Four

Different

 

Four

-----------------------------------------

 

They were once again on the balcony admiring the city lights that stretched to an endless glimmer. Taeyong was seated on one of the benches, his head was propped on the heel of his palm looking significantly tired, noting that his eyes were half-lidded. He looked back for a brief moment to the venue, the gala was in full swing. They too were there a moment ago, being the audience's centre of interest as their elder announced the exciting news, their engagement. What an ideal way to get engaged, please note the sarcasm. Taeyong had to hold the urge to laugh at the scene in front of him, the cheering audience filled with the kiss- kind of people who he barely knew and don't get him started with the snob, who was there just for the sake of it. But knowing that he has him alongside made it a little less insufferable. 

"Can we get away from here?" Jaehyun smiled at the implication of 'we' in his words.

"Where do you wanna go?" He crouched down to be on his eye level, assessing him as a person would to a small child.

"Anywhere but here," Taeyong said focusing his eyes to the man before him. Bravely staring to his eyes, a thing he had yet to do until tonight. He had been too caught up with the idea of his father constantly interfering his life to notice this man, to notice that he was also on the same boat. This man also had a say in this and Taeyong had been selfish, he felt bad for only thinking about himself. 

"Come on, I'm taking you home." Jaehyun gently took Taeyong's hand from under his chin and slowly guided him to stand up, the smaller one looked up at him questioningly. 

"I know you are tired," Jaehyun smiled so tenderly while caressing his cheeks and Taeyong felt warm. No one ever worries over him or to be exact he never lets people show any affection towards him. But this man just shows it naturally, it was scary but Taeyong couldn't be happier.  

The two then walked side by side leaving the place through the hustle and bustle of the party. Not even bothering to announce their leave to their elders. 

"Leaving already?" The two turned their backs to the voice when they were waiting for the car from the valet. There stood another couple, the taller one having his partner close by the waist. 

"Aah, I see what you did there." Jaehyun quickly picked up the whole situation. 

"It was all him, I was just being a supportive boyfriend." The accused person, Ten, said with his hands up in the air.

"Couldn't help it, man. I hate slow burn romance. So, we're cool?" Johnny said goodnaturedly and offered his hand for a shake.

"Yeah, after I throw a hand or two." Jaehyun cracks his knuckles in a playful manner after welcoming the offered hand.

"No harming each other's boyfriend here." Ten interjected, quickly pulling his boyfriend back.

"Fiance." Jaehyun corrected.

"No need to brag, Jeez!" Johnny said earning a series of laughter. 

"You must be Taeyong." Ten said with a mischievous grin which earned a roll of the eyes from Taeyong before he went for a quick hug. 

"Wait, you two know each other already?!" Jaehyun said witnessing them being familiar around each other.

"To be fair, I didn't know it was him till earlier tonight."

"I don't know you are in town." Taeyong finally said facing the Thai male.

"Your giant cousin make me stay this time." Ten rolled his eyes with a playful smile. 

"Well that's great news, now I can trust you to keep him away from my office." Johnny was about to retort back when Jaehyun pulled Taeyong away from the frowning cousin.

"That's our car, we'll get going." Jaehyun guided Taeyong to the passenger seat before jogging to the other side of the car and slipped in himself then drove off leaving the place.

All through the ride, they were off to each other's mind. Mostly thinking about how things happened so quickly, how love was funny sometimes just like riding a car. Picking up someone along the way, roaming through the road either it was crowded or empty and it was up to their choice to stop or to pull over. Changing the passenger or waiting for another car. Waiting till the destination or even having accident midways. No one can guarantee you'll arrive safe and sound, all you can do was cherishing the journey. 

"We're here," Jaehyun said waking him from his trance.

"Would you like to come inside?" Taeyong offered, not wanting the night to end so soon. With a nod, Jaehyun agreed to the offer thinking the same thing. 

"You live alone here?" Jaehyun said examining the interior of the room as they walked inside. 

"Yeah, anything you'd like to drink?"

"Anything is fine." With that Taeyong disappeared to the back, leaving Jaehyun in the living room. Then appeared a few minutes later in a more comfy home attire and a cup of hot chocolate in hand. Putting it on the coffee table across the couch where Jaehyun was currently seated. He plopped down beside him, folding his feet underneath and making himself comfortable.

"I was wondering..." Jaehyun trailed off as he faced the man beside him.

"Hmm?" 

"Did that happen often?" Jaehyun slowly asked referring to the incident back in his office earlier that day, keeping a close eye to how he might react to it. Taeyong stared at him for a second before looking down to his lap. He slowly shook his head.

"No." Yes.

"You can tell me about anything, Tae. I'll be more than happy to listen." Jaehyun cupped his face and slowly tilted it upwards to face him, he obviously could see past the lie.

"Thank you." 

"Do you want to talk about it?" He comforts the smaller male with an encouraging smile

"I... I'm sorry." Taeyong shook his head, his face looking clearly uneasy.

"It's alright." Jaehyun smiled again while caressing his cheek softly. 

"It's just that... I don't really want to think about it. I just wanted to be happy right now."

"Then Jung Jaehyun will be at your service! What can I do in exchange for dampening your mood, good Sir?" Jaehyun suddenly said playfully with his hand raised in a salute. It successfully brought stifles of laughter from Taeyong.

"Stay," Taeyong said after his laughter died down. 

"Yes, Sir!" And with that, they spent the night huddled comfortably on the couch with blankets all over them and a movie playing on the TV which left unwatched as the smaller male was fast asleep and the other was too busy admiring him. 

 

 

...

 

 

The next morning a certain secretary, Doyoung, as usual started his day with coming to his boss' house. The routine was set in mind, preparing his morning coffee then proceeded to check on the home office. But something was quite different that day, as he was walking past the door his eyes caught something right in the open of the living room. His step halted, there he saw his boss snuggled comfortably on top of the chest of his newly announced fiance. The taller male had his arm securely wrapped around his waist and they looked so peaceful like that. Doyoung then slowly slipped back out with a fond smile on his face. He figured he'll just wait for his boss at the office.

 

 

...

 

 

 

Finally! You don't know how happy I am to finish this chapter :') and I apologize for the wait. I hope the fluff could make up for it *finger hearteu*

OH! Did you guys see the whole issue about our baby Taeyong? And this ex trainee guy who also spread false rumours. Please stay away from OUR TAEYONGIE you crusty as* hating b*tch. Pardon my french but *sighs* 

Anyways please do enjoy!

XOXO