I do not have the hots for Choi Seungcheol!

Heels over head
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Oh my God! That smile!”

“He’s so handsome!”

“Ugh. Those lips are definitely made for kissing!”

“Those arms are fine!”

“His is so pert, I just want to squeeze them!”

“He looks like a sweetheart but I bet he’s a beast in bed!”

Soonyoung internally cringed at the numerous murmurs around him. The mothers were all wildy buzzing like bees on a busy spring day. They were absolutely indiscreet and annoyingly fussy but Soonyoung honestly didn’t want to meddle in their gossips. He wouldn’t know what to say; they were telling the truth after all.

His eyes then travelled across the courtyard, near the gates, where the source of all the buzzing was standing. He was wearing his usual grey suit (which perfectly fit him like a glove and gave a nice view of his cute snug ), white button down shirt, and red tie. He also was wearing thin gold thin-rimmed round glasses (which should have made him look less hot but somehow made him hot-hot). He had his dimpled smile on his face, with little Chan - his cute three year old son – safely tucked in his arms.

Seeing him like that, Soonyoung could only think that Choi Seungcheol was definitely the epitome of a hot single dad. No other man could ever pull it off perfectly like the way Seungcheol could. (Definitely hot and single as .)

He then glanced towards the person he was talking to. Seungcheol was talking to Hong Jisoo, Soonyoung’s boss a.k.a. the day-care’s head teacher as well as the owner and apparently, hot single dad’s childhood friend. Seungcheol was talking and laughing, clearly oblivious to the lewd comments about his extremely able bod and seemingly insatiable ual prowess. Soonyoung doesn’t know if he should pity the guy or warn him about the vultures closely watching him. It would be a mental battle field if he tried to approach him now. He could only sigh.

“It’s been three months and yet they’re still crazily mooning over him,” Jeonghan, his co-worker, mused beside him. Soonyoung turned to him and saw the teacher’s amused smirk. He shook his head and laughed, somewhat a little distracted. “Yeah,” he airily replied. “I thought the buzz about him would blow over by now.”

Jeonghan stared at him, amused eyes twinkling even more. “But I bet you’d want to blow him instead,” he teased, suggestively wiggling his eyebrows. The young teacher blushed beet red to the tips of his ears. He scowled at the other and looked away. “I do not!” he strongly refuted.

His co-workers had been teasing him about his supposed infatuation towards the hot single-as- dad of his favourite student ever since the first day of school (which was coincidentally the first day they actually met.) He definitely, most certainly, and abso-ing-lutely did not have the hots for Choi freaking Seungcheol. (Nope! Not at all!)

The elder teacher merely nodded his head and gently patted Soonyoung’s shoulder like a caring sunbae he supposedly was. “Whatever helps you sleep at night,” he breezily said.

Soonyoung scowled again. (As if he completely understood what Soonyoung was really trying to tell him.)

He was about to give a smartass retort but when he turned around, Jeonghan had mysteriously disappeared and was replaced by the root of all his misgivings (he was exaggerating, of course), Choi hot- Seungcheol. He didn’t even see the guy walk towards him; it was as if his body just emerged from where Jeonghan had previously stood. His sudden appearance seriously gave Soonyoung a fright. His heart leapt to his throat and he shrieked, he freaking shrieked like a crazy banshee on a rampage. He couldn’t help it. He’s easily surprised (easily scared actually) and his co-workers had all found out about it when they surprised him on his birthday months ago. And now, it seems like Seungcheol has realized it too.

How fan-ing-tastic!

Freakishly handsome dad smiled at him, kindly ignoring his outburst (at least someone wasn’t keen on teasing him about it), and fixed his glasses on the bridge of his nose. (Even that simple gesture was ing y!) Soonyoung could practically hear the moms swoon. He honestly would too if he wasn’t so damn near to the hormone-inducing vixen.

“So,” Seungcheol drawled out, glancing around them. No one seemed to be near them. Actually, everyone seemed to have gone home already. He stared back at Soonyoung again. He coughed and shyly smiled. “What time are you coming home tonight?” he timidly asked. Soonyoung would have melted at the implication of that one sentence but he knew truth. Seungcheol was asking him to babysit Chan while he’d maybe meet with his editor or publisher and all that boring author stuff. Or he’d be out on a date. Soonyoung was hoping for the former but it seemed like it would be the latter tonight with the way Seungcheol was acting. It’s not like he cared if the hot-blooded alpha male wanted to get laid or not. (He definitely does not care at all. Nope!) He tilted his head to the side and pursed his lips. “Maybe 6-ish?” he replied, scrunching up his nose in faux concentration. (Soonyoung knew he’d be home by four but Seungcheol doesn’t have to know that.)

Seungcheol pouted and stared down at the now sleeping Chan in his arms. “I need to leave around 5.” (Oh.) It was already quarter past four in the afternoon. “Is it alright if you take Chan home with you instead?”

He stared at the seemingly innocent bundle of energy sleeping soundly in his dad’s arms. He could bring Chan to the park or somewhere and feed him every sugary treat he could afford (unbeknownst to Seungcheol of course) before coming home and let him run wild in the living room. His lips unknowingly twitched. (Yeah. He could definitely do that.) Soonyoung shrugged and simply motioned for Seungcheol to pass Chan over to him. The dad smiled at him gratefully.

He carefully detached his son away from him and handed the young tot over to Soonyoung. Chan merely stirred in the teacher’s arms, eyes remaining shut. “Thank you,” Seungcheol told him, eyes smiling and honest. “You’re a lifesaver!” he exaggeratedly exclaimed. Soonyoung scoffed and rolled his eyes. “You’re just lucky I love your son,” he cheekily answered. The dad merely shook his head, amusedly chuckling under his breath.

Seungcheol then came closer (Soonyoung almost had a heart attack when he inhaled the other’s cologne. ing manly pine and ) and kissed the top of Chan’s head. (He was not disappointed at all. Nope.) “I’ll see you later little dino! Have fun with Soon saem, okay?” he softly whispered. He then stared at Soonyoung, his strong gaze quite capturing. He gave the teacher’s shoulder a gentle squeeze. “Thank you,” he repeated, stressing each syllable. “For everything.”

The teacher just shrugged, unable to utter a single word. There were no words to convey his honest feelings (none that he felt were right) so keeping mum was the best for Soonyoung.

The young dad then checked his watch and instantly frowned. “I need to go home now so I could get ready,” he told Soonyoung. The teacher just nodded his head. “You go ahead then,” he said. Seungcheol nodded his head and said goodbye to Soonyoung and gave another affectionate ruffle to Chan’s hair, and then made his leave.

Soonyoung stared at his retreating back, a heavy sigh escaping his lips. He really did not have the hots for the hot single dad as his co-workers had repeatedly and adamantly about. He didn’t even lust after him like the others do. He was in love with him.

Yes.

ing hell yes.

Kwon Soonyoung, 25 years of age, teacher of extremely irritating at times yet still totally adorable kids, was heels over head in love with Choi Seungcheol, 32 years of age, writer and father of cutie in a nutshell Choi Chan.

He was in love. He was ing in love. It’s a completely whole different matter. And Soonyoung was ing sure he was damn screwed.

 

//flashback//

 

The first day of school meant a long day of introductions, getting to know each and every student in his class, and talking to their parents about their expectations for their children as well as their expectations of him. The teachers usually hated that part (some parents are so damn judgmental after all) but Soonyoung was feeling ecstatic. His energy was radiating off of him in waves like a tsunami and he was getting all giddy and jumpy and hyper; it was annoying Jeonghan so much that the elder teacher had to smack Soonyoung at the back of his head with a newspaper, saying there was a bug he just needed to kill. The younger was undeterred. Soonyoung just honestly couldn’t wait to see all the new faces he’d be meeting today. He was just excited. Too damn excited.

It was his second year of teaching at the Happy Sunshine Day-Care Center. It was his first job right after college and he was sure (hoping) it would be his job in the long run.

The building was quaint and homey and had all the necessary equipment and rooms that a day-care should have. The walls were bright yellow with different kinds of animals painted on them; some even have mountains, and seas, and trees. There was a huge courtyard, which also serves as the children’s playground, and a decent size parking lot outside. It was Soonyoung’s paradise and he couldn’t be happier right now.

He smiled at everyone in the room. The kids were sitting on the floor, quite amazingly behaving themselves, and were waiting patiently for him to start. Their parents sat at the back, simply observing.

“Good morning!” he cheerfully greeted. The kids and parents alike greeted him back. “My name is Kwon Soonyoung-”

He wasn’t able to finish his introduction because the door to his classroom was suddenly ripped open (who ing does that? Are they The Hulk?) and emerged  two figures, one small one and the other a larger one. Soonyoung raised a curious eyebrow at them. “I-” the larger one, seemingly the brother of the child he supposed (they do look alike), breathed. “I-I’m so-rry w-we’re late,” he said, trying to catch his breath. “This little dino here-” he emphasised by ruffling the kid’s hair “-just didn’t want to wear his clothes. I had to wrestle him into it so we could at least make it to introductions.”

The man (a y as fine man) then looked up and stared straight into Soonyoung’s eyes. (.) He smiled a cute deep dimpled smile (second ) and stretched out his hand. “I’m Choi Seungcheol,” he introduced himself, voice sweet like honey. (Third .) “And this here is my son,” he said, smiling widely. (Fourth .) “His name is Chan.” (Fifth .)

Soonyoung blinked a few times before he walked the short distance between them (he was definitely in a hazy daze) and wordlessly shook the hot dad’s (he’s a dad! A seriously handsome and young dad) outstretched hand.

He then stared at the little kid and pursed his lips. (His name was Chan, right?) He crouched down to his level and carefully smiled. “May I fix your clothes, little Chan?” he gently asked. The poor little kid’s clothes were very much unkempt. It certainly looked like he was forced to wear it by the way his shirt was inside out, his hair uncombed, and his shoelaces clumsily tied. (He was honestly such a cute little disaster!)

The child puffed out his cheeks. “No,” he answered Soonyoung, tone quite indignant. The teacher slightly raised his brow. “Oh?” he asked. “We don’t want to attract the scary messy monster now, do we?” Soonyoung prodded. Chan knitted his brows together, obviously confused with his words. “The what?” he cutely asked. The teacher booped his nose and smiled. “It’s a monster which takes children with messy clothes, such as you now, away to his messy, untidy kingdom. The kids taken there are forced to do all of his chores,” he whispered. The little kid’s eyes then widened in horror. Soonyoung almost, almost smirked.

“You don’t want to be taken away by the messy monster now, do you?” he asked again. This time, Chan furiously shook his head. “Fix. Fix!” he said, looking at Soonyoung with pouty brown eyes.

The teacher couldn’t help but graciously comply.

After fixing Chan’s clothes, he stood up and found himself suppressing a giggle. (They were definitely father and son.) Seungcheol’s necktie was askew and his hair seemed like he had just gone out of bed and didn’t bother for a comb when they went out. Soonyoung could only shake his head in amusement. “You should fix that,” he told him, pointing towards his necktie. “You don’t want the messy monster to take you as well,” he teased, clearly bemused with the situation.

He then walked back towards his desk, letting the father-son duo find their seats and started again. He stared at the kids and smiled widely. “I’m Kwon Soonyoung,” he finally got to continue. “I will be your homeroom teacher for the whole school year. I hope to teach you so many interesting things.” His eyes unexpectedly went to Seungcheol. He was busy fixing his tie, a pout on his lips. (Cute.) “There will be challenges ahead of us but let’s work together happily, okay?”

The children cheered whilst the parents seemed to be pleased.

Soonyoung met Seungcheol’s gaze (sixth ) and he knew it would be a crazy school year for him this time around.

 

**

Soonyoung arrived at his apartment quite drained. His day was expectedly and painstakingly spent talking to the parents at length – what they want their kids to learn (why did they bother? The school’s curriculum was on their ing brochure. They should have already read about it), how they want them to be taught (as if they knew any better than Soonyoung how to do his job), and how they want them to behave (he’s a teacher not a damn governess for etiquette and table manners.)

Overall, it went swimmingly well for Soonyoung.

He opened his fridge and grabbed for the microwavable bento box he stocked from the convenience store (he was sadly on his last box tonight) and popped it in the microwave to heat up.

While he waited, Soonyoung decided to take a drag (a bad habit from college and peer pressure he still couldn’t get rid of) at the balcony. He took out one stick and lit the cigarette. He breathed in, tasting the minty flavour he so desperately loved, and breathed out, the misty smoke slowly spreading and dancing in front of eyes. He watched, a tad dazed, as the smoke slowly dispersed into the breezy night air. He slightly shivered at the cold.

“It’s Soon saem!” a cute soft voice suddenly exclaimed from his left. He turned to the voice, curious.

Soonyoung suppressed a shriek as his eyebrows shot up in great surprise when he saw a familiar hyper toddler standing just a few feet away from him. He knew someone had moved in the apartment beside his but he wasn’t expecting for this kind of coincidence to happen in all of his life. (Was fate seriously teasing him?)

“Soon saem! Soon saem! Soon saem!” his student, Choi cutie Chan, was waving at him excitedly. He gulped, subtly throwing away his cigarette, and waved back at the child. “Hey there little dino,” he greeted, remembering the adorable nickname. “Fancy meeting you here,” he commented, internally grimacing. ( you, fate.)

“Chan, come in here!” someone then said from inside their apartment. Soonyoung closed his eyes and cursed his luck. (Damn great timing.) He then saw Seungcheol come out into the balcony, taking Chan into his arms and scolding the little boy for running away from bath time. Soonyoung knew it was rude to stare, his eyes focused on the way his muscles flexed and unflexed (his biceps were quite deliciously distracting) but Choi Seungcheol was definitely, most certainly, abso-ing-lutely hot as . The young father was wearing sweatpants and a sinfully fitted sleeveless shirt. It honestly didn’t leave anything to the imagination. He was damn F-I-T! (Soonyoung freaking swooned.)

“But I saw Soon saem!” Chan cutely whined he then heard, successfully getting him out of his daze. “Soon saem?” the father confusedly repeated. (Oh ). Soonyoung should have gone inside when he had the chance. Seungcheol glanced at his direction (Oops! Too late now) and was quite surprised at seeing Soonyoung on the other balcony (well, he did live there. He had for years.) The teacher waved at him and weakly smiled. “Hi,” he said, his voice not above a whisper.

To say the smile Choi Seungcheol had given him was dashing would be an understatement. The smile Choi freaking Seungcheol gave him was ing dazzling; it almost made Soonyoung go blind. Apollo would have been ashamed if he ever saw how blindingly bright Seungcheol’s smile was. The sun was no match at all.

“Hey neighbour,” Seungcheol beamed at him. (ing swoon.) “Didn’t expect to see you so soon,” he chuckled, making Soonyoung’s knees go weak.

He shrugged his shoulders. (He was proud he could pull off the nonchalant shrug. Jihoon would be so proud!) “Small world,” he sarcastically commented. The father nodded his head and smiled even wider. (How the heck can that even happen?) “Please take care of us here as well,” he said, bowing his head slightly. Soonyoung did the same in response. “Please take care of me too.”

Chan then started to whine about being cold and wanting his Rex (his stuffed toy perhaps, Soonyoung supposed) and wearing his Batman pyjamas.

Seungcheol shook his head and tried to calm his fussy charge. He looked at Soonyoung, eyes still somehow bemused. “Well. I guess this is good night,” he said, smiling slightly. Soonyoung nodded his head. “Yeah,” he replied, a little breathless. “Good night.”

“Good night.”

Seungcheol offered him another wave and then went inside their apartment, sliding the door shut.

Soonyoung stared at their balcony and all he could think was .

.

.

ing .

They’re neighbours.

ing neighbours!

Fan-ing-tastic!

 

**

Weeks passed and Soonyoung hardly saw the hot single (yes! Single! Choi y Seungcheol is single! He heard the herd of nosy mothers question Seungcheol about his wife. He answered he had none. He was single and freaking available) dad since the first day of school. He would only see him when he’d pick Chan up after class. He rarely saw them (him) in the mornings and evenings. He could hear them though.

They were a cute father and son. Seungcheol was a stay-at-home dad. He worked as a writer (Soonyoung still doesn’t know what genre he writes. Maybe he should ask Jisoo. He’d definitely know. They’re childhood friends after all) and would work the whole day or maybe do some household chore or whatever it was housedads do whilst his son was in the day-care.

At night he could hear the two laughing and giggling and squealing, simply just having fun in their apartment. Hearing them would always bring a smile onto Soonyoung’s face.

Seungcheol was a good dad. He was responsible, strict, and quite sensible. He was also funny, a bit childish (he heard from his boss), and was overall a good-natured guy. Chan obviously adores him.

Whilst Soonyoung, just a tiny bit, maybe admires him.

 

**

“He’s too perfect,” Seungkwan commented one time, scrunching up his nose in distaste. (As if Seungcheol’s supposed perfect-ness was a contagious disease. Heaven forbid for that to happen. Earth didn’t need more sources of heart attacks.) They had just finished their classes for the day and were taking a short break at the pantry before going home, eating a few bites and drinking a cup of coffee.

Jisoo snorted. “He’s absolutely not,” he stressed. “Cheol’s far from perfect, you know,” he added, chuckling a little. “How can we know?” Jeonghan challenged. “You never talk about him.” The head teacher rolled his eyes. “I don’t need to talk about him to know he’s not perfect. Soonyoung talks to him and he knows Cheol’s not perfect. Nobody’s perfect. Right, Soon?” he remarked, somehow putting the young teacher on the spotlight.

Three pairs of eyes then turned to him, all waiting for his usual sassy reply or whatever Soonyoung-ish retort they were all expecting.

“Uhm,” Soonyoung dumbly answered. His tongue was suddenly tied; a seemingly hard-to-uncoil knot had formed which stopped his normally unstoppable mouth from forming any coherent or at least decent sentence. He was speechless.

Well .

Silence stretched among them and somehow, somehow his co-workers realized something about Soonyoung that he hasn’t. (ing .) He gulped nervously.

“Oh my God!” Jeonghan exclaimed, looking at him with horror in his eyes. Soonyoung’s eyes then widened in surprise and confusion. “What?” he anxiously asked. “You like him!” the elder teacher answered, somewhat scandalised. “You like hot single as Choi Seungcheol!”

At that, Soonyoung found himself frowning. (Had he heard, right? They think he likes Seungcheol?) Soonyoung almost laughed out loud at the absurdity. (Like? Bah! As if!)

“I don’t like him,” he tersely told the elder. He looked at the others and shook his head. “I don’t like Seungcheol at all,” he further denied, glaring at Jeonghan at the same time. “How can I like someone I rarely talk to? Or even see,” he countered, honestly quite confused with their thinking.

“But you always talk to him after class,” Seungkwan commented. “We would always see you guys giggling or chuckling about something,” he said. “And you seem to like talking to him too. You would always have that mushy, awfully silly smile on your face right after,” he added, brows knitted together.

Soonyoung stared at the younger, lips pursed. (What the actual . He does that?) “We talk about Chan,” he stressed, his annoyance rising. “We talk about Chan’s improvements in class and how he could help his child at home,” he silently fumed. “That’s hardly a conversation to fuel any sort of infatuation or dare say, feelings for Seungcheol.”

“Feelings are quite treacherous things, Soonyoung,” Jisoo interrupted, calmly stirring his coffee. “It’s sneaky and slippery and oh so cunning; you would only realize it’s there once it’s coiled around your heart,” he stated, looking at him seriously in the eyes. “Realizing the embers early on could help put out the fire. But sometimes though, it could also fan the flames even more.” Soonyoung gulped, heart suddenly beating wildly inside his chest. “Either way,” the elder continued. “Feelings are still feelings – even if they’re still a teeny tiny wee little bud planted in your heart. Feelings grow, Soonyoung. They would grow even without being watered. They would grow and grow and grow until they'd reach a full bloom. And when that time comes, you’d be wholly consumed by them, unable to deny them any longer. Your feelings would be overflowing like gushing water on a monsoon. You wouldn’t know what to do with them and most likely get swept away in the roaring raging current.” Jisoo then gently squeezed his arm. “So be prepared,” he said, his tone cautious and slightly foreboding. “Guard your heart, Kwon Soonyoung. Guard the doors to your heart and be extra careful,” he advised. “Especially if Choi Seungcheol comes knocking.”

The elder teacher then smiled at him and sipped his coffee, ignoring the incredulous gaping and gawking and snickering of the people around him. He acted as if he hadn’t just indirectly warned Soonyoung about falling for his childhood friend. Nope. Jisoo acted like he simply told them about the freaking damn weather.

Soonyoung groaned out loud. “Well feelings,” he groused. Seungkwan nodded his head in agreement whilst Jeonghan just smirked mischievously. (How did their conversation got steered this way? He has no ing clue.)

The young teacher sank into his seat and covered his eyes, suddenly feeling drained. All he ever wanted was for his days to end peacefully. It seemed like today was another exception.

 

**

To see Choi Seungcheol knocking on his door (his apartment’s door. Not his figurative heart’s door Jisoo had warned him about), wearing a sheepish smile on his beautiful chiselled face looking all y and cuddly (how can he even pull that off?) with his just-showered brown locks, fit muscle tee, basketball shorts, and Nike’s so early on a God-damn Saturday morning, almost gave Soonyoung a heart attack. He settled for a strangled squeal strangely mixed with a groan. He sounded like a freaking seal.

He stopped, stuttered, and blatantly stared, honestly quite surprised with the visit. The hot single daddy smiled wider. His sleep-muddled brain somehow caught up to the reality in front of him. He said: “Good morning?” with his brows confusedly knitted together (because why the is Choi y Seungcheol knocking on his door at freaking six in the morning?! Soonyoung might be pleased with this morning booty call but it’s 6 for-ing-sake AM. He has the right to sleep in on weekends!)

Seungcheol chuckled. “Good morning,” he replied, seeming to understand Soonyoung had just woken up. He pushed his hands into his pockets, bobbed on his heels, and continued smiling that knee-buckling smile of his. (Well .)

“So,” he drawled out. Soonyoung crossed his arms over his chest and tried to meet his eyes and not stare at his hot hot hot guns of a bicep and perfectly and seemingly hard hard hard chest. He cleared his throat to concentrate. “I’m sorry for barging on you like this,” he mumbled, a little sheepish. “But Chan has been pulling my leg for days and I don’t know what to tell him anymore. I know you’re busy and you have your own life-” (What?) “-You might be seeing your friends or be out on a date-” (Wait what?) “-I really don’t want to intrude-” Soonyoung stopped his tirade by covering his mouth with his hand (he should have kissed him instead) and incredulously stared at the gabbling father of a three year old fluffy demon. “What the heck are you trying to say?”

Is Choi Seungcheol asking him out on a date?

Seungcheol took Soonyoung’s hand – the one that was covering his mouth – and gave it a little squeeze. (Well second .) He breathed in, closing his eyes, and then gazed at Soonyoung tentatively. “I want to treat you to dinner.” (Third . Hell YES!) “Chan wanted to have you over for a long time now-” (What). “-and I’ve been mulling over asking you about it-” (The heck? It was Chan who wanted him to come over. Not Seungcheol). “-because I don’t know your schedule-”

He stopped Seungcheol again. But this time, with his laugh. Soonyoung laughed. He laughed with tears in his eyes (he didn’t care anymore if it was of joy or disappointment because he should have known) and shook his head, shaking out the drowsiness in his system. (He honestly needed coffee.) Seungcheol just stared at him like he had just grown three heads.

“Yeah,” Soonyoung wheezed, clutching his stomach. (He was so stupid.) “I can do dinner,” he said, nodding his head. Getting a date from Choi smoking hot dad Seungcheol was a far off chance like Jihoon and he dating. Best friends, practically like brothers, as the two of them certainly don’t date. (Soonyoung should have definitely known it was impossible.) He stared at the young dad. “I can come over tonight if it’s not a bother,” he told him, smiling almost ruefully.

Seungcheol grinned. He ing grinned and clapped Soonyoung’s arm excitedly. Soonyoung could only internally grimace. (That hurt.) “Good!” the dad happily exclaimed. “Tonight’s good,” he commented, excitement evident in his chocolate eyes. “You can come over around 8. Dinner’s ready by then,” he said.

Soonyoung nodded his head and smiled. The father’s excitement somehow was contagious. He honestly couldn’t help but get pumped up about it himself.

“See you then,” he said. Seungcheol happily nodded. “See you,” he told him with a little wave. The father then turned around and walked towards their door. “Later, Soonyoung,” he said before entering their apartment and leaving Soonyoung still bemused and bewildered. He had dinner plans with Seungcheol (even if there was a three year old tyke with them) and honestly, he couldn’t be any happier.

He shut his door and immediately slumped down on the floor, his knees finally giving in. “,” he moaned out loud.

He has a date.

He has a ing date.

He has a ing date with the Chois.

ing neighbour perks!

 

**

Soonyoung apprehensively stared at the Choi’s door. There was nothing special about it. Absolutely nothing. It was just an ordinary door with the same ruby red paint like his and their apartment number in the same sparkly and surprisingly not cheap looking gold metal. It was seriously just a freaking door but somehow Soonyoung didn’t see it as just a door.

Once he enters that door, that figurative door he’s been overthinking about, he just knew he’d be delving deeper into the lives of his favourite (okay. He likes them. Him. Them. Okay) father and son. He’s frankly not sure if he’s ready to face whatever it was on the other side – or if he’d ever be.

He stared at his door, the call of his own sanctuary beseeching him. He then heavily sighed. His bed was calling out to him. He could practically hear his pillows singing he lie his head on their soft soft soft puffs. Soonyoung was tempted, seriously tempted for a rain check on their dinner date. His fingers itched to code in his passcode already.

The teacher took a tentative step back towards his apartment and paused. He glanced at the Choi’s door and squinted. The door was seemingly mocking him, taunting Soonyoung and his cowardice in facing the father and son he’s admittedly extremely fond of. It was laughing at him. Soonyoung was sure of it. He gave the door an icy glare.

He then stared back at his door. He tilted his head on the side and pursed his lips. He was ing conflicted.

“God give me a sign,” he bemoaned.

And as if hearing his plea, the door to the Choi’s freaking opened! (Huh?) Soonyoung stared at the door, confused. “What the-?”

Chan’s head then popped out, his wide devilish grin greeting Soonyoung. “Soon saem!” the toddler squealed as he ran towards the teacher, tackling his legs with his small tubby hands. Soonyoung laughed and naturally took Chan in his arms, tucking the little demon in his hips. “Hey little dino,” he said, booping his cute button nose. “You’re here! You’re here!” Chan cheered loudly, almost deafening. The teacher grimaced. “Shh,” he told the child. “Inside voice, Choi Chan. Use your inside voice,” he lightly chided. The toddler pouted but obediently nodded his head.

“Hey!” Soonyoung heard Seungcheol’s sweet sweet voice in front of him. He looked up and saw the young dad leaning his entire body on the doorframe. (Soonyoung noticed his biceps deliciously flex. Swoon.) He smiled shyly. “Hi,” he greeted. “I’m sorry I didn’t bring anything,” he said as he came in the Choi’s apartment. “I wasn’t sure what you guys would want for dessert,” he mumbled, suddenly feeling like an idiot for not bringing anything. (He should have brought something! That was the appropriate thing to do when you’re invited over someone’s house after all. Soonyoung wanted to hit his head with a frying pan right about now.) Seungcheol merely laughed and waved off his apology. “No worries,” he told him. “You can bring something when you come over next time,” he said, flashing him his cute gummy smile. (Next time. Okay. Wow. Yeah, he can definitely do that.) Soonyoung smiled at Seungcheol and nodded his head. “Okay then.”

He then noticed Seungcheol was wearing an apron. It was a white apron with black dots on them. (No.) He squinted. They were small black hearts on Seungcheol’s apron. (Hot and cute. Just the way Soonyoung liked them.)

“Nice apron,” he couldn’t help but comment. Seungcheol looked down at his apron and pouted. “Chan picked it out for me,” he said, pouting still. Soonyoung chuckled and patted his chest. “And Chan has good taste,” he remarked, obviously teasing.

Soonyoung then passed through Seungcheol, ignoring the indignant expression on the latter’s face and followed Chan into their living room. It was the same size as his but was obviously decorated differently. His were filled with pictures and figurines he had collected throughout his travels whilst the Choi’s were a perfect mix of the father and son. There were bookcases filled to the brim with numerous books on one side while the other was filled with Chan’s things like toys, dinosaur plushies, and other whatnot. There were also plenty of pictures on their walls. (Soonyoung could even make out Jisoo in one of the many faces in the frames.) Their apartment was definitely homier than Soonyoung’s. His was a combination of a bachelor’s pad and a NEET’s. Seungcheol might faint if he ever saw Soonyoung’s room during examinations. (Definitely a disastrous mess.)

He sat down on their large beige couch (it was soft and comfy like a ing cloud) and watched as the toddler colour his dinosaur colouring book. Seungcheol followed him on the couch and sat beside him, his arm casually resting on the backrest just behind Soonyoung’s head. (Well, talk about intimate.) Soonyoung nervously gulped.

“So what’s for dinner?” Soonyoung asked as he felt awkwardness around them. “Mac N Cheese,” Seungcheol sighed, shaking his head. The teacher looked at him. “What’s wrong with Mac N Cheese?” he asked, brows knitted together. Seungcheol smiled woefully at him. “I’ve cooked differ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter