Are we still friends?

Don't forget.

Song of this chapter - Justin Bieber's 'Friends'

Mark kept a lookout for Anna as he chats with Jackson. He found out that Jackson has no recollection of his drunken night after fighting with Anna. He thought he spent the night with Haebin. Josie was playing games on Mark's phone. 

"Anna, are you feeling better?" Mark noticed that she avoids eye contact with Jackson. Her stare was blank and void of any emotions. It was like her mother's stare when she is upset. 

He found out a lot more about that night and it was clear that Anna is still upset and jealous. Jackson and Anna are the two most dense people on earth. They have feelings for each other but just too dense to realise it. One is a doctor and the other is a top employee soon to be promoted to director. Smart yet dense. 

"Mama, look. I beat Uncle Mark's high score!" Anna smiled and cut up the steak into smaller pieces to feed Josie. Jackson was just staring fondly at how Anna takes care of her daughter and it just made him realise that they both have grown up. 

Haebin waved her hand in front of her boyfriend and he cleared his throat and smiled at her. She smiled sweetly at him and fed him the steak. She had completely forgotten about the night that she drugged Jackson and she made him slept with Anna instead of her. Nobody knows that Janet and Haebin are related. 

"Josie! Come here!" Her grandfather beckons the little girl who ran straight into his arms. Anna stares coldly at her father who played with Josie. 

It is well known that Anna does not have a good relationship with her father since young and the reason that she moved out of the country was mainly due to his father's extramarital affairs. All her relatives were all on Anna's side and looked out for her when she went to the States to study. 

"Anna, what a beautiful young woman you have grown up to be, just like your mother." Her oldest aunt, the older sister of her father commented, emphasising on how she looked like her mother. 

"Thank you, auntie. I am doing fine and I'm getting the promotion soon." Anna winked at her, her father looked up in surprise. He never expects the girl who skips school all the time and had a child when she was young to become a soon-to-be director. 

"Congratulations, Anna. I didn't know that you are getting promoted so soon." 

"There's a lot of things you don't know about me, father." 

Her response sent chills to his spine. He felt like he just lost his daughter, his protege, the future of his lineage. 

 

Something Anna was hiding from him but he could not figure out what it was. Jackson felt so distant from the girl that he still loves and cares for. His girlfriend was talking to the soon-to-be bride and Anna was chatting with her aunts.

"Anna, when are you going to tell us who's the father of Josie?" Jackson's eyes widen, Anna knew who the father was but kept Josie a secret away from him. 

"Not yet. I don't think I want to face him yet. He doesn't know the truth and I wish to keep it that way." He was shocked and angry. The Anna he knew would not do that instead she would straight up tell the father. 

Time could change someone. 

"Jackson-ah! Shall we go and explore the city? You promised me~" He looked away from Anna and smiled at his girlfriend. Jackson wrapped his arms around her waist and they exited the ballroom together. 

As soon as he exited the ballroom, she pulled her aunts aside. 

"Jackson is the father. It was just that one night where he got drugged and we...erm...did it. He only had two drinks that night." Her aunts gasped and stared at her in shock. Their beautiful baby slept with her best friend. 

"Who would drug him?" She simply shrugged her shoulders. 

"I got some of his hair and saliva for testing of drugs. Turns out someone drugged him with some strong aphrodisiac drug and it's lethal if consumed the wrong amount." Her aunts were almost faint from the reveal of the juicy story. 

"Aunt Han...It was at your hotel. Do help me check the CCTV footage please." Her youngest aunt nodded her head firmly. It all happened in this city, her turf. Whoever messes with her, will get what they deserved. 

While her aunts figured out who drugged Jackson, she is going to figure out who is Janet Kim.

 

Most of her remaining time in Hong Kong was spent on meeting with clients and do management cleaning at the office.

Josie spent her time with her Uncle Mark who could not bear to let her go back to New York. 

These two are back to planning on how they are going to play cupid. 

"Uncle Mark! I heard Mama's boss is trying to transfer her to Seoul as they require someone capable to clear the mess there." Josie revealed and Mark was shocked. 

God is really on their side. Jackson is in Seoul too. 

"You know what that means? Jackson and Anna in the same city? This is going so well!" Josie was excited as well. She wants to meet her father and play with him, eat ice cream together or just do things together. 

It has been years and she finally found her father. If her mother is not willing to fight for her love, the young and courageous Josie will do the job for her. 

"I've got the worst headache on earth! OMG, my boss wants me to transfer to Seoul HQ! He said he promoted me to the Vice-President seat there because I'm the most suitable to go there." Mark was just grinning like a Cheshire cat. Anna rolled her eyes at him and checked her phone again.

More notifications from her boss. 

"Anna, you do realise that when you move to Seoul, you might meet Jackson right?" 

She totally forgot that Jackson was stationed in Seoul. 

 


OMG

It has been a long time since I have updated and today is the day I guess? 

So sorry for the long- wait! 

Enjoy!