III. Scratches

Someone's Watching You

Waking up in the morning with a sore body was NOT how Dahyun expected her first morning at El Chambre to be like. 

 

The night before, after a few minutes of constant bickering, they finally have sorted out their room assignments by the use of drawing lots. 

 

Momo, Sana, and Dahyun shared the biggest bedroom much to the complaint of Chaeyoung. 

They not only had the biggest room, but they had the floor all to themselves. 

 

"Dahyun-unnie! You can't just take the biggest room for yourself and get both Sana and Momo!" The shorter girl grumbled. Her arms crossed across her chest. "Why complain when you get the girl you've had a crush on for years share a room with you." Everyone in the room laughed after seeing the cub's face flush red with embarassment. 

 

As was mentioned, Chaeyoung shared one of the smaller rooms with Miyoui Mina. While Jihyo and Tzuyu shared the room adjacent to them on the floor below where Dahyun and the other's stayed at. 

 

"Tzuyu! I hit the jackpot! Aren't you happy spending the next month with me?" Jihyo squealed, her arms encircling Tzuyu with a hug. "Ofcourse unnie! Please take care of me~ I'll be sure to behave."

 

While one of the last few unoccupied rooms was shared by the lucky couple Nayeon and Jeongyeon. Theirs was beside Mina and Chaeyoung's room. 

 

"Aw~ Would you look at that bunny? We're fated~" Jeongyeon said, her arms encircling Nayeon.

 

Dahyun stretched her arms and looked over to her left to see Sana sleeping soundly. Her right arm draped over the now burning tofu. Momo was beside Sana and was also cuddling the latter. 

 

Dahyun didn't get that much sleep last night. She woke up when she felt someone, or something, blowing air unto her face. It felt weird. The air was extremely cold and caused her skin to break out into goosebumps. 

 

She can still vaguely remember a presence right beside her bed in her drowsy state. A cold sensation leaving its mark right on her arm. But before she could fully awaken hersef, she fell right back asleep when Sana wrapped her arm around her; lulling her back to her dreams. 

 

Now wide awake, Dahyun could feel herself shiver. She was sure that they weren't alone. It couldn't have been the wind. Even if the windows were left open, there will be no way that the wind could feel that... that solid. 

 

Stretching her body, she gently nudged the two Japanese awake. "Sana... wake up. It's already morning. Momo... come on~" she whined, trying to rouse the two Japanese up. The smell of breakfast slowly wafted up to their room. That basically woke them right up. 

 

The Japanese quickly stretched and went downstairs. Sana and Momo pulled at each other trying to outrun the other, their sleepiness quickly fading. 

 

"Yah Momo! Don't push me!"

 

"Sana! Hurry! There's food!"

 

They left the Korean alone in the room. Dahyun's face dazed and confused. Slowly chuckling , she rose herself up. 

 

The hair on her arms suddenly rose up. She could feel a camera on her. Isn't this resort supposed to be private? 

 

Dahyun has the ability to sense cameras. Right now, she can sense multiple on her. She looked around, hoping to find the source. 

 

"Dahyun! Food's ready! Get down already!" 

 

She immediately stopped looking for the camera and went downstairs. The feeling never faded. 

 

Maybe it was just nothing...

I'm probably just thinking too much...

 

"Hi guys! How was your sleep?"

 

Dahyun exclaimed as she plopped herself unto the chair in front of Sana. The table was already occupied by the other Japanese and the lone Taiwanese. The other Koreans are sprawled across the sofa. 

 

"Dude! The beds are soft. Like, literally soft! I can lay on it all day." Chaeyoung said beside her "We should save up for a mattress like this"

 

"Girls! Eat up. Don't expect this to be delicious. I can't cook." Jeongyeon said 

 

Her dad might be a chef, but what she said was right. Dahyun can't forget the number of times her and Chaeyeong were made to taste her dishes. 

 

She made a face which did not go unnoticed by Chaeyeong, making the latter laugh. "Hey! I improved... I think." Jeongyeon said, a blush creeping up her face. "Aw, babe, it's fine. I'll still eat your cooking." Nayeon said, snuggling closer to her girlfriend. 

~~~

After eating, the girls are now huddled together infront of the television. Watching a show that the three Japanese guested in before they entered the raffle. 

 

Chaeyeong, seemingly too immersed in the show, suddenly exclaimed "Dahyun! Aren't they too good?! They're too good!"

 

"Well, thank you!" 

 

Chaeyeong whipped her head towards the voice so fast her hair nearly hitting Dahyun who was right beside her. 

 

Momo smiled cheekily and said "So I guess you're a fan?"

 

Chaeyeoung nodded and clung unto Dahyun, her cheeks burning. "She is too." While pointing at the latter. 

 

The three Japanese laughed and thanked them.  The banter continued until after the show ended and they retreated to their own rooms. 

 

"Dahyunnie~ Momo and I are going to the gym. We're walking out. We're visiting the gym"

 

Dahyun nodded and went to their shared bedroom. The feeling returned. 

 

Her hair went up and goosebumps rose over her body. She looked around, her eyes darting around every corner. She was sure

 

Her gut feeling never failed her before 

 

She felt someone behind her. She quickly turned around but not before feeling something graze her arm. 

 

No one was behind her, but there was something that wasn't there before. 

 

Scratches. Scratches are there on her arm. One long red thin line on her. 

 

Someone was here.