Chapter 5 - Flashback Pt. II

Complicated Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sooyoung hurriedly went to the labour room after she received a call from the nurse as Joohyun request.

As she enter the room, one of the nurse approached her. "Are you Park Sooyoung? " the nurse asked. She was still out of breath after a long run, just nodded and still trying to catch her breath.

"Can I ask what is your relationship with her? We need to inform that she can't giving birth normally since she wasn't fit for it. So we need to make a consent for her because she need to do the Emergency Caesarean delivery to save the baby." she explained.

"Can I sign the consent? I'm her friend. " she said as she looking at the nurse desperately. Sadly, the nurse shook off her head and looks at her pitifully.

"I'm sorry but this need to be sign by her parent or her relatives. Can you call her parents?" the nurse ask again.

 

Sooyoung POV

 

Damn, how can I call her parents when her parents are in heaven already. !

"I'm sorry but she is an orphan" 

"So where is her guardian? "

"I'm her guardian? "

"Miss, I'm being serious. She need it fast or else the mother and the baby will die."

"I'm being serious too. I'm her guardian. I found her on the streets alone when she was running away from orphanage." I state the fact to when we first meet. The nurse take a deep breath before she speak again.

"Then, can you call her husband? "

I widen my eyes and bits my lip as I think hard of what I should tell her next.

"Miss? Can you call her husband? This is serious matter." she was getting more impatient.

"I'm sorry but the truth is I'm her wife. I told you, I'm her guardian and also her wife!"

Now, the nurse looks at me in disbelief. I don't know why it was so hard. Can they just do the delivery fast and smooth without asking lot of question and need to sign this and that. Ugh! This make me go insane!

I began to hold her hand and begged her. "Please nurse. Let me sign this consent. I will take the responsible if anything ever happen to her and the baby. Besides, she is.. " I paused for a sec before I continue, "my wife" ugh, this is so awkward but I have to pretend for Joohyunnie. I look at the nurse, pleading her to agree with me.

"Okay, whatever happen to her and the baby, you have to take the responsibility. Please sign here. " she handed me the consent and explained to me about the surgery. I don't have much times to listen to this crap so I just sign it and pass it to her.

After a few hours gone, the doctor came out from the operation room and approaching me. I quickly stand up, mix feelings inside me. The feeling of worried, nervous and excited was all over inside and at the outside, I keep myself strong enough to hear the news from the doctor. Whether it was a bad or good news.

"Are you Bae Joohyun's guardian? " the doctor asked.

"Yes, I am. How is she doctor? Did the surgery went well? "

"Yes. It went well. But the baby.. "

"What happen to the baby? "

"The baby is safe but she is underweight. Her born weight was only 1.5kg which is extreme underweight born baby. She need to stay here for a while under our care. We can't let her discharge until she have gaine

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter