Chapter 2

The Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jessica is furrows her temple hearing how ridiculous the pilot sound. And why these people ridiculously laughing at her-not-so-really-joke speech? Wait! It's a she? The pilot is a woman? God! Please don't make her die today.

“Well, you’ll fly this service direct to the beautiful sunny island of Palma de Majorca, ooppsss, my bad again, we will not be landing into that beautiful island, but we will surely be landing to Los Angeles International Airport in approximately 45 minutes.”

Again, the passenger is clapping over the pilot speaking.

 

Should she give a formal normal speech? Why do she need to talk like that?

 

“Luckily for you, I’m not doing anymore driving this evening. I’ve done my flying for the day, it wasn’t pretty, so I’m going to refrain from that for the rest of the evening. I’m going to hand the reins over to the beautiful lady here herself, my colleague on my right-hand side, her name is Miss Sooyoung ... (whisper voice again), I’m so sorry, she’s taken.

 

And Jessica swear she rolled her eyes up when she hears all the passenger is unison-ly awwww to the pilot in disappointing murmur.

 

“She’s just been telling me actually she yet had a bad landing in her entire career so lots to look forward to. I trust my girl. Anyway, ladies and gentlemen, you are not here because you need to get to the LA. You are here because you’ve done your research and you love to hear my lovely voice again in this lovely flight; we pride ourselves on employing some of the very finest cabin crew this industry has to offer and I’ll sure we’ll be seeing each other again.”

 

Seriously, this pilot should check herself in the mirror.

 

“And finally, please don’t crawling over any others passenger arm. We don’t want anyone to suffer a bleed arm, right? I will ask our lovely co-pilot here to gently landing this giant plane so you guys will be safely arriving in no time. I’m you captain speaking, the lovely Kwon Yuri, signing off for today, and I wish you all a very great day ahead. Thank you, people.”

 

With that all the passenger is clapping crazy over their head like having a greatest graduation celebration day of the year. She slumps her body to her seat while hearing the last speech of that pilot.

 

How could she possibly know that? That’s it! I’m not gonna fly again!

 

 

Los Angeles Intl Airport (LAX)

CA, USA

 

 

At last, safely landing. She was about to kiss the ground when she’s is safely out from that plane.

 

The beautiful blue brown eyes stranger is nowhere to be seen so she has no idea where she's gone actually. It's a new place in a big country, who know she might bump into her again.

 

She then drags herself thru the arrival hall and try to search for her aunt as Jackson said, she will be taking her once she's landed. Then suddenly she heard her name been calling.

 

"Jessica! Jessica!! Over here!"

 

Just not far from her standing, there was her cousin, Nicole waving both of her hand, gesture her come to close.

 

Jessica come closer to the girl and hug her tightly. Like two long best friends. Nicole didn't say anything but hug the latter back. She knows that girl need it.

 

It's been a long time since they saw each other. The last time she saw Jessica was during her uncle funeral. They become close after that even only with speaking thru phone or video call.

 

Her mother said this is the perfect time they should help both Jessica and Krystal. Even she didn't know how but she's willing to help this girl and her sister out from the mess.

 

Jessica then let go of her hug. Looking at Nicole with a tired eye.

 

"Long flight, isn't it? Come, we should get going.", Nicole drag one of the luggage and they start walking out from that place.

 

"I thought your mom will come."

"No, she's got something she need to take care off. I don't have anything to do at home either so I promise her, I'll fetch you."

"Thank you, Cole."

"Shall we go now?"

"Can we eat first? I'm starving."

"Come. We get something to eat along the way home later."

 

After some driving, they stop at the nearest coffee shop beside the highway. It just 10 minutes away from Nicole house, so they can still pretty much eat there before going home. While Nicole ordering the food, Jessica call Krystal informing her that she just arrived in LA. They talk until the first drinks come and she ended her call and look back at Nicole.

 

"I cut someone arm in the flight"

"You what?"

"You heard me. I cut someone arm in the flight, and it's bleeding."

"It's bleeding? My God Jessica."

"I can't help it. I thought I was holding the seat. You know I hate to fly. I might die during takeoff."

"So, before you die, you just need to make someone bleed, don't you? Wow. Just wow..."

"It's sound so wrong when you're put it that way."

"So, do you get his name?"

"I didn't get HER name."

"Her?"

"Yes, it's a her. We talk a bit after that. She actually does the talking to divert me from thinking over the takeoff. She's cute."

"Awwwww... she's sound sweet. Why don't you ask her name?"

"I fall asleep."

"Yeah right, typical Jessica."

"Yahhh!!!!"

 

The food then come and they both make a way to the waitress to put the plate on the table before they start the conversation again.

 

"So, how's Krystal taking this thing?"

 

"I dunno. She's crying. A lot. Like a lotttt... I hate seeing her cry like that. It makes me wanna cry too but I will look bad in front of Jackson."


 

"Owwhh, that man still working with you then?"


 

"Yes, he still. I dunno if I can trust him. But his been loyal during my dad time. Before my dad die, he always praises him saying he is the best man he ever hired. Maybe I should ask his help. But I dunno where his loyalty stands now. To the Jung's or to that pathetic old man."


 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter