Seven

Will you?

It's chaos in that dressing room as the man stares down Zia, the air filled with so much hatred that Rogan has to scrunch up his nose. It's suffocating. The shorter of the two stands behind, his eyes darting between his friend and the woman, probably in a dilemma of what to do now.

"Oppa," she says and after a moment Rogan has launched himself into the man, nostrils flared, fist raised.

 

"Oppa," Hakyeon hears her say and flinches because she still calls him oppa, even after all the years, even after all those feelings. He stills for a second but it's just a second before he springs into action, his hand grabbing onto the collar of his bandmate's shirt, trying to pull him away.

It's a waste, it's too late.

 

"Oppa," is the last word he remembers hearing before his anger reaches its threshold and erupts, consuming everything in its way.

 

"Oppa," she hadn't expected him to find her so soon or come to her. She knew there would be a confrontation and it would not be pretty but the coldness emanating from him is something she is not used to. 

It unnerves her, seeing him stand there, his hatred a cocoon around him.

She opens to speak but before she could there is a loud, ugly sound of skin hitting skin and then her vision blurs. There are strange sort of vibrations in her ears and they keep ringing.

It takes her a moment to realize that her neck is craned, and the pain in her cheek has amplified four fold.

He had slapped her, hard.

Rogan is the first to react, which is expected of his athletic reflexes. He almost throws himself at the offender, his own rage pumping through his veins. Grabbing the man by the collar, pulling him in. Their breaths almost mingled, his other hand already forming a fist.

Hakyeon is the second to recover, seeing the events unfold before his eyes, he swirls into action. Reaching his friend and pulling him back by the collar of his shirt, trying to put some distance between him and the buff looking man.

A few onlookers have gathered at the door, some of their fellow fighters, some fellow bandmates and other artists.

Although a loud, "Hyung!" is heard from the crowd but nobody dares move, unable to understand what is happening.

There is tension in the whole room, the air is thick. Hakyeon sees the fist come down towards his dongsaeng and he flinches again because it would hurt.

But the fist never connects because she is there behind the monstrous man, hand resting on his bicep, a soft whisper is all it takes to stop him.

"Rogan don't."

And he doesn't. The hand falls by his side but he doesn't let go.

"Let him go," he still doesn't.

"Rogan!"

"He dare raise his hand on you and nobody walks away doing that. Remember the second rule!" There is more rustling as other VIXX members make their way inside. Although none of them can fight but they wouldn't stand idly when when of their own is about to get hurt.

Even if the fault was his 

"Rogan let him go," her voice is no more a whisper, it's a whiplash, "I deserved it."

A look is exchange between the two before he lets go, pushing the male away roughly into Hakyeon, "If you ever come in my direct line of vision again, you won't be going home on your own legs!"

He throws Rogan the same look of distaste that he has been giving her and then turns around and walks out of there, not a single word making its way out of his mouth.

Hakyeon stands there watching him walk away followed by others but he couldn't bring himself to follow just yet.

Should he stay?

Should he leave?

Who needs him more right now?

After a moment he decides to go after s, not before throwing her one last look. He never stayed anyways.

Once outside he hears the commotion before he sees it, they are hudled together just around the corner. s, surrounded by some Monsta X, Seventeen, Wanna One members.

"Hyung have you gone mad!" Hyuk is the one scolding, his arms on the other man's shoulder, "What the hell were you thinking, hitting a woman!"

"She deserved it," he repeats her words, those being the first ones he has spoken in the last thirty minutes.

Hakyeon finds himself wondering, did she really deserve it?

"That was the only way hyung."

He is no one to decide. What did he deserve anyway. He was at equal fault here.

Taking a deep breath he walks to the crowd, their eyes following him.

"Lee Hongbin, that was a low move."