Three

Different

 

Three

-----------------------------------------

 

Jaehyun stood near the huge glass window, looking at the city's skyline while cradling a glass of champagne. The place was starting to get crowded as the guests were arriving, but he couldn't care less as his mind was occupied. Different scenarios were playing in his head, he was still wondering who the person in Taeyong's office was. He was kinda upset too as he was directly rejected but that feeling was concealed by his worries for the smaller guy as he witness him breaking down.

"Hello there groom-to-be, why the long face?" Just from the voice, Jaehyun could picture the man grinning cheekily at him.

"Not now Ten, not now." Jaehyun said, almost groaning.

"What? I did nothing." Ten chuckled as he stood by his side.

"Your overall existence just put another ache to my head."

"Ugh, I know you love me." He sassed back.

"But really though, what is wrong with you these days? One moment you almost flipped when your parents tried to tie you down, then you were all smiles the next couple of days, now look at you folding your face in two. Does that arrangement affect you this much?" Ten added, he didn't get any respond other than a scowl. 

"Or... the other groom-to-be that got you all worked up like this? Wow, this is new, I like him already."

"Ten seriously just shut the hell up." Jaehyun almost growled.

"Oh come on Jae, tell me what happened." Jaehyun sighed, as much as he didn't want Ten to know and mocked him, he couldn't really hide things from him. So he told him everything only to witness his of a best friend laughing out loud at his misery.

"I can't believe this, the almighty Jung Jaehyun is being jealous. I should pay him my respect." Ten said when he finally regained his breath.

"Whatever." Jaehyun turned his back on him now facing the entrance of the hall and just like on cue, Taeyong and the tall guy walked in with the latter's hand on the small of his back. Jaehyun quirked an eyebrow to the gesture as he watches intently as the tall guy proceeded to whispered thing to the small one's ear. 

"Wha-" Ten who was about to poke fun on him suddenly silenced as he followed where Jaehyun was looking.

"Now I see why you were so worked up." But his words were getting ignored as Jaehyun walked directly towards Taeyong's direction without thinking.

 

  -----------------------------------------

 

"- I learned it the hard way years ago, not to get my hopes up too high. I know not to expect anything from my father but, when it happens I can't help feel hurt all over again." Taeyong said, seating on the passanger seat in Johnny's car on their way to the venue. Johnny was always someone he could rely on, if not the only one. Taeyong was raised with so many expectations thrown at him, he had to be the best in everything or he would be judged as a failure. As time goes by he grown to be someone so uptight. He didn't have the previlege to had friends. He pictures people who were trying to be close to him was seking for some benefits only or just for the sake of his name, Lee Taeyong, the sole heir of Lee Corp.

Johnny could only stare sympathetically to his beloved cousin, he dearly wished for his happiness, anything that could erase his pain and make him able to see the brighter side of the world again. Anything that could make him realised that he is loved.

"Come on, we're here," Johnny said as he ruffled Taeyong's hair.

They got out of the vehicle and went straight to the entrance after giving the key to the valet person. Johnny felt bad as he could sense Taeyong went rigid as they were approaching the designated place. He slipped his hand to the small of his back, comforting and reminding him that he was there for him. Taeyong unconsciously grasped a small amount of fabric from the edge of Johnny's suit, just like what he used to do when he was little if he was scared or nervous.

"It's alright, I'm here." Johnny leaned down and whispered. Taeyong only responded with a small nod, He was sporting a flat expression but he was actually fighting the chaos inside.

"Taeyong." A firm voice came from behind them, there was an edge to the tone and it doesn't sound too pleasant. They turned around to a tall young man, who stared pointedly towards Johnny.

"Jaehyun, uh... um I didn't get the chance to introduce you, this is my-"

"I'm Johnny Seo from Seo Holdings." Johnny was quick to interject and offered his hand. Taeyong turned towards him as he gave him a confused look.

"Jaehyun." He said shortly, shaking the offered hand firmly.

"I belive you are with my date of the night." Jaehyun added slightly challenging.

"Really? I didn't know, I think he made it clear he wanted to come here with me." Johnny said with a litle chuckle, not the type to back down. Taeyong who were in the middle were quite baffled. 

"Excuse me, but I'm the fiance here. They will announce it anytime soon." Taeyong stood there not certain on what to feel to that.

"So what? It's arranged anyway. You only know him like, what, two days?" 

"John-" There goes Taeyong's attempt to interfere as he was interjected by Johnny.

"It's true right, yongie baby?" Johnny turned towards Taeyong and to complete his act he cupped his jaw and caressed his cheek tenderly. Jaehyun was fuming as he watched the scene unfold. He couldn't take it any longer and pulled Taeyong towards him then lead him away from Johnny.

"Having fun?" Another voice was heard as the person joined him by his side, both watching the two retreating figure from their spot.

"Am I going too far?" 

"It's either Jaehyun is a complete moron or whipped as hell." Ten scoffed, but actually quite amused.

"Exactly." Johnny chuckled, pulling the smaller one closer before leaving a light peck on his temple.

 

-----------------------------------------

 

Jaehyun had his hand around Taeyong's wrist pulling him outside towards the balcony but still mindful not to hurt him. As they were finally outside with more space to themselves, Jaehyun pulled Taeyong towards his chest and wrapped his arms around him possessively. Taeyong went noticably stiff inside his embrace but gradually relaxed as he listened to the drumming heartbeat.

"What did you do to me?" Jaehyun whispered faintly but loud enough for Taeyong to hear. 

"You are mine, Lee Taeyong. Mine." Jaehyun finally said after a moment of silence being in each other's warmth, he said it firmly and confidently. This time it was Taeyong who had the same question inside his head, he didn't know what he did but it just felt right at the moment being in his embrace, being with him. He didn't know what he did to make him nod his head and snuggle closer hiding his face to the crook of his neck.

 

-----------------------------------------