IV. Music Room

Someone's Watching You

Scratches? How did I get scratches?!

 

Dahyun was panicking. She didn't know where she got these from. More specifically, who.

 

She doubts a person can just vanish into thin air that quickly. Her eyes darted around quickly while she felt her heart thump erraticaly.

 

Thump. Thump. Thump... the thumping of her heart seems louder in the empty room. Dahyun feels herself break out into a sweat; although she is standing still. 

 

Take deep breaths Dahyun-ah. Calm yourself before Sana and Momo returns. Keep them safe. Don't let them worry. 

 

She was still sweating. But with her now calm demeanor, she finally had the time to assess her surroundings. She closed her eyes and tried to feel for any cameras. 

 

None. 

 

They must've turned it off 

 

Dahyun mused to herself. She tries thinking logically. Manuevering herself from the center of the room to their bed. She promptly sat on the edge, clasping her hands together.

 

No person can do move that fast. No one

 

She raises her head to look at the ceiling when something caught her eye. A needle. No thicker than her finger. 

 

It was lodged on the ceiling. Its length partially swallowed by the wood. Dahyun let out an audible gulp, then calmly exhaled.

 

She reached her right arm out as if to reach it, her left supporting her weight as she leaned back.  Right at that moment, the door swung open revealing a smiling Chaeyoung; which, in turn, caused Dahyun to lose her balance and fall down on the bed. 

 

Chaeyoung, still oblivious to the previous events that transpired, quickly dragged Dahyun out of the room and into the living room. 

 

"Dahyun! You need to play for the J-Trinity!" Chaeng said excitedly. Dahyun allowed hereslef to be dragged to the room, only to find the other residents of the resort have already gathered. 

 

"Dahyun-chan! I heard you were a music major?" Sana said. Her arms clinging on to the pale arms of the person she called. "Chaeyoung said some... interesting things. "

 

Dahyun... chan?! Did Sana just call me Dahyun-chan?! I must be dreaming. Calm down tofu! Calm down... Wait...

 

Dahyun shot a glare towards her best friend which caused the small cub to raise both her arms in surrender. "They asked. I answered. I didn't do anything wrong" she ended with a shrug. 

 

"Dont blame her Dahyun-ah! We were curious about your perfect pitch that's all..." Momo said, giving Dahyun her best puppy dog eyes "Then we found out you were a music major through Jeongyeon, and when we asked what your goal was, Chaeng answered"

 

Sana proceeded to fully hug the now blushing tofu after Momo explained. "Thank you, Dahyun-chan~" The singer said, placing a chaste kiss on her kiss. 

 

Again with that Dahyun-chan! And that kiss! Holy . Did I die?

 

The tofu combed her hair with her fingers and let out a sigh. Her head tilting downwards in hopes of hiding the now evident blush.  "Alright then. Do they have a piano here somewhere? I'll play the latest piece I made"

 

"Made for Sana" Chaeyoung added quickly before dashing away to get away from the now struggling tofu held down by the mentioned. 

 

"Calm down Dahyun-chan. " Sana said. Somehow, surprisingly, calming down the raging tofu. 

 

Jihyo and Nayeon, being the first to discover the music room, led the way. Followed by the no-jam brother who were wasting no time catching up on the events. 

 

Momo, Mina, and Tzuyu followed, sharing stories about where they came from and how Korea was a bit different from what they were used to. 

 

Sana and Dahyun were last in line. Dahyun, after the events that transpired in their room, still wary about their surroundings. Meanwhile, Sana is giddy about having a song made especially for her by none other than the cutie beside her. 

 

~~~

 

"Alright everyone. Take your seats." Dahyun announced. Making herself situated in front of the piano before her. 

 

"Mind if I sit beside you?"

 

Dahyun looked beside her to see Sana; her face illuminated by the light above, making her look like an angel. A small smile graced her features, and her hazel eyes soft with admiration for the younger. 

 

She's beautiful

 

"Of...Of course! This is for you anyway! Please don't be too disappointed"

 

Sana merely let out a laugh and sat beside the younger. 

 

Dahyun can hear the snickers of the other people in the room, and the sound of Chaeyoung whispering to the others about her crush on the Japanese girl sitting beside ber. 

 

She took a deep breath and started to play. Her eyes closed as she let the rhythm course through her body. Her fingers danced across the keys to generate a medley of notes that captured her inner most feelings. 

 

She heard everyone in the room quiet down. Even the, as she heard from Jeongyeon, loud mouthed Nayeon was silent. 

 

Everything was going well until Dahyun felt that eerie feeling of a camera on them. She tried to ignore it, she really did. But she felt that something was about to go wrong. 

 

Finish the song Dahyun-ah. Don't let them worry. You can figure it out by yourself. 

 

She let out a breath of air and tried to calm her racing heart. Forcing herself to finish the piece. 

 

I feel more than one camera. Why is there more here? What's with the music room? 

 

As soon as her fingers pressed on the final key, she opened her eyes to look at Sana. She gave her a soft smile, but turned around when she heard the others in the room burst into applause. 

 

Calm down Dahyun-ah. They don't know what's happening. Better to keep it that way until you're sure there's danger. 

 

She jokingly stood up and offered her hand to the singer beside her; which Sana obviously took. They bowed to the "audience" in front of them which were singing praises at Dahyun. 

 

Calm down. Keep them safe. 

 

Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung looked the proudest. They knew the tofu was talented... but they have never heard her play her own piece that was not an assignment. 

 

Everyone else was close to tears, especially Jihyo and Nayeon, who had the utmost respect of the music industry. 

 

Dahyun smiled and bowed again, saying her thanks to her new found friends. With the praises she was receiving she almost forgot about the feeling she got when she was playing. 

 

Almost. 

 

It's still here. They're still looking at us. Where is it?

 

She was still smiling and laughing bit her eyes were roaming around the room. Looking for anything suspicious. 

 

Sana made Dahyun face her, then pulled her into a hug, which surprised everyone. 

 

"Thank you for this Dahyun-chan! When we get out of here, I'll make sure to use your piece in my next album! I'll compose the lyrics myself. I won't let anyone else touch this."

 

Dahyun let out the widest grin before she saw something glinting in the wall she was facing. 

 

Oh no.