V. Suspicions and Confessions

Someone's Watching You

Her arms automatically wrapped around the singer as she stared quietly at the glinting object. Her eyes never wavering from the needle; her senses alerting her that cameras were directed at her. 

 

Something is about to happen. 

 

"Hey Dahyun! Aren't you enjoying being in the arms of your idol too much?!" Chaeyoung jokingly said as she let out a bark of laughter "Let her breathe a little bit dude. Don't you think that's a little bit too tight?"

 

Dahyun chuckled awkwardly, still not wanting to inform them of the danger unless absolutely necessary. 

 

She sees the glint of the needle once again in her peripheral. She sees it move; her movie moving before her mind as she twists herself to take the hit instead of Sana. 

 

The whoops and hollers of the other seven girls were left unnoticed as she felt the needle pierce the side of her back. Her face flushed as the feeling of cameras disappeared, bringing with them the sense of imminent danger. 

 

Cameras will only turn on when something is about to happen. Got it. 

 

"Dahyunnie? Are you okay?"

 

Dahyun was brought back by the sound of Sana's inquisition. Her eyes suddenly locking on to the hazel brown orbs of the Minatozaki Sana.  

 

She sent a smile to the older singer and helped her up from the position the younger singer put her in. A slight pose, depicting a scene after a couple have danced a waltz in which the person should've dipped their partner slightly, the hand supporting the head with the other securing the waist. 

 

"That was such a cute display from Dubs, wasn't it hunny bun?" Jeongyeon said, giving her girlfriend a peck on the top of her head. "Jeongie! I can't believe you haven't recruited her yet! You're wasting such talent!" Nayeon whined, but nontheless burrowing herself further into Jeongyeon. 

 

"Thank you so much for that wonderful performance Dahyun-chan!" Momo said excitedly, bouncing on the balls of her feet. 

 

Dahyun pulled slightly away from her position at Sana's side to do a quick bow towards her newfound friends. 

 

"Thank you so much guys! I really appreciate it." Dahyun said, albeit a bit shyly, her hands grasping locks of her hair to cover her face. 

 

"Kawaii" she heard Sana mumble beside her. Which caused Dahyun to try and pull her hair more to try and cover her face, trying to hide the blush the was slowly creeping. 

 

"Alright guys!" Jihyo's voice boomed "I think it's about time we get some food into our stomachs, yeah?"

 

Everyone voiced their agreement in various shouts of "Yes!" "Can I have some jokbal?" "Finally, food!"

 

The group mindlessly chatted as they exited the room, singing praises about the younger's talent, not noticing Sana and Dahyun, nor how the Japanese pulled the Korean back when she was about to follow them out. 

 

"We need to talk." Sana said indignantly. Her eyes seemingly boring into the soul of the piano prodigy. 

 

"That can wait later Sana, please" Dahyun begged. Trying to pull her towards the others. 

 

"Don't you lie to me Kim Dahyun!" Sana suddenly shouted "I saw you wince when you suddenly changed our positions." The idol pulled her arm away from the younger's hold, opting to put both arms across her chest. 

 

"You don't need to hide anything from me Dahyunnie. Please."

 

Dahyun sighed. 

 

I can't believe I'm actually considering this. 

 

"Alright. But please don't... don't try to rea-"

 

The feeling of cameras suddenly came back. Prompting Dahyun to stumble upon her words. Not wanting to get caught, and probably put more danger to herself and her idol, she opted to switch the topic swiftly. 

 

"Come on Sana! Let's go eat first!" Dahyun suddenly said. Her personality changing from the cautious person from before to the bubbly and cheerful tofu that everyone knew. Giving Sana a backhug she whispered. 

 

"Trust me. Please. Someone is watching us"

 

~~~

 

Locking the door behind her, Sana swiftly turned around to face the pale girl who was now playing with the fabric of her shirt in nervousnes. 

 

"Tell me everything. Now"

 

Dahyun flinched. Not used seeing the usual happy-go-lucky Sana school her face into a much more serious look; eyes boring into hers, hands on her waist, pressed into a thin line. 

 

The pale girl took a deep breath and exhaled. Her hands reaching out to take Sana's into her own; eyes downcast. 

 

"Keep calm first, Sana chan. I don't want you too worked up over this. But since you're about to know..." Dahyun looked up, finally making eye contact with the brunette. "Help me keep the others safe."

 

Sana's eyebrows scrunched up as she tilted her head slightly to the right. "Keep them safe? What do you mean?"

 

The younger of the two squeezed Sana's hand tight. 

 

"I have... a special talent. I can feel it when cameras are and are pointed near me. I know their general direction, where it's at."

 

Dahyun's hands started trembling, causing Sana to pull her across the room to their shared bed. Patting the space next to where she is now sat, she gestured for the younger one to continue. Opting to stay silent for the meantime. 

 

"When Chaeng and I first came here, I felt cameras near the entrance. I didn't think much of it at first. Of course I wouldn't! They said there aren't any cameras here. It was supposed to be secluded and safe. I thought it was too, until today."

 

Dahyun told Sana everything. From waking up, feeling the camera, getting her first wound from the first needle. She rolled up the sleeves of her shirt to show the thin line that resulted from it. 

 

Sana then forced Dahyun to turn around and take her top off; despite the paler girl's protests. 

 

Luckily, Dahyun managed to excuse herself in between the dinner to go and remove the needle. So it is nicely bandaged up, although still a bit bloody. 

 

"Dahyun... this is dangerous"

 

"I know Sana, I know."

 

Sana suddenly pulled Dahyun into a hug. 

 

"You're not alone anymore. You don't have to do it by yourself. I'm here for you"