Begin

Break but don't Destroy

Junkook liked to believe things could get better. He loved to hope that maybe one day....maybe someday...but that was when he was 13. He was not that naive 13 year old anymore. So when he came home to the whiskey bottles littering the floor, and the psychotic laughter of his father (who he was convinced was secretly some serial killer, because that laughter was just insane creepy) he was not surprised. Nor was he hoping for anything less after a good 8 hours at school having to deal with learning equations and dealing with merciless bullies shoving him about like a rag doll that was theirs to mess with endlessly. 
To be honest, Jungkook was 15 now. He had not been that naive 13 year old for two years, and the hope that maybe his father would get better, stop drinking so much, and stop being a fat pain in his rear had long ago diminished. Why hope when, to be honest, there was not much to really hope FOR? He was not expecting anything less from his piece of crap father, and he had learned that the hard way.
He had tried. Of course at first he had always tried. But the thing was that it eventually became too much. he had school to at least try to pass. he could not simply fail out. School was his biggest hope. It also helped that he genuinely enjoyed learning. Maybe he did not enjoy the people at shcool, but he did quite like school in and off itself. He was quite intelligent, and incredibly clever. it was the only thing that he had about him. He was not exactly the best looking guy, and needless to say, when there were six guys that practically ran the school...and everything if you wanted to really face facts, Jungkook knew full well that his only redeeming quality was his intelligence and capability to read people well.

Which really was not his if you thought about it. He only learned to read people when his father started going down the void of swirly brown liquid. Than again, he had learned long ago just to become apathetic to everything that the so called 'wonderful man and best asset the justice system has in this comminuty' did. 

Then again, Jungkook scoffed to himself within the safe bars of his mind. The man could hardly do anything without that. I cannot believe he has managed to keep his rep up. Jungkook sighed heavily as he began emptying out the half day old bottles of disgusting bitter fluids. I mean, I get that being a lawyer is hard, but he is a lawyer for the justice system in a town that literally nothing happens. Sure, Seoul is big and all that, but when was the last time he actually had a case that didn't involve petty theft? Not for a good four or five years now. Because nothing happens.

It was not like it was a secret that stuff was beginning to happen though. Jungkook knew that ever since those six newbies at school came into the picture a lot of stuff had been going on. Not right when they moved to Seoul of course, but relatively soon after. It was not that difficult to connect to the dots. Unless you are utterly useless like...oh...the people employed in the justice system in this pathetic city. 

Okay, so maybe Jungkook had a bit of resentment. Maybe he had not quite gotten over it. Still, it had little to do with anything. He was not looking for a fight, and he did not want any more trouble than he already got daily at school, and home. So....thanks but no. 
Jungkook had not even SEEN those 6 kids that just started school at Seoul Academy for the Advanced. Stupid name for a school. The thought flew through his mind before he really thought about it, as he threw the bottles that he had gathered into the dumpster. He could hear the crash of a good three or four cases of glass bottles shattering into shards of sharp glass. He agreed wtih the stataement though. it made it sound as though everyone who went there were pretentious pricks. They kind of are though. Once more Jungkook agreed with his brain. Most of the people that did attend that school were simply trying to one up everyone else. Jungkook may be competative, but he refused to lower himself so much that he competed with a bunch of moronic s, who would likely do nothing with their pathetic lives other than sitting behind a desk and....well....doing nothing with themselves. More than likley quite a few of them would soon end up like his dear old papa. Whatever. Jungkook actually planned on making something of himself. he was just not sure yet.

Jungkook walked back into the house, wiping his hands on his pants. They were simple blue jeans and not much to look at, but Jungkook had never cared much for keeping up appearances anyways. He noticed someone looking at him from across the street. their faces hidden within the shadows. Jungkook narrowed his eyes at him and gave him the gesture. Basically telling him nonverbally to off. He did not need judgy eyes on him. The other may have been halfway hidden by darkness but it was obvious that he was shocked at his audacity. Jungkook rolled his eyes and entered the house once more. The house was ratty,  tattered and....well falling apart. Jungkook cared little for that. in fact the cleanest room in the entire house was his own, and only because he refused to live in such a dump. Since his room where were he intentionally spent most of his time, he figured that was a good place to keep clean. Let his dear daddy live in a hole. Jungkook at least had SOME pride within his pathetic being.

He walked into his father's room. Upon looking into the decrepit place, he noticed his father was essentially passed out. Or at least, he was until Jungkook entered the room to turn off the blaring tv that was grating on his ears. At that point the man conviently woke up.
fuuuuuddddggeeemufffiiiinnns. Jungkook knew that this could not be good. the man narrowed his eyes at him. Apparently he thought it made him look intimidating. And sure, it did, but Jungkook was not about to admit such things.

As fast as Jungkook's youthful self could (which was much faster than a mid thirties male who was drunk off his could) he rushed out of the room, and out of the house. Heaving a breath he bent forwards, placing his palms on his thighs to steady his heart. Until the tingling of glass hitting the front door sent him off. 

No way am I staying here to risk getting caught and thrashed. no thanks. I think I will pass. It would not be the first time Jungkook had made the mistake of staying to try and calm his father down, but lately he had simply taken to running away from the slug of a human being. Besides. It was comforting on the streets. The streets were...dangerous naturally. Of course they were, but Jungkook had not really been messed with (at least not too badly) and so he still felt safer on the streets at the dead of night, than he did at home in the dead of night.

Who would really blame him though? With a father as pathetic as his?

The cool air whipped Jungkook's hair out of his face as he walked forwards, not caring much for the cold that caused goosebumps to lift on his bare arms. He ignored the chill that slowly seeped through his clothes. 

He wandered around. Normally he would walk through the better streets of town, but he was feeling dumb and stupid tonight. It would not be the first night that he had witnesed violence in the darker more dreary parts of Seoul. But it would be the first time he had witnessed a murder on the dark and dreary parts of Seoul.
Now, Jungkook liked to think that he was sort of...at least a little bit immuned to the violence that premates humanity like a plague. Think of his father and his rather constant visit to prisons when he was younger to become 'exposed to violence' you would think that he would be at least someone understanding of the violence in humans. It baffled him sometimes, but at other times it really did not. It depended on the day he supposed.
But to see this....it was...it was worse than anything that Jungkook had ever seen.

He undoubtedly believed that the man had done something wrong to deserve death. And from the people surrounding the trembling huddle of human flesh crouched on the floor before those draped in dark black cloaks, effectively blending them and their surroundings together....making it impossilbe to see much of the scene before them...it seemed as though the man had done some pretty nasty things. Not that Jungkook cared much. That was not what shocked him. What shocked him was the blade digging across the dirt of humanity's throat. It...was not what he had expected. It shocked him, and he was not used to being shocked. The chilling laughter clinked like icecubes in a glass in Jungkook's mind, and he stared at the scene before in in horror. He had never witnessed murder. Yes he had been witness to many acts of violence. Yet, the sheer pleasure that these men had in the slow death of the dirt before their feet caused his very bones to freeze in disbelief. 
It was then that they turned, straight into Jungkook's line of sight. Jungkook's self-preservation of fight or flight kicked in at that moment, when they ripped their hoods off, and Jungkook saw their faces in perfect clarity. Considering he had just witnessed them murdering another human, Jungkoko was definitely not going to FIGHT them. So....flight it was.

And he ran. He kept running, heart racing in torment as his body shivered from something other than the cold. Something dangerous. He continued running, using his athletic side and putting it to some good use.
He stopped himself near a small conviencence store, and there he sat, on the curb, for the rest of the night. Even when the cops came and found him...even when they asked him questions. 

What happened?

What did you see?

Could you describe them? And the biggest one that came later that day.

Would you testify in court.

It actually surprised Jungkook. He nodded yes without really knowing what he was agreeing to. Without really thinking of the consequence. 

Three days later, Jungkook was facing the court. he was in his black tee shirt, and blue jeans, bored as hell. He had also had a lot of time to think about it and, why not? After all they had killed someone...they deserved to go to jail.

And that was when something suddnely struck Jungkook. Something that would...well it would change EVERYTHING.