Park Jimin & Epilogue

BTS Mafia Scenario
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘’Jimin…You need to stop following me.’’ You said, turning on your heel, away from me. It didn’t matter that I didn’t know where we were…didn’t matter that the others on the street seemed to be ignoring our fight and the tears in your eyes.

‘’Wait…please…I can explain…I didn’t kill anyone!’’ I screamed, my voice falling to deaf ears as you continued to walk ahead. ‘’I didn’t…I was framed…please don’t do this!’’ the power it took to plead for my innocence drained me of my strength, it didn’t take long for my knees to give way, allowing my body to fall into a heap on the ground. You had felt the pain coursing through my veins before I had, and I could faintly outline your visage as it ran towards me in worry.

‘’Jimin…oh god…what do you want me to do? I don’t know what happened…but he…he was my brother Jimin and now he’s dead.’’ You said, whispering. The people around us continued on with their lives, paying no heed to us or the world around them.

I mustered all of the courage in my soul and attempted to bring a hand to your face, but I couldn’t touch you. As much as I tried, my fingertips could no longer feel your skin against their own. It was if you weren’t there, crying as you knelt down beside me. ‘’I didn’t kill him…it wasn’t me…please understand…your brothers friends, they were all involved. I was the only one there once they’d left. I saw them do it…please listen to me…’’

After what felt like forever, you leaned forward to cup my cheeks. The touch warm against my cold face, sending waves of comfort into my being. ‘’I know Jimin…I know it wasn’t you…but we can’t be with each other. I can’t be with you. I need to leave Jimin. I need to go. You’ll be fine without me. You’ll learn to love someone else.’’ In that instance, your touch grew cold, hands withdrawing themselves from me. I saw you stand, brushing off the dirt from your dress, but my legs refused to move. They refused to let me stop you.

‘’Wait! Please!’’ I screamed, thrashing around in the invisible confine. I could see you take steps backwards, steps away from me. But there was nothing I could do. Nothing I could do but reach out for your vanishing form. ‘’Don’t go!’’

‘’Jimin! Jimin! Are you okay?’’ You said, your voice laced with worry as you clenched my arm. Reaching out to my head, your fingers pushed against my dishevelled hair and I leaned towards your touch. ‘’Did you have a bad dream?’’

It was a dream. Just an awful dream.

I nodded in response and proceeded to wrap my arms around you. Your smell, the same as it was all those years ago, seeped through the shirt you were wearing- baby blue stripes covering the beauty I had seen not many hours ago. I breathed a sigh of relief as you patted my back with love, the care and affection calming my racing heart.

‘’Do you want to tell me what it was about?’’ you asked, not once halting your actions.

‘’It…it was from all those years ago. From when I had left you. Except this time, you were leaving because you thought I had killed your brother…that’s what everyone thought. I didn’t kill anyone. I swear…I am not a killer.’’ I said.

You held me tighter in your embrace and I tucked myself further into your frame. ‘’Shu...Shush…I know you didn’t kill him.’’

The moonlight filtered in through the gap between the curtains and I found myself staring at our reflection in the mirror. Placed in the corner of the room, it showed my larger body completely surrendered to your smaller one and I smiled at the serenity it brought to my heart.

‘’My brother died because he was the leader of a drug ring. He stuck by friends that never supported him and abandoned family that loved him so dearly. Even if he were my brother, he did things he shouldn’t have done. You don’t need to blame yourself for being there when it happened. You didn’t know any better.’’

I pulled away from you in order to study your face, to understand why you were so forgiving. I should’ve reported the crime, called for the police. Instead I ran away, to Bangtan and my brothers. I didn’t know what to do. I didn’t know how to face you. How was I tell you that I had witnessed your brother be tortured to pieces yet I didn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter