her thumb to rub the damp spot her lips left on Mina's forehead. It was slowly become a daily ritual for Sana to wake Mina up with a forehead kiss. The only exception to the rule was on days with Twice schedules that had them waking up at different times or had Sana stuck in the hair and makeup chair for hours. But on a schedule-free day like today, Sana was free to wake up Mina whenever and however she chose.

"Tzuyu is almost ready to leave. I thought you might want to say goodbye."

"Eh?? Really?" Mina jumped out of bed, nearly knocking her head into Sana's from the haste.

Laughing, Sana held up a hand to slow down her friend. "I said she's almost ready to leave. You have time to wake up a little. Brush your teeth maybe?" Sana suggested with a smile.

Mina nodded with a yawn. Waking up seemed to be a bit of a challenge for her this morning. "Thanks Sana, I'll be out soon."

"By the way, what were you dreaming about?" Sana asked. "You had a really big smile on your face when I came in. I thought you were already awake for a moment."

"Did I? I don't remember," Mina murmured, trying to grasp onto fragments of the disappearing dream. She vaugely felt that Sana might have been in her dream, but she couldn't remember anything else. As she racked her brain for a clue, Sana reached toward her and began to nonchalantly comb her fingers through Mina's hair. The moment Sana's fingers accidentally grazed the back of her neck, Mina shivered as the contents of the dream came back in full force.

"Whoops, sorry," Sana apologized, feeling Mina jump as she touched the back of Mina's neck. "Did that tickle you?" The younger girl turned away quickly, hoping that Sana hadn't noticed the faint blush now coloring her cheeks. "Anyway," Sana continued as Mina tried to discretely calm herself down, "I'll tell Tzuyu to wait for you, so take your time and get cleaned up first."

When Mina finally turned back to Sana, the older girl was watching her with a warm expression. Her eyes were glittering affectionately in a way that Mina had never seen before and it gave her goosebumps. Mina gulped, suddenly nervous to be caught under such an intense gaze. Their eyes remain locked for just a moment mo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter