Hangover soup and odd mornings

Three Times is Fate
Please log in to read the full chapter

I didn’t imagine for the life of me that one day I’d spend breakfast with Oh Sehun and in my house at that, with my friends, while I was burning him with my gaze. Those traitors. He didn’t have the right to eat the food I cooked after what he said and did to me, but I still cooked for him. Okay, that was unavoidable. Plus, as a courtesy of him being my boss, there was a part of me that was objective enough to think it would be rude to treat him so poorly.

So, here I was on the breakfast table, keeping my lips in a straight line while I watched Haesoo happily push Oh Sehun down to a chair. He looked troubled and reluctant because Haesoo was acting so friendly with him, but as soon as his eyes landed on mine, he schooled his expression and looked at me with a passive look. Always the best at hiding his emotions. Wow.

“Help yourself,” Haesoo told him with a smile and brought a glass of water and some painkillers in front of him.

But instead of thanking her and taking it, he just looked at the glass of water and painkillers as if it offended him. “I’m—“

He was cut off by Haesoo saying, “oh, honey, the painkiller will not move on its own if you don’t take it. Here,” she shook some tablets of painkiller onto her palm from the bottle and shoved it in front of him. He leaned back a little, taken aback by her attitude. But she pushed it towards him again and urged him to take it. “Com’on, it won’t bite you.” I snorted, seeing how troubled he looked as he took it from her while mouthing a soft, awkward “thank you” before warily drinking it with water.

“There. You did great!” Haesoo slapped his back in utter glee upon seeing him gulp the entire thing in one go, causing for him to almost spit out what he just consumed. I forced myself not to laugh at how comical that just looked. “Now, eat! That hangover soup is the best you’ll ever have. Seoyeon makes the best hangover soup, you know!” She eagerly pushed a medium sized bowl with soup in it in front of him and placed a spoon in his hand.

“Now, that we’re watching this, I feel sorry for him,” I was reminded of Sojin’s presence when she whispered to me with mirth in her eyes. We were next to each other while Oh Sehun was across with his mother—I mean, Haesoo—standing next to him. “Haesoo’s like an overbearing mother right now. I haven’t seen her this eager before with any of our guests.”

“But we haven’t had any guest in a while,” I pointed out.

“Right.” She laughed. “He’s the first in a while. Of all people, it’s him. I can’t believe we were just badmouthing him last night while drunk.” She totally forgot to whisper the last part that she managed to grab Oh Sehun’s attention and now he was looking back and forth at Sojin and I as I slapped a hand over .

I forced out a laugh, saying, “why don’t you start eating, Mr. Oh? The food will get cold if you don’t.” I didn’t mean it, but I had to also pretend to be nice to get rid of him as soon as I could.

His gaze remained on my face as I stretched my mouth to a wide smile. Why was he looking at me for so long? I didn’t know, but I didn’t care too. Gladly, he didn’t say a word about what Sojin let slip and just nodded. I glared at Sojin for being so tactless before letting her go, but she just gave me a sheepish smile.

We started eating while having the occasional talks about our agenda for the day while sometimes forgetting that Oh Sehun was there. It just came out so naturally to us to talk while eating and laughing, but sensing the intense gaze that was on me, I couldn’t help but take secret peeks at Oh Sehun who had just started eating after much contemplation. He was still looking at me when I last peeked, so I did my best to ignore him. Because for whatever reason he was looking at me, I didn’t really want to know about it.

What little I knew about Oh Sehun was that he was born rich and he must have had his own professional chefs at home to cook for him, that I didn’t expect him to eat everything that we served him. But he did, and without saying any biting remark about the cheap ingredients. I was so surprised at his quietness the entire time and how properly behaved he was that I was starting to question whether he was really my boss. That same boss that ordered around like a slave and let his minions do the same too.

“Sorry for waking you up like that a little unceremoniously a while back,” Haesoo told him. He looked at her and nodded without a word. I raised a brow, wondering what was wrong with him that he didn’t even talk a word now that he was at my house.

She leaned closer to him despite his indifference. He leaned back, looking uneasy at the small gap between them. Somehow looking at him look that troubled made me feel satisfied that I couldn’t hide the smirk on my lips. “It’s just surprising to find Oh Sehun in our humble abode. I never imagined such a thing to happen.” Now, that caught his attention. He raised a brow at her, wondering.

You see, when I brought him home because I didn’t have a choice but to, I left him on the couch after much contemplation. I was only a girl and couldn’t really carry his heavy weight to my room that I did the first thing that came to mind when I saw the couch. He was longer than the thing, but who cares? I didn’t have to make him comfortable. He didn’t make anything easier for me since I started working for him, anyway. So, I just left him there with a blanket over him and strode to my room to get some sleep.

I had a hard time falling asleep, however, that as I was just about to go to a deeper state of slumber, the loud thud I heard from outside my room made me abruptly jolt up from bed. I was thinking that he might have accidentally fallen from the couch that I hurriedly came out of my room only to find Oh Sehun splayed on the floor with a bewildered look on his face as he was staring at a grinning Haesoo that was crouched in front of him.

Haesoo was, for some reason, fascinated at seeing him that I even had to save him when she just kept smiling at him like a creep while asking him nonsensical questions. Really, that girl. I could tell she was being overly enthusiastic because she was nosy and he just so happen to be a good looking guy—just stating a fact here. The girl had extreme weakness for such.

“True,” Sojin commented, all the hostility from last night gone. What happened to them calling him a jerk? Were they really my friends from last night? I shook my head, stabbing my pancake. “You only used to hang out with your soccer buddies in college. Those popular kids? We can’t even compare to you guys. We’re just your typical college students who only thought of striving hard to survive. We blend perfectly well with the crowd that’s why pro

Please log in to read the full chapter