Ch. 2

Pure Chance

Kyungsoo stared at his homework. It's been a while since he had homework. When was the last time he voluntarily went to school? It's already been 4 years. Second year of middle school*. He dropped out then. And that's when he began training to be a contract killer. He stared at his clock on the wall and finally started his homework.

By the time he finishes, it's only seven. Homework was too easy, although most students staying up until 3 studying begged to differ. He got dressed in comfortable, inconspicuous clothes. No, contrary to popular opinion, contract killers did not wear all black or suits because it would be very obvious. He walked into an abandoned warehouse where he is greeted by his boss.

"So what's your plan."

"I was thinking car accident. Maybe I'll be in the car and make it look like the target was driving under the influence or force him off the road."

"How long do you need?"

"Month will do. I have to build trust with him order to let me into his car and so that I'm the last suspect."

"Do you need anything?"

"I need... a fake family. Just need it to look like I come from a normal upper-middle class family."

"Okay. I'll send you an adress and two people will live with you during the mission. They'll have your fake identities, including your birth certificate, etc."

"Thank you, boss"

"Kyungsoo. I have a short mission for you. Simple one. Just $1,000. Everyone is doing something right now, and I figured you'd be free."

"Okay boss."

He walked home and when he arrived, he opened his laptop. He looked at the mission, and it seemed easy enough, especially because the target had a daily routine. He looked at his watch. The time read 7:37. His target would be at the convenience store. By the time he would arrive, the target would be on his way back to his office. Seemed like a normal person. Probably a mission by an excessively rich and obsessive ex-wife. Those missions were the easisest. Since most people were going home, he could just get into the office and make sure no one else was around. Opening his laptop, he looked at the company and the building he worked at. If he infiltrated the system, he could make sure that the worker didn't clock out while most of his colleagues did. The hacking systme was easy for the most part because the company had a poor defense system. He could make himself an employee card or he could just kill the security guard. Wanting to avoid as much conflic as possible, he made himself an employee identification card that could get him into the office. When he was finished, the time read 8:23. He checked to see if the target was still in the office. That answer was a yes. The target tended to work overtime until 10 or 11, where there were little to no employees. The target must be a workoholic.

*****

Kyungsoo got up and smoothed his blouse. He was wearing a button up, a tie, dress pants, and nice shoes. He knew he would blend in as a young employee. Before entered the building, he checked that his target was still at the office and made sure that the security system would malfunction so that the surveillance footage would not save and so that no one would clock in, which includes him because although he had a card, it would raise a red flag if a non-existant employee walked in. Walking to floor that the target worked at, he saw that, unfortunately, there was another colleague. Making sure that they couldn't see him, he walked around the corner. He would wait there until the one of them walked out of the room. He had a syringe containing a lethal amount of anesthesia, a knife, and a gun. He preferred the clean, short method. When he heard someone get out of the chair, he stood was prepared to open the door to make it look like he had just entered, in case it was the colleague, but luckky him, it was the target. He stabbed the syringe into the targets arm (he's to short to do next) and gagged the target. He left the room and dragged the man to the bathroom without running into anyone. He quickly scribbled a fake suicide note and shoved the man's face into the water. He made sure that paper ffell into the water as well so it seemed like it fell in, but the writing would be smudged beyond recognition. With that, he flushed the syringe into the toilet and left.

When he was out of the building, he shoved his card into his pocket and breathed in the night air. He had to wait for almost half an hour before any of them budged. Kyungsoo started walking home when he saw a convenience store and realized he was hungry. He walked in and grabbed a cup noodle when he saw someone's head peek out from the next aisle. And the person had suspiciously large ears. . It's the spoiled brat. He grabbed the cupnoodle and pulled on a sweatshirt from his bag and pulled his hood on. After paying he ran out of the convenience store, but then he realized that Chanyeol was outside.

"Wait. Kyungsoo?" Chanyeol asked.

"Ahahaha... ya," Kyungsoo said, nervously laughing.

"What's with the outfit... sweatshirt and dress pants..."

"Oh... I had to visit my dad's office but I got kinda cold."

"Oh. Okay. Well see you at school tomorrow!" Chanyeol said, smiling and waving at Kyungsoo as he turned to leave.

"Ya.... bye."

Kyungsoo started walking when he decided to just eat at the convenience store. He got hot water and sat outside. It was already 9:29. If only he could be over with Chanyeol's case like the case today. But of course it doesn't work like that for expensive targets. The slightest slip ups could lead to his death. Everything had to be perfectly planned. In the case of today, if he did manage to get caught, his boss, having connections with leaders and the police could make it disappear. But with high profile people like Park Chanyeol, failure was not an option.

Kyungsoo sighed. He finished his dinner and headed home, preparing to pack up and temporarily move into a random home that would make him the typical high school student. If only he actually was the typical high school student. But that died a long time ago.