I. Raffle

Someone's Watching You

"Dahyun! Hurry!"

 

Dahyun mentally sighed, putting her music sheets to the side

 

"They're about to announce the winners!"

 

Dahyun exited her room to head over to where the nuisance, Son Chaeyoung was.

 

Son Chaeyoung is a rather free-spirited artist. She made a name for herself on campus with the unique twists she gives her artwork. Surprises are the main aspect of her art, as well as her person. She does what she wants, when she wants to; doing her best to achieve her goal. 

 

She's already pretty popular in her own right. So Dahyun isn't really sure why the younger girl would prefer to spend more time with the campus music nerd than the other, more known, students on campus. 

 

Waving to Dahyun, Chaeyoung patted the space next to her on the couch "Just in time!" she says, smiling to the pale person beside her. Chaeyoung, being who she is, managed to convince her older companion to join the raffle with promises of a supposed "good time" and wouldn't take no for an answer; forcing, though she would say otherwise, her roommate to enter their names to the raffle.

 

Directing their eyes to the screen, they could see the announcer getting himself ready. A see-through box filled nearly to the brim with slips of paper, obviously containing names, was placed on top of the table beside him. Behind him was the name of the resort, El Chambre, in big bold letters, surrounded by bright lights.

 

Suddenly, the background music quiets down; the lights dim, and a lone spotlight is directed at the announcer.

 

"Good evening Korea!" He says, smiling "Are you guys ready to meet the nine lucky people who will get to experience the wonders of our humble resort, may I add, exclusively, for the first week of it's grand opening?!" He continued animatedly, making sure to emphasize certain words to get his point across. His smile wide, stretching from ear to ear. 

 

"Chaeyoung, I don't you think our chances of winning are extremely slim?" Dahyun says, forming into a yawn. Her pale hand going up to cover . "I honestly don't think we stand a chance? I mean, it isn't just the common-folk you know. Famous people are joining in on it too"

 

Hearing the word common-folk Chaeyoung let out a scoff "Everyone stands an equal chance. It's being done live for a reason. Now shut up and watch"

 

Dahyun couldn't help rolling her eyes. She put herself in a more comfortable position and directed her eyes, once again, to the TV screen. 

 

"Ladies and gentlemen of South Korea! I present to you, the nine lucky people who will inhabit the newly made, and newly furnished, Resort El Chambre!"

 

The host said dramatically, his arms spread wide open. He winked at the screen and said "Drumroll, please!" He then put his hand inside the box and pulled out a sheet of paper. 

 

"Lucky winner number 1, Miss Im Nayeon! Congratulations!" He said smiling, and clapping his hands. A few seconds later, an image of a girl, with teeth resembling a rabbit, appeared on screen. 

 

"Wow, she's pretty" Chaeyoung commented. 

 

"Before we move on, I would like to please ask the winners of the raffle to contact us within 24 hours, after the show, to affirm your participation. The following details will be shown on screen." The announcer added "I repeat. Within 24 hours! Fail to do so, and we will choose another winner. Let's move on!"

 

Pulling out another sheet from the box the host then shouted "Hirai Momo!" Then suddenly, applause broke out from the studio. Ofcourse it would! Hirai Momo is a world renowned Japanese dancer. 

 

She won numerous dance contests, not only in Japan and Korea, but around the globe as well. Dahyun recalls the first ever video she watched of the Japanese Dance Machine, goosebumps breaking out of her skin. A picture of the said artist appeared a little while later, wearing an all black outift, completed with gold linings and accessories during one of her collab stages with names like Kim Chungha, and Kang Seulgi, among others. 

 

"Congratulations Miss Hirai! You've earned yourself a week of absolute privacy!" The host said "But let's see... the third person who will be joining our previous winners is..."

 

He put his hand inside the box and played around with its contents. Finally pulling out a single slip of paper "Miss Son Chaeyoung!" 

 

Dahyun heard a gasp beside her, she turned to Chaeyoung and gave her a hug. "You won! Holy you won! Congrats cub!" Chaeyoung slowly returned the hug back but didn't stop muttering her words of disbelief. 

 

Dahyun could see from her peripheral vision a picture of Chaeyoung when her hair was a but shorter than normal. The older recalls teasing the cub about her "girl-crush" image, since she garnered lots of attention from the female students in campus when she donned that specific hairstyle. 

 

"Okay! Atleast they used that picture." Chaeyoung stopped her mumbling and directed her attention back on the screen. "Dahyun, you better win too! I don't think I can go there alone..."

 

"Miss Chou Tzuyu!"

 

With them distracted, they nearly missed the announcement of the next winner. They looked back to the screen just in time to see a picture extremely gorgeous girl with wavy black hair, and seemingly sparkling black eyes appear. 

 

"The next winner will be Miss Sana Minatozaki!"

 

This Japanese singer-slash-model is the person that Dahyun admires and looks up to. She has wavy brown locks, and her hazel brown eyes. Her voice is also not something that to joke about. She can always count in the singer's songs to bring her out of her slump. 

 

"Well it looks like 2/3 of the Japanese besties have won!" She heard the host say."Let's see if the last addition to the group can get in!"

 

"And I guess she did!" The host said, showing everyone the slip of paper. "Miss Myoui Mina! Our 6th winner! Congratulations!"

 

The host played around with the box's contents and took out another sheet "Park Jihyo! Congratulations miss! You won yourself a week with these beautiful ladies. But don't worry yet folks, there is still three spots left."

 

A picture of a rather foreign exotic looking girl appeared on the screen. Her hair was put in a ponytail in the picture and-

 

"Hey! She looks like Thomas!" Chaeyoung exclaimed. 

 

Dahyun shot her a look.  "Hey she really does!" 

 

"Now, for our last two winners! One of them is Miss Yoo Jeongyeon!"

 

Yoo Jeongyeon, or Jeong as her close friends call her, is Chaeyoung's childhood friend. She slowly rose up to the industry making a name for herself as a song-writer. 

 

"Woah! I can finally see Jeong again! What's up with her picture though?" Laughing Chaeyoung continued "She's trying to copy my hair I can't believe this dude!" 

 

Her laughter subsiding she turned towards the screen, holding Dahyun's hand with her own. "Dubu. It has to be you now."

 

"Our final winner" the host exclaimed. Somehow making it even more dramatic. The drumroll sounded; while the lights frantically moved back and forth on the stage. The host took one last slip of paper and stared at the screen 

 

He let out a grin and announced "Miss Kim Dahyun!"

 

Squealing, Chaeng wrapped her arms around her best friend. Dahyun, understandably, was frozen in shock. 

 

Once the news set in, she suddenly squealed, hugging Chaeyoung back and jumping around. 

 

"Let's get our stuff ready then!"