Wrong Number

Let Fate Decide
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  Minseok found himself waking up to something his fingers. Funny. He doesn't recall Chanyeol or Suho owning a pet. Slowly, he opened his eyes and was greeted by a snout and tongue that his face. "Ugh!" He screeched and threw himself back, in which he immediately regretted since his head throbbed. Minseok sat up while pressing hand to his head and looked around. The couch he laid on was exactly the same as his friends, but the rest of the place was unfamiliar. There were no pizza boxes or left over trash scattered over the coffee table or on the floor. The TV was mounted unlike at Chanyeol and Suho's place where they had it on a TV stand. The kitchen was neatly organized with a few small plants at the bar table. His eyes landed on the dog. It was a golden retriever which clearly wasn't allowed at the complex due to its size, but here it was. "Where am I?" He turned around where the rooms would be and found someone standing by the couch. Minseok jumped. Apparently, he had been standing at his blindspot this whole time.

  The man was tall and handsome with dark hair and eyes. A dimple formed as the man pressed his lips together. Upon further inspection, Minseok knew he was certainly not Korean.

  The man crossed his arms over his chest as he carried a cell phone in his hand. "I was about to call the cops on you, but since Michi wasn't barking, I assume you're not so dangerous." Even his voice was deep.

  Minseok gulped. He was totally his type, but he needed to refrain from flirting at a moment like this. He had to figure out how he ended up here. Right. Last night he got drunk, so Jiyeon had to take him to Chanyeol and Suho's apartment, but something went wrong between them leaving the restaurant and him ending up here. "Uhm. Sorry, I was so drunk. I didn't know where I was going, and somehow I ended up here." His head was throbbing from the hangover.

  The man pursued his lips and dropped his hands to a more relaxed position. "Yeah. I can smell the alcohol from your breath." He sighed and muttered to himself, "I told Jongdae to lock the door when he got home, but once again, he didn't do it." Then, his attention turned to Minseok. "You want some water? I can also cook something for the hangover."

  "Oh. Water is fine. I don't want to be a burden. After all, I did crash here by accident."

  "Don't worry about it. I have to make breakfast anyways." He made his way to the kitchen in which his dog, Michi, followed closely behind. "I'm Yixing by the way but you can call me Lay."

  "Like the chip brand?" Just as he said those words, he immediately regretted it. He mentally slapped himself. Was that really all he could say?

  To his surprise, Lay wasn't offended and simply laughed it off. "Yeah. Like the chip brand."

  "I didn't mean to say that."

  "It's fine. I get it almost all the time, so I'm used to it." He paused and grabbed a pan. "You know any normal person would at least exchange their name after being introduced."

  "Oh, right. My name is Minseok. Uhm. I actually don't live in this apartment complex. I was supposed to stay with my friends, but I guess I told the person who was taking care of me the wrong room number and ended up here."

  Lay cracked a few eggs. "You mean that girl who was basically carrying you over her back. Yeah, I saw. I was heading to my room after putting food into Michi's bowl and saw her throw you on the couch. If she's your girlfriend, I would call her and apologize. She looked really upset."

  "She's not my girlfriend." Minseok the couch so he could see what Lay was doing. He blushed. Since Lay was wearing a muscle tee, he could clearly see the muscles on his arm as he opened the fridge to pull out a bottle filled with filtered water.

  "No?" He poured a glass for Minseok and came over to hand it to him.

  "Thanks. She's just someone my friends hooked me up for a blind date." Minseok suddenly felt shy. Why did this stranger had to be so attractive? It really felt like Minseok was in a drama, but his ending was not so certain. He took a huge gulp and nearly choke when Michi climbed on top of him. The remaining water spilled all over his shirt and bit on his pants.

  "Michi!" Lay scolded.

  Michi gave Minseok one last kiss on the arm before jumping back down.

  "Sorry. That's usually Michi's spot, so sometimes she just jumps there with no warning."

  "It's fine." Minseok froze when he noticed Lay staring at his clothes.

  "What is all this noise?" A different voice came from behind and broke Minseok's trance.

  "Oh! Jongdae. You're awake."

  Minseok turned and saw another handsome guy standing in front of the other bedroom door. His cheeks flushed when he realized the roommate wasn't wearing a shirt. He mentally slapped himself. Everything was certainly like he was part of a drama, but he wasn't so sure how he felt. For all he knew, they could be completely straight.

  They made eye contact. Minseok looked away.

  "Who's that?" Jongdae asked.

  Lay went around the couch towards Jongdae with a smile on his face. The moment he stood in front of him, he smacked him on the shoulder. "How many times do I have to tell you to lock the door behind you when you come back?"

  Jongdae rubbed his shoulder. "Sorry, I just forgot."

  Lay raised his hands and shook his head. "Whatever. I'm cooking. I hope you don't mind eggs and rice."

  "Fine by me."

  Minseok watched as the shirtless Jongdae walked towards Michi and petted her.

  "Sorry for intruding."

  Jongdae didn't look at him and said nothing.

  "Alright," Minseok muttered. He reached into his pocket but couldn't find where his keys, phone, and wallet were. Did someone steal them? No, he clearly remembered paying and stuffing his things back into his pocket. His eyes darted everywhere and found his things on the bar table.

  Lay noticed. "Yeah, your things are right there. I was just making sure you weren't some serial killer and checked your ID."

  So, in reality, he knew Minseok's name. He just didn't tell him.

  "As long as everything is there." He took note that there were two phones next to each other.

  "I may have taken a few bills or so."

  "What?"

  "Kidding," Lay teased and continued making breakfast.

  "Your jokes aren't that funny," Jongdae stated while coming up to Lay to look over his shoulder. "Make sure you make one sunny-side up for me. I'm not a big fan of scramble eggs." 

  From where Minseok was, they looked like a couple. After all, Jongdae did stand really close to Lay as he said those words. Minseok internally fangirled. Could he possibly be witnessing some bromance right in front of him? Sure, Chanyeol and Suho had their moments, but this was different. One was the happy-go-lucky guy who always knew how to cheer the other up while one was the grumpy guy who only smiles for one person. Minseok smiled to himself.

  Jongdae caugh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter