Dim Sum and Egg tarts

Don't forget.

16 March 2018, Saint Margaret Academy 

Anna Lau is a fierce woman who gets whatever she wants. She puts on her poker face as she waited patiently for the dean to get back to her about her daughter's leave from school. She checks her painted red manicured nails and glanced the ticking clock away. She knows that her daughter is excited to get out of school, but this snobby dean is taking up her precious time. 

"Miss Lau, the leave for Josie's two-week leave is approved. You may leave now." The dean politely gestured to the door of her office. Anna swung her maroon MK handbag across her shoulders and head out. Josie was waiting outside the office, playing with the ends of her lavender dress. 

Her eyes lit up at the sight of her mother. 

"Come on, we still need to pack." Josie's grin grew bigger. She knew that her dream is coming true. 

 

You are invited to the wedding of William Lau and Janet Kim. 

Anna sighed and stuffed the invite into her handbag. She was resting in the guest lounge as her daughter was sleeping soundly on her lap. It was urgent and she booked the latest flight, but it's on under the company. Her eyes were almost shut, at the right moment, the announcement to board the plane was made. 

She carried her daughter in her arm and board the plane. 

►21 hours later...►

They finally made it to Hong Kong. Anna unpacked the carrier and hang her clothes in the wardrobe in the suite booked for her. Her company is really one of the best. Josie was still sleeping soundly on the bed after arriving straight from the airport. Her father still had the cheek to invite her to dinner today to introduce her to her new family. 

"Mama? Can we go eat? I'm hungry..." Josie rubbed her eyes and patted her tummy. 

"RIght after we shower, let's go!" She carried Josie in her arms and head towards the bathroom. 

 

Many people stared at the mother-daughter duo, mesmerised by their visuals. Anna wore a causal off-shoulder rosy red blouse paired with a black flared skirt that ends a few inches above her knees. Josie wore her peach-coloured dress with spaghetti straps and had her raven hair put up with a single rose. Anna smiled and introduced her daughter to the dim sum that was new to her. 

"Mama, a lot of people seems to know you." Josie pointed out at the boss staring at her mother. Her mother turned back and waved at the owner and smiled at him. She tucked her dark curls behind her ear and begin to pick up the Siew-mai that she misses dearly. Josie mirrored her mother's action and did the same. 

She brought Josie to this old dim sum shop that she often frequents during her high school days. Many of her high school classmates still come by this shop. 

"Isn't it nicer? Try this." Anna fed her daughter a mouthful of the savoury chee Cheong fun that is filled with prawns. Josie nodded eagerly and got more of the dish into her bowl. 

Josie tapped Anna's hand and she frowned. 

"Mom, isn't that uncle Mark?" Her eyes caught the mop of blonde hair trying to escape. 

She took out her phone and dialled the familiar number. 

"I followed you. I told you to call me when you are coming back!" Mark burst out. Anna let out a free laugh and made him sit down.

" I did, but your secretary said that you were busy in court." She retorts back and stuck out her tongue at him.  

"Uncle Mark, you're still going back to the office. Your secretary is calling again." Josie point at his phone. 

"Fine, I'll see you tomorrow for dinner." He patted Josie's head and gave Anna a quick hug before rushing out. 

(This is what Anna is wearing!)

After having dim sum, Anna brought Josie to the bakery near her high school. Josie was skipping in light steps beside Anna who wore her beige sandals heels out. The same lady owner was still there, serving those delicious creamy custard treats. 

" Six egg tarts to go, please. " Anna ordered in her native tongue. The owner smiled at her and pack the delicious pastry for her old customer. Josie walked around the bakery while her mother was catching up with the owner. 

She skipped around and reading off the menu and accidentally bumped into someone. 

"Are you okay? Omg, you got a cut!" She raises a brow at the stranger who was struggling to find a plaster. He stopped and stared at her too, why wasn't this girl crying? 

"Josie, we need to go already. What did you do again? Another cut?" Anna frowned and took out a Winnie the pooh plaster and placed it over the cut. 

His breath hitched when she saw the mother's face. 

She carried her daughter in her arms and walked out of the bakery. He broke out of his trance and ran to chase after the lady in red. 

"Anna Lau!" 

She paused in her tracks and turned around. 

"Jackson?" 

 

Now, they were sitting side by in silence, while Josie was happily humming as she finished the second piece of her egg tart. 

"What are you doing here?" He asked as she looked down on her heels. 

"Work and my father's wedding. What about you?" She stared at him and sighed. 

"Your father's wedding. Who's the father?" Anna stilled. She shook her head and stood up. 

"I don't wish to answer you or meet you again. Come on, Josie." Josie looked up confused and followed after her mother, waving cutely at Jackson. 

 

►►►►►

End of Chapter 2 - 

Yes! Chapter 2 is up! 

Now, it's quite obvious who is the father of Josie...

Thanks for reading and continue to subscribe and comment!

Peace out! 

Isabel:)