Chapter 2

Black Sheep
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 2

Jennie look at the girl who is holding her wrist. She was afraid of Jisoo. She don't what to do.

"Help me please." Jisoo cried, Jennie suddenly felt worried. All the frightening feeling inside fades away.

"Jisoo?" She met the girl's eyes and see the changes in Jisoo's eyes. Jisoo was crying again, she see that vulnerable girl again. The one she saw that night.

"Please save me." Jisoo pleaded as she hug Jennie's legs.

 

Jennie was waiting patiently. She keep walking around the room. She was anxious, she never feel this thing towards anyone. But with Jisoo it comes out all natural.

"She is fine. She need some rest. Are you her friend?" Jennie don't know if she will say yes or what. The doctor seems just asking, what with lying a little right? It won't hurt, at least that what she believes.

"I am." Jennie mumble, but able to hear by the doctor. The man smile as he look at Jennie.

"The bell will ring in minutes for dinner, you should head there. You even skip the prayers." Jennie shook her head immediately. She doesn't want to leave Jisoo here. She was afraid that she will not see the girl again. She know how random Jisoo.

"I know you are just concern, but you need to go. What are you doing is against the school rules." Jennie grab the doctor's hand as she plead. She was desperate to stay.

"Please Doctor just let me stay, I want to be here till Jisoo wakes up." The man look at Jennie's hand and back to Jennie.

"Mrs. Yook got a right choice. You can stay. I'll be in my office. There is a button in the room. You can push that if you need any help." Jennie nodded and bow as the doctor leave. Jennie didn't think twice as she enter the room. She see Jisoo sleeping there soundlessly.

She can still remember how Jisoo plead. She don't know what Jisoo even mean of saving her. She wonder if Jisoo want to escape the place. She doesn't know, Jennie knows little things about Jisoo. All she heard about the girl is the negative comments of students here. She never asked those in charge too and those with governance. She want to learn and know Jisoo more, but she don't know how.

Jennie walk to Jisoo's bed and she hold Jisoo's hand. She look at Jisoo's wrists. There is no sign of any trial of killing herself. Jennie wonder what Jisoo is doing with the knife that night. She was all in her deep thoughts when Jisoo wakes up, and looking at her.

"Jisoo, finally you are awake. How are you feeling? You collapsed earlier." Jennie says with concern as she caress Jisoo's hand.

Jisoo was looking at her with those eyes again. She see how vulnerable Jisoo is again. Jennie gave Jisoo a reassuring smile.

"Don't leave me." Jisoo mumble. Jennie nodded and caress Jisoo's cheeks. She can't help, but kiss Jisoo's crown to comfort the girl.

 

"Wow Jennie." Chaeyoung was really amazed as she see Jennie's test paper. It was only Jennie and Jisoo who perfect all the exams. The whole class was all amazed. Jisoo usually perfect the exam, but this new girl? They are amazed. Rumors start spreading that Jisoo and Jennie are study buddies. Jennie don't even say a thing about the issue. Because everything was a lie. But she prefer that than to tell the truth that Jisoo gives her all the answer.

She don't know if that is good or what. Chaeyoung and Lisa keep asking, but she choose not to answer. Jisoo go to school more often now, but they don't talk. Jennie usually makes conversations, but Jisoo is letting it dead. Just some exchanges of few words and will back to dead atmosphere.

 

Jennie was silently reading a book outside their room that afternoon. She was looking at the view outside. Jisoo came with a backpack. She don't see Jisoo the whole day even last night.

"I don't know where you even go." Jennie commented. Jisoo look at her and at the book. Jisoo pull the book making Jennie surprise.

"Why are you reading my book Jennie?" The question was asked rudely, but Jennie ignored it as she love how her name rolled in Jisoo's tongue.

"You call me by my name. All this time I thought you don't even know me." Jennie smile sheepishly. Jisoo shook her head, she don't know why Jennie is even smiling.

"Why are you smiling?" Jisoo asked. Jennie held Jisoo's hand and play with Jisoo's fingers. Jisoo could only look on what the younger girl was doing.

"Jisoo, I know we don't have a good impression for each other, but I want to be your friend. I want to be someone that could understand you." Jennie was trying to send all her messages with eye contact with Jisoo. The latter was looking at her too.

"I don't even need a friend." Jisoo says coldly, and she look away not meeting Jennie's eyes.

"Then be my lover."

"What?" Jennie let go Jisoo's hand. She was shock on what she just say. She fan herself in embarrassment. She failed to notice the small tug in Jisoo's lips.

"What am I even saying? Don't mind me." Jennie says as she run inside the room.

 

Jennie check the time, soon the checker will come around. The next morning is Saturday they all have their time for themselves. Tomorrow is another special day because it's one of the rare day in every two months that they are allowed to leave the place and be back before the clock hit 10 pm.

"What are you planning to do tomorrow?" Jennie look at Jisoo in surprise. Do Jisoo is really talking to her? She can't believe this. Is her mind is playing with her?

"Are you talking to me?" Jennie pointed herself. Jisoo look around and back to Jennie.

"Is there anyone here you see that I don't?" Jisoo asked. Jennie smile as she sat on her bed.

"I am planning to just stay here though. I don't have anything to do outside. I already forgot everything since they sent me here. I will just wait if they visit me. If they have any plan on visiting." Jennie answers honestly. Jisoo was on her bed too wearing her pajamas ready to sleep.

"They are our parents, the one who is supposed to be guiding us with this. But they choose the throw us in a place and let other people take over our life. They are even the reason why we are like this." Jisoo and Jennie never had such conversations. They are just usually arguing, and Jisoo will be vulnerable again.

"Jisoo." The girl look at her. Jennie was looking at the younger girl too.

"I don't know your story and you don't know mine." Jisoo added.

"Does it matter?" Jennie asked still looking at Jisoo and not breaking the staring battle.

"To others it does." Jennie let those words sink in her head first. She don't know what to say, but she still find a word to say.

"For me it doesn't." She answers honestly. She usually does. She always blurt out what's running inside her head.

"But we leave in the world full of expectations." Jisoo fight back. This seems a simple conversation yet pull of meaning it's a low key argument and debate.

"Then forget all about the of the world." A small smirk form in Jisoo's lips. She break the staring game she have with Jennie.

"Isn't that the reason why we are here?" It makes sense. Jisoo was right, but why Jisoo even care right? Jennie wonder.

"This place is the world of the people who others thinks are all ." Another statement that Jennie wouldn't against. Jisoo is good in her words. Jisoo seems so sure with her words, and Jennie just want to listen.

"Would you let me in with your world?" Jennie asked hoping for Jisoo's answer. She was watching Jisoo's reaction. Every thing about the girl's behavior. It seems impossible, but Jennie will always try her luck. Like who will suddenly trust someone just because they are roommates? Especially Jisoo? That's impossible.

"Would you let me?" Another question was asked as answer to her question. Jennie don't know, but she feel to trust Jisoo. She feel like Jisoo is different from anyone. She don't know if it because they share the same place or because this girl is Jisoo herself. Or maybe it was because Jisoo seems mysterious that can keep everything.

The last question seems not needed to be answer because Jisoo seems know the answer already without hearing anything from Jennie.

"Are you even ready to know my world?" A small smile form in Jisoo's lips as she look back ay Jennie. She looks beautiful when she smile, but those eyes tell otherwise. Those brown orbs are full of sorrow and pain. Jennie knows, not because she understands but because she is Jisoo.

"Then get a grip."

 

They have exam again for tomorrow. The whole week is allotted for exam, then it will be end of season. They have two weeks to go home to their family if they want to. They can also stay. Jennie was trying hard to focus, but she just can't especially now that she can feel Jisoo's arms wrap into her shoulder as the girl guide her with pre-calculus problems for their exam.

"You will get the derivative first. This thing is just the same. Like multiplication to division and addition to subtraction. These two works opposite." Jisoo look at Jennie.

"You are not even listening Jennie. I said focus! Is that even hard to understand? You just keep looking at my arms and hands that holding your hands." Jisoo let go of her hands making her frustrated.

"I will be here. Do it yourself and I will check it later." Jisoo says as she sea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter