Three

My Way
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minghao kicks his sneakers off, reaching to turn the lights on as he walks over the counter in the kitchen and put the two plastic bags he’s holding there. He takes a glass of water and sighs. It has been two days since Junhui contacted him and last seen him which ended pretty embarrassing.. He never pops out in the campus too, which is kinda weird for Minghao. Does he miss him? No. Minghao shakes his head. It’s just weird, okay, that’s it.

 

 

 

He decides to take a shower as he’s thinking where to go in this cold Friday night as he has no task waiting for him to finish. Seungkwan said he’s gonna go out with Hansol, Seokmin’s going to sleep over at Soonyoung’s, and Mingyu said he’s currently fighting with Wonwoo so here you are Xu Minghao being a lonely potato. Slipping on his rose quartz sweatshirt and black skinny jeans, then a round framed glasses to complete his appearance. He thinks he’d just go to Starbucks and chill there enjoying the view of some couple’s public display of affection or eavesdropping a group of girls gossiping about what’s in trend right now.

 

 

 

Minghao’s in the bus when his phone vibrates on his pocket, he reaches for it only to read Wen Junhui is calling. It surprises him, since they’ve never talk by phone before. Minghao let it rings for a few more seconds before clearing his throat and pick up the call.

 

“Hello”

 

 

“Haohao, where are you?” Junhui asks, and Minghao looks down hiding his blushing face at the nickname as if Junhui can see him.

 

 

“I’m on the way, in the bus”

 

 

“You’re going out? To where? With who?”

 

 

“To some random pub with a rich CEO”

 

 

“Xu Minghao that’s not funny” Junhui’s voice turns serious that Minghao’s having goosebump on his right arm. “I was about to ask you going somewhere to save you from the lonely night you’re going through, but if you already have plan then it’s fine”

 

 

 

Minghao hisses at his insult before answering, “Say one who’s going through a lonely night himself,” he ponders for a few moments about should he tell him where he’s going or not. “I’m just gonna chill in Starbucks near the campus anyway”

 

 

“Alone?” Junhui asks again and the younger just hum at it. “Okay, I’m on my way, I’ll have one tall green tea latte, cold please”

 

 

Minghao holds back a smile, “Do I even give you the permission to come?”

 

 

“Umm, then you don’t have to order it for me. I’ll just come there as an ordinary customer who will sit in the same table as you” Junhui says and Minghao slaps himself for laughing at that, he really tries to hold back, for real.

 

 

“Such a shameless customer,” Minghao answers and realizes the bus he’s riding is slowing down, “Hey, I’m hanging up, gonna get off the bus”

 

 

“Sure, be careful, take care” the call ends.

 

 

 

Minghao pushes the glassed door open and the sharp smell of coffee quickly fill up his nostrils. After getting his orders (and Junhui’s) Minghao heads towards the table in the corner just next to the glassed wall. He loves to look at how busy the world is, especially at night where the sky is dark but the stars make it beautiful. Thinking about Junhui, he doesn’t know why people with such godly handsome face tries to get to know him. Minghao may or may not has likes him back, his heart would beat faster every time Junhui did something to him, he found Junhui’s stupid jokes funny, he likes it when Junhui plays along with his sassiness. But he’s still not sure at the same time, fearing that it may just a momentarily things.

 

 

 

Minghao doesn’t know for how long he’s too absorbed in his own world, till something cold touched his right cheek which makes him flinch. He looks up to see someone who’s running in his mind for days sticking his cup of drink to his cheek. Junhui with his stupid act. He holds back a smile that begging to be shown as he sees the older takes a seat beside him.

 

 

 

“Like what you see?” Junhui says, and Minghao throw a punch at his own face because Junhui just caught him staring.

 

 

“Ew, so narcissitic”

 

 

“I was stunned too when I saw you, without the campus style like this, you look hundred times cuter” Junhui can’t help but ruffles at the younger’s hair, “and I’m sorry that I was gone for days without telling you beforehand, the workload is crazy and I just had the mood, you know that mood when you want to do your task so you gotta do it before it change. When I do that, I always stay up late and don’t really touch my phone, that’s why”

 

 

Minghao bites his lower lips, he’s never the type to show what he feels by asking or talking because he’s shy in his whole life so he insidely thanks Junhui for telling him that without being asked.

 

 

“And why don’t you repay the sleep time you lost?”

 

 

“I usually like that, but not for this time” Junhui lightly shakes his head, “I prefer to just spend my time with you, that’s why when I finally finished everything I immediately call you”

 

 

“Why?” Minghao turns to face him.

 

 

“Because… you’re important” Junhui responds casually, “and I missed you”

 

Good, now Minghao’s choking on his drink and can’t stop coughing. Junhui sends him a worried look as he pats the younger’s back, soothingly. Minghao waves his hand as if saying that he’s fine.

 

 

“You really need to stop saying anything dangerous when I’m drinking” Minghao gives a punch on Junhui’s shoulder, making the older coo at him.

 

 

“But don’t you missed me too?”

 

 

Yeah, kinda, Minghao thinks and it comes out as, “in your dream”

 

 

“Why are you always alone? It’s not that I don’t like it to be with you like this, but you do have some friends”

 

 

“And they have boyfriends” Minghao answers fast.

 

 

“Didn’t they ask you to go along?”

 

 

“They d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter