Four

My Way
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Junhui feels cold as soon as he wake up the next morning, but it’s hot every time he blinks and his nosetrils are both stuffed. He sighs, weakly getting up and leans his back on the headboard of his bed. After a few moments, he decides to cook some instant noodles and a cup of hot tea for breakfast. He doesn’t really know which medicine he has to take when he’s sick, which Seungkwan would nag about a lot, so as soon as he finishes his meal, Junhui heads back to the bed and rolls himself inside the blanket after switching the heater on. He reaches for his phone which is located on the table side and checks the messages his friends left, when he finds nothing important Junhui shut his eyes and slowly drifts off to get some more sleep. Hoping to get better once he wake up.

 

 

But unfortunely, Junhui isn’t so lucky that day. His eyes flutters open but instead of feeling better, Junhui feels worse, his head feels heavier.

 

I can’t die here, Junhui thinks.

 

 

He glances at the clock on the wall which shows 3.20 PM and immediately gets up, putting on his hoodie and takes the car key. As he exits his room, Junhui walks around looking for his fluffy son only to find him laying under the kitchen table.

 

“Mariooo, you’re coming with me today, okay?” Junhui holds the cat up and places him into the carrier.

 

 

They heads to the basement and once they reach the car, Junhui opens the passenger seat and put the pet there then jogs to the other side, slipping into the driver seat. He quickly starts the engine and drives fast yet carefully because he thinks he can’t get his lovely cat into some dangerous state.

 

 

Junhui holds the pet carrier in one hand as he uses his other hand to knock on the door. After a few times knocking, the door finally swing opens revealing a standing Seungkwan with a towel on his wet hair. The younger opens the door wider, letting him to enter the house.

 

“Woaaah, you bring Mario here” Seungkwan snatches the carrier from his hand which Junhui’s thankful for, “Mario, hi, long time no see”

 

 

“Seungkwan, I think I’m sick, what should I do?” Junhui turns to look at the younger only to see him already carrying the grey coloured Russian Blue in his arms.

 

 

“Junhui hyung how can you always get sick so easily” Seungkwan whines and motions to the older to follow him towards the kitchen. “Catch a cold again? Got caught in the rain again?”

 

 

“Yeah” Junhui answers. He takes a seat on one of the chair and watches the younger putting the cat down and washes his hands to prepare the food for him.

 

 

“How many times do I have to tell you take some vitamins?” Seungkwan starts nagging at him but Junhui never gets offended by it even though Seungkwan is younger than him, he loves it instead. “Here, eat this and then just rest in my room,” Seungkwan put the bowl in front of him and takes a seat across him. “Anyway, Minghao’s coming over, we’re gonna work on some group project along with Mingyu and Seokmin”

 

 

Junhui’s head snaps at the mention of Minghao’s name, “Really? When?”

 

 

“They should be here any time soon since they’re already on the way” Seungkwan gets up to get a glass of water for the older and sitting back right after.

 

 

“Don’t tell him that I’m here then”

 

 

Seungkwan’s quirks an eyebrow, “Why though?”

 

 

“Just… I don’t want him to get pressured by my presence”

 

 

“I thought you’re gonna join us”

 

 

“Not in this state Seungkwan, I’m ugly when I’m sick” Junhui lightly shakes his head.and Seungkwan laughs at his words. “Anyway, where’s Seungcheol hyung?”

 

 

“Oh right I forgot to tell you that Jeonghan’s hyung is here, they’re in Seungcheol hyung’s room”

 

 

“Really? Glad to hear that, someone will take care of me while you’re with your friends” Junhui chuckles and shoves the last spoon of his meal then gulping down the whole water.

 

 

“Do you want some medicine now? Or later?” Seungkwan collects the bowl and the cup and puts it in the sink.

 

 

“Later, I can ask Jeonghan hyung for that” Junhui gets up as well and puts his arms around Seungkwan to give him a hug. “Thank you so much, my favorite little brother, Hansol’s so lucky to have you”

 

 

Seungkwan returns the hug and they continues to walk toward Seungcheol’s room still hugging. “Never mind, that title which given to me for years will change to someone else anyway”

 

 

“Nooo, Seungkwan will be my favorite forever”

 

 

“Weally? Minghao won’t take it from me? ” the younger boy pulls himself away and looks up into his eyes with the puppy eyes.

 

 

“Never” Junhui chuckles at his cuteness and reach for the doorknob and opens to the door. The two older boys inside the room immediately turns their head at them.

 

 

“Wen Junhuiii” Jeonghan gets up from the bed and gives him a hug.

 

 

“Long time no see, Jeonghan hyung” Junhui put his hand around Jeonghan’s waist as the three of them walks together towards the bed where Seungcheol’s body sprawling everywhere. Junhui joins to lay beside him while Jeonghan and Seungkwan sits on the edge.

 

 

“You get thinnier every time I see you, do you even eat properly?” Jeonghan runs his fingers on Junhui’s hair, just his way of showing affection to one of his son. “Are you sick?”

 

 

“I think he gets fever” Seungkwan responds.

 

 

Jeonghan put his palm on Junhui’s forehead and his his face turns to look concerned. “Junhui, have you take any medicine?” he asks and Junhui shakes his head as his answer.

 

 

“Dude, just move in here already so that we can take care of you way easier” Seungcheol finally speaks his mind up

 

 

“I probably just need some rest, hyung, don’t worry”

 

 

Jeonghan tells to lay on his abdomen to give him a relaxing massage which him very thankful for, but he can’t bring himself to sleep anymore, probably he had been sleeping a lot earlier. Junhui stays in the room along with Seungcheol and Jeonghan for a few more hours, while Seungkwan has gone out in the living room to work with his frends. Suddenly the calling of nature comes. He needs to pee and there’s no bathroom in Seungcheol’s room but it’s located just next to the room.

 

 

Junhui heads towards the door, opening it just enough to peek outside. When he sees all the four of them are focusing on their task, Junhui tips on his toes and walks quietly yet quickly slipping himself into the bathroom. After doing his business, Junhui sighs as he looks into the mirror. Seeing his own reflection, his face looks more pale and the eyebags seems darker than usual. After giving a quick wash to his face, Junhui finally opens the door to get out from there.

 

 

Just right when his hand touches the doorknob of Seungcheol’s room—

“Junhui hyung!”

 

 

Junhui freezes. Then slowly turning his head to the voice direction. There, the four boys are all standing, Junhui assumes that they’re done and was about to go home, and they’re looking at his direction as if waiting for some response. Junhui’s sure that Mingyu was the one who called him because the tall boy keeps waving at him.

 

 

“Oh, hi guys” Junhui flashes an awkward smile and waves at them. Junhui looks at Minghao and he can see the surprised look on his face.

 

 

“Hyung, didn’t know that you’re here” Seokmin chimes in as Junhui walks towards them. “We’re about to leave now”

 

 

“Yeah, I was in Seungcheol’s hyung room with Jeonghan hyung too” Junhui scratches the back of his head.

 

 

“Mingyu and Seokmin wants to do some grocery shopping first but Minghao wants to go home right away, we’re worried if he go alone. Are you feeling better now? Can you give Minghao a ride home?” Seungkwan suddenly asks, making four pair of eyes looking at him, again, waiting for his answer.

 

 

“Sure, no problem” Junhui nods.

 

 

“But that means you will have a long U-turn since you guys live in the opposite direction, is it okay?” Seungkwan innocently asks again

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter