Ch. 1

Pure Chance

"Chanyeol-ah! We should go play soccer after school today!" Byun Baekhyun said, Chanyeol's best friend.

"I like basketball better..." Park Chanyeol said.

"That's only because you're tall. It's not fair," Baekhyun said.

Park Chanyeol was a second-year, but was doing better than the average student. Although his grades were average, he was always the best player in every sport he tried. Naturally, he was popular, not only because of his skills in sports, but he was funny, good-looking, and charming. With his group of friends, he never failed to have fun. While girls admired him and imagined themselves in the place of his cute girlfriend, Seoyun, he played video games or actual sports with his friends. He always managed to do his homework and find time to study for tests, mainly because his wealthy parents made sure that he got straight-As. Everyone in Chanyeol's life seemed to love him. He couldn't ask for more. Except for that one Gucci shirt that he HAD to get...

*****

"You're going to regret this," a man yelled, clearly in pain.

"Well, looking at the position I'm in and you're in... I think it's safe to say I'm at the advantage," responded a teenaged boy, examining his collection of knives, choosing which one would be effective in the art of pain. "Now... tell me where the money is. Let's take the easy way because I hate doing extra, unecessary work if I'm going to get the same final product."

This seemingly evil boy was named Do Kyungsoo. Except... he isn't evil. He just... lacks emotion. After a series of long, painful events, Kyungsoo lost faith in the world and just needed a good source of income so he could at least be physically comfortable.

*****

"Good job, Kyungsoo. I'll give you the promise $10,000. Your next assignment is a long one, so be ready to do some acting. I'll send you the details and make sure you don't screw this up because the client was very clear on being successful. You know what happens when you upset a client. Anyways, you'll get $50,000 from this because it's a big one," Kyungsoo's boss said. It wasn't Kyungsoo's first time on a long-term assignment. It was just one out of many because he was good at acting. After all, Kyungsoo was always acting when he was in public. He didn't feel the need to smile, because he never felt the happiness that made him want to smile. He never felt the urge to cry because he lost the feeling of pain in sadness.

Kyungsoo opened the file in his laptop.

Name: Park Chanyeol

Assignment: Eliminate Park Chanyeol. Make it look like suicide or accidental, not a murder.

Affiliations: Park Enterprises

Occupation / School: Namhae High School,Class 2-C

Other Instructions: Make sure only the Park parents know this was not an accident or suicide. If anyone happens to know that this was a murder, eliminate them as well.

Client:  --

Offered Amount: $50,000

Do not print or write anything in this attatchment. Failure to follow these instructions can lead to "termination."

Kyungsoo sighed. He hated dealing with high schoolers, although he was in the age range to be in high school himself. Of course, he only attends school when he needs to. When he does, he gets grades above average, but in order to avoid attention, purposely scores in an average range. He hated high school students for one reason: jealousy. Whether or not he like to admit it, that was the one feeling he felt. Jealousy that the people around him weren't chosen to live this live. That he had to live the ty life. Not the person sitting a row behind him on the bus, not the old man at the coffee shop reading the newspaper. Him.

*****

Chanyeol walked slowly back to his house. Although his parents insisted that they get him a personal driver, he said he was fine walking alone. After all, he attended a private high school in Gangnam. While he is walking, his phone suddenly goes off. He opens it. It's his girlfriend. He starts walking again while he replies to his girlfriend, but then he bumps into someone. He looks down and sees a boy about his age, dressed in plain clothes with a black bag. Irritated and tired, he says,

"It's my fault... but sorry not sorry." He starts walking away when he feels a foot kick him in the back while he feels a small hand grab his wrist and twist it. "OWWW!! I'M SORRY! I'M SORRY SO PLEASE LET GO." The mysterious boy lets go and starts walking away. Strange guy, Chanyeol thinks.

*****

Kyungsoo already gets started on his new assignment. He goes to Chanyeol's school and starts surveying the area around it. His boss said that he would take care of registration at the school and would make him look like a transfer student. He turns the corner around the block  when something hits him. He realizes it's a person. When he looks up at the face, it's looking at him. That's when it clicks. He is Park Chanyeol. The target. The CEO's son. He starts getting up when Chanyeol says,

"It's my fault... but sorry not sorry." first impressions, Kyungsoo though. The rich boy needed a lesson. Although Kyungsoo knew that he had to be friends with him for the next couple weeks or months, he didn't care in that moment. As Chanyeol kept walking, Kyungsoo kicked Chanyeol and as he started falling to his floor, he grabbed Chanyeol by the wrist and started twisting it.

"OWWW!! I'M SORRY! I'M SORRY SO PLEASE LET GO." Satisfied, Kyungsoo lets go and continues walking. This was going to be a long assignment.

*****

Chanyeol threw his bag on the floor and started chatting until he saw the teacher approaching the classroom. In unison, everyone sat in their seats, acting like they hadn't been talking.

"Class president!" the teacher called* (note at end)

Chanyeol stood up and commanded, "Attention! Good morning, Miss Lee!"

"You may sit down," Miss Lee said. "I have a new student to introduce to you. Please introduce yourself."

"Hello. My name is Do Kyungsoo and I am a transfer student from Busan. I recently moved here. I hope we get along and have a good experience," the student said.

Immediately, Chanyeol recognized the student. It was the boy from the incident a week ago. The boy was going to hate going to high school.

*****

It was the first break of the day and Kyungsoo immediately looked for Chanyeol. Smile, he told himself. He found Chanyeol and before Chanyeol could say anything, he said, "I'm sorry about the other day. I was just in a bad mood, and I really hope we can get past this. Actually, I was hoping that, since we've already met and you're class president, that you could actually help me get around and help me... Of course, only if you want to..."

Chanyeol was completely surprised. The vicious devil was gone and was completely replaced by... a small boy... and he was almost even... cute. Of course Chanyeol couldn't say no. He was kind of in a bad mood that day, too, and it was kind of his fault since he hadn't apologized. Why not, Chanyeol thinks.

"Sure! I was also feeling a little annoyed that day," Chanyeol responds with a smile.

Kyungsoo returns the smile and says, "I'm glad we're on the same page," and asks, "Where is the bathroom?"

"Oh! Down the hall and to the left. There should be a sign."

Kyungsoo thanks Chanyeol and find his way to the bathroom. He goes into a stall and almost gags. Chanyeol was an easy target, but smiling was not easy. The character he was playing made him want to throw up. Just a month or two, he thinks to himself. He straightens up his uniform and makes his way back to the classroom. Just a month of acting.

__________________________________________

A/N: Okay in the middle of this chapter, the teacher told the class president to stand up, and they greeted the teacher. This is normal to see in most schools in Korea where the class president tells the class to stand at attention and bow and greet the teacher.

Anyways... I know I posted a little late, but I've established a schedule. On Tuesday, Thusday, Saturday, I'm posting this. On Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, you'll see me posting my other series (check it out pls thank you). On Sundays, you won't see me posting. This is a flexible schedule and subject to change, but this is the normal schedule. Keep in mind that this is PST, so for some it may be a day off. Anyways, thanks for reading.