two

Burnt Orange
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The prosecutor walked past the tall and intimidating iron gates of their English manor house as the warm wind hit his face in a sudden gush. He looked up to find the perpetual skies buckled with white clouds and they flared up in an incandescent, neon-blue. There was a fearless gleam in his eyes as he continued to walk on ahead valorously. 

 

The couple arrives with an air of nobility, looking almost aristocratic.

 

His pair of dark orbs never leaves the two of them, their hands are intertwined as they graciously make their way down the grand oak staircase that leads to the refined living room of the mansion. He thinks it feels like he’s watching the opening of a movie, the kind of love story that he would contempt because it’s (they are) way too cliché, too unreal and too irrevocably beautiful.

 

The delicate woman, dressed in a white lace dress, exudes such elegance and gracefulness as her soft porcelain skin glows under the golden rays of sunlight that stream through the glass windows, and her wavy brown tresses ripple down her back like a dark, glimmering waterfall.

 

“Good morning, You must be Prosecutor Oh who spoke to us on the phone earlier?” She greets politely and asks in a melodic voice, offering him a whimsical little smile. “I’m Yoona and this is my fiancé.”

 

His eyes then instinctively divert themselves towards the taller guy by her side. The indifferent man in his all black attire has a rather cold and conceited demeanour. He is finely garbed in an Armani black shirt, with his jet-black hair handsomely slicked back, and his perfectly-sculptured face is complemented by a pair of vivid deep eyes.

 

“Yes, please call me Sehun. Thank you for having me here, it’s very nice to meet the two of you.” He introduces himself before extending his hand out for a handshake.

 

As the man takes his hand firmly, he notices that his sharp, piercing eyes scintillated a mysteriously dark glint. 

 

“Kim Myungsoo.”

 

“Please have a seat.” Yoona’s kind smile never falters as she gestures Sehun to sit down on the exquisitely-crafted antique sofa.

 

“First and foremost, this is not a formal questioning. I am here just to find out and obtain more details regarding the missing case of Jessica Jung.” Sehun explains judiciously, with lucidity in his tone. “Please tell me about your relationship with her.”

 

“We don’t know her.” Myungsoo utters grimly, but not lacking any clarity in his voice.

 

“Yes, we only know her as an acquaintance of Jongin.” With empathy in her eyes, she elaborates. “Even though the two of us do not know her personally, we are really saddened by such an unfortunate event.”

 

Sehun nods and focuses his attention back on Myungsoo. “We have received information that you were following Jessica Jung on the day she was last spotted.”

 

Yoona stares speechlessly, visibly shocked at the revelation.

 

“Where did you get your information from?”

 

“Your brother, Kim Jongin.”

 

A tense silence surrounds them as nobody makes a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter