Final Chapter

Black Sheep
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FINAL CHAPTER

 

There is a loud, slow, steady ticking sound coming from the watch, that lays beside the bed. Morning means another day to face. Another stuffs to settle and another long day to wait.

The consuming white noise of the air conditioner, creates a safe, alone shell. Under the duvet that smells like a newly washed piece of cloth, the conditioner still on it. Hugging the person beside her. Person that became her shoulder to lean on and another pair of leg the day she lost hers.

The sounds of the outside world slip in, the rushing traffic, and honking of horns, that grows and fades like some unwanted infestation pierces through, destroying the illusion that the quietness of the room brings.

The morning light leaking through the gap of the thick navy blue curtain hanging to cover the sliding door that lead to the veranda of the condominium.

The amazing serenity grows again, the beating of the heart same with the ticking of the clock. She close her eyes to open it again the next time. Person hugging her by the waist giving her the warm she lost long time ago. The warm that long gone — twelve years ago to be exact.

The sounds from the next building construction of building float through the room, and it changes the mood into theirs, tired, helpless and nothingness, all directed by the unknown people from the other unconstructed building.

A movement from the other woman, she sigh this is another morning again, and another pain again.

Her eyes shows the coffee brown orbs, showing happiness and hope to her heart which is full of sorrow and pain.

"Good Morning Jen." The woman mumble. Morning breath that she used to, bed hair and bare face. She smile, a small tug that form in her sherbet sweet lips. The woman with the kohl black hair hide behind her ear the strand of the hair. Side by side she face the older woman.

"How was your sleep?" She asked, lately Jennie been having dreams. A dream about a certain girl that she left 12 years ago. Inside that place that act as a rehabilitation for teenagers, but a asylum in disguise. Giving those students medicines that can affect the way they l think making them mentally incapacitated, worst insane.

An evil thing that Jisoo's family did for money to those poor kids, also her, and especially their own child, Kim Jisoo.

She shook her head, she don't want to give the girl named Nayeon a hard time anymore. The girl got enough taking care for her. At least for now she want to deny that she stop dreaming because Nayeon was here, though that won't ever happen.

Showing her eyes smile, she sat up pulling Jennie. The later chuckles as she sat, letting her ebony-black hair plunged through her shoulder. Her hands held by the girl with a smile.

"I'll make a breakfast, get ready for office?" She nodded and hummed as an answer. The woman gave her a sweet kiss, and left going to the kitchen of their unit. As the door closed Jennie look to the empty ceiling.

The ticking of the clock makes her deaf. The ceiling engulfs one, as the patterns around the edge change as the eyes follow and are dazed, she was in dazed again as she think of the other girl. Her first love, up until now she's in love with. She never came back to that place again, she don't know if Jisoo was still there or what? Ever since that day she came back to their house her parents decided to leave the town and go to Cheongdeongnam.

The furniture around the room rises high into cupboards and shelves which stand tall and proud covered in books , the night stand have the clock, lamp and a frame with Jennie and Nayeon smiling happily. The dull coloured curtains same as the dull brown of the floor and the monotonous cream of the walls and ceiling.

Another day for Jennie she don't have any plan because up until now she was afraid and guilty of not telling the authorities of what really happening to that place. She was afraid that Jisoo was gone, and if still there maybe those little promises are just part of their young mind.

"We'll meet again." She heard Jisoo whispering those words on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter