[ Chapter 1 ] Bullet

Black Bullet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"He's so cute!"

Bang! One bullet.

"I wonder if he has a girlfriend."

Bang! Another bullet.

"Would he say yes if I asked him out?"

Bang! The third bullet.

 

I gave Taeyeon a small smile as she sighed dreamily and stared at her crush as the invisible bullets pierced my body like rain. I was your normal school girl with average looks and average grade. What wasn't normal was that I was deeply in love with my best friend, who was in love with another man. It had been like this for years, Taeyeon admiring the school's most popular boy Baekhyun...and me admiring Taeyeon from behind. 

"Would he say yes if I ask him to the firework festival?" Taeyeon mumbled. 

I felt my heart get pierced with the fourth bullet as she asked me this question. The firework festival was an event for families and couples. To her, she didn't have a filter and usually says whatever come to mind, but everything that I reply with has to go through a thorough procedure before I finally let it out of my mouth. The things I say must keep her happy, even if it doesn't make me happy.

"I'm sure he would, just ask him." I answered. 

Shut up, what are you saying?

"Ha, I'm sure other girls have asked him out." She puffed her cheeks. "What should I do Yui?! I'm seriously about to go crazy!"

"Just ask him." I insisted, knowing that if I don't persuade her to ask him, she will get mad at me and complain why I didn't hype her to ask him. 

"Okay! Get a hold of yourself Kim Taeyeon!" She slapped her cheeks lightly as she stood up and made her way to Baekhyun. 

I sighed and rested my head onto the desk, not wanting to witness it and indulge myself into the calming music my MP3 player provides. It was my only way to keep sane. Closing my eyes, I imagined how it would be like it it was a norm for the same gender to like each other. How different would that be? Taeyeon I could fall in love without feeling ashamed. We could get married and adopt children of our own. 

"Yui!" I jerked my head up and stared at Taeyeon. "He said yes!"

I gave another fake smile. "Good job Taeyeon-ah.."

She suddenly pouted and I felt my heart clench. "Wae? Why are you not excited?"

I laughed softly. "Sorry, I am. I'm just tired now, exam stress you know?"

She nodded and bought the lie. Taeyeon sat down next to me and pulled out one earbud, putting it into her ear. 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter