The Play and the Actors

Break but don't Destroy

Jungkook cleared his throat nervously, lifting slightly trembling hands onto the table looking down, not daring to lift his eyes. Jung Hoseak and Taehyung had caught on the slight difference at once and they could not help but wonder anxiously. What would he do?

"I..." Jungkook glanced at his father once, before looking back down at the table. 

"It is a simple question, Jungkook. Can you be one hundred percent certain that these two gentlement were there that night?" Jungkook his lips, and flitted his gaze to his father once more before glancing around the room, unable to meet the gaze of anyone. the entire courtroom noticed and began to stir excitedly. the Jury began to shift in their seats as they noticed the strange continuous glances of the boy to his father.

"Y-yes?" Jungkook said, lifting the word just so that it came across unsure and a little fearful as he glanced once more at his father before gulping and looking down. His father had his hands balled up into fists. he was going to get it tonight. He could not help the full body shudder that overtook him (which was most certainly not part of the act). 

"Why do you keep looking over there. You are avoiding the question." The lawyer for the defense said. 

"OBJECTION!!!"

"Sustanied." the judge said. "I want to know." He explained. "Answer the question, Jungkook. You will not be judged. We just want to know. If those two boys are not the ones you saw, then just tell us."

"I..." Jungkook gulped and shrunk under the death glare that his father was giving him. 

"Those men that you saw on that dreadful night. Are they in the room?" Jungkook nodded, glancing up at the defense attorney timidly from under his bangs before dropping his gaze once more. The Jury leaned forward, everyone hanging on the edge of their seats. They all noticed the change. Something big was about to happen. Biting his lip Jungkook glanced at the lawyer once more.}
"Can you point out who it is?" Jungkook straightened as best he could. His body was trembling and his hands were shaking, it was obvious to everyone that he was anxious and terrified, but trying best to gain confidence. 

"Yeah," he said softly. "I...." He took a deep breath. and then pointed once to his father, and once to the detective, both of which were in the room. "They...They..." Jungkook cleared his throad trying to get the words out as he saw the sudden outbreak of chaos. Taehyung and Jung Hoseak could not believe what they had just heard, but they ensured that their expressions were clear. When they risked a glance at Jungkook they saw it...the potential darkness within him...the lust. Taehyung could not help but his lips in joy at this. He also noticed when they finally got the court room calmed down, the boy instantly reverted to the shy, scared, and shaky state as before as the defense attourney gently prodded him further.

"What happened? Will you tell us?" He asked softly, using a soothing tone, or trying to. 

"Go ahead, Jungkook, it is okay." The Judge conforted. Jungkok cleared his throat and straightened his back, playing with his fingers as he answered his quickly spun story. 

"I wasn't meant to know anything. But...Father and him had been together more and more recenetly. At first I though maybe they were becoming friends, or perhaps lovers? I heard some sounds in father's room that were rather questionable. I asked father about it but he denied everything. I heard the noises though. He got all defensive and angry. I...I didn't want to get him more mad so I just dropped the subject. But-but they were still together all of the time."

"When did they start hanging out together?"

"About six months ago?" Jungkook questioned. Taehyung and Jung Hoseak instantly realized that the boy was covering for everything they have done in the past six months and they could not help but wonder....how did he know? "It was right after the new kids came to town. Father told me not to talk to them, or even look at them. Apparently they had a bad rep at their last school or something. I think they ended up having to move because they got suspending for fighting. I didn't question him. but...then things started to happen. I was thinking maybe father was right and they were dangerous, but a couple of weeks ago I overheard Father and him talking. I wasn't supposed to be home. I...I was running late to school that day, but I overheard them talking about how-how...f-fun i-it was." Jungkook's eyes started to tear up. "I-I the-they se-seemed so h-happy about it. And s-so I realized that they h-ha-had b-be-been do-doing things. Wh-when they found out th-that I-I knew th-they warned me not to tell." Jungkook inhaled deeply and wiped his eyes trying to keep the tears at bay. "I was worried they might do something to me so I listened. But, when they built a case around Taehyung and-and Jung Hoseak I realized that they were trying to cover their tracks. I-I was told to-to tes-testify against the defense. I was scared and so I-I a-a-agreed. B-but then...I...They don't deserve to go to-to jail if...when they weren't the ones who-who did anything. An-and so-so I-I..." Jungkook couldn't he broke down crying tears streaming down his face as his father and the dective that lead the case lunged at him at once. The judge quickly regained order and both Jungkook's father and the Detective were detained until the Jury returned.

Jungkook's father was convicted that day. as was the detective. Jungkook was led out of the courtroom with pats on the back, and 'well done's and 'you did the right thing's. But it just struck Jungkook. he was 15. He did not have parents or family so where....

"I think it is only fair. After all, it is only because Jungkook was brave enough to speak up that we were not convicted wrongly." Jungkook glanced forwards. Taehyung and Jung Hoseak were talking to reporters and camera men, news anchors. 

"Without Jungkook, both of us would be on the way to prisons right now for things we had nothing to do with. I was hoping perhaps that the law would side with the right, and lead to effective justice, knowing that we were innocent. But, the entire case had us nervous. us and our family. Thing were not looking good. But, what else can you expect from someone who led a case and who prosecutes cases. Since Jungkook bravely stood up for us when we needed it at the expense of himself it is only fair that we take him in as a thank you."

Jungkook's heart stopped. Wait...

WHAT???