one

A SONG FOR YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I.

 

**

 

Thick air surrounded the room as no one dared to speak after Jennie left. Lisa and Chaeyoung were communicating through their eyes. They knew it was wrong of them to keep that secret from Jennie but they had no choice. Mina was caressing Sana’s hand as if trying to comfort her that it’s not her fault. Maybe it wasn’t at all Sana’s fault she really didn’t knew that Jisoo was that ex-girlfriend of Jennie. When she joined the group Jennie was already single and no one dared to talk about her again.

 

“I really want to apologize guys it’s my fault.” Sana started her voice weak and hoarse; Mina scooted over and placed her arm around Sana’s shoulder. “I was so insensitive.”

“It’s not your fault Sana.” This time Lisa spoke as she walked closer to the couple and sat on the vacant stool in front of them. “It was our fault for not telling Jennie earlier.”

“But Jennie’s really upset. I will do my best to cancel that gig.” She said in hopes that’ll ease everyone the burden.

 

She didn’t really know the history of the two (Jennie & Jisoo) and she had never asked Mina about it, well partly because no one wanted to talk about it like it’s a taboo in the group. All she knew was that it wasn’t a good breakup and Jennie loved her so much. With what she witnessed earlier she can attest that Jennie has not gotten over her yet.

 

“Let’s just wait until Jennie’s head cooled down okay.” Chaeyoung said before she kneeled to check the paper that was thrown on the floor. She can’t help but sigh when she saw the date. “It’s in 2 months.”

“I hate to say this but I think it’s time for Jennie to move on.” Mina spoke “It has been a year and the girl is going to get married in 2 months time.”

“It’s still her decision if she’ll do it.” Lisa sighed as she rested her head on the couch “Didn’t we try before? She just ended shutting all of us down.”

“She needs time to accept this. It’s all so sudden to her.”

 

Maybe, just maybe letting Jennie by herself now will be the best thing to do.

 

**

 

“Hey there hot stuff.” Jennie shot her head up when she heard that voice, it was too familiar for her. Her lips formed a smile when she saw that it was really her. The girl looked like she didn’t age at all, she even got prettier the last time Jennie saw her.

“Irene.” Jennie mumbled still staring at the pretty girl. “It’s really you.” She said in awe.

“It really is can I join you?”

“Of course.” Jennie nodded and watched as Irene took the seat in front of her. Irene placed her purse on the table and grabbed the glass from Jennie’s hand. She chugged it down in one go before smiling at Jennie. “You like beers now?”

“I like everything now.” Irene grinned before motioning for the waiter to take her order. “Two margaritas please.” She looked at Jennie “You like them right?”

“I’ll have the strongest drink you can offer in this bar and make it two.” Jennie answered but more like telling the guy. Irene just smiled at what Jennie ordered.

“I still need the margaritas.” She smiled at the guy before he dashed off

 

There was silence but it wasn’t that uncomfortable silence you’d want to escape or break. Irene was scanning the bar while Jennie played with the mouth of her glass.

 

“Here are your orders Ma’am.” The guy said as he served the drinks. He bowed after finishing making Irene smile.

“So you wanna tell me why you’re here drinking and alone?” Irene started as she sipped on her drink. “I heard that you just finished touring? How’s Japan?”

“She’s getting married Hyun.” When Jennie said that Irene almost spilled her drink good thing she was fast enough to stop herself.

“She’s what?” Irene placed her glass down and looked at Jennie’s eyes. The latter has that unreadable look but Irene knew she was hurting inside. It was still Kim Jisoo after all. The girl Jennie Kim loved so much she refused to love someone again.

“You heard me.” Jennie grabbed the glass and drank on it. She grimaced when she tasted it. “ what is this .”

“How long has it been since you –“ Irene trailed off

“A year.” Jennie chuckled “Can you believe how fast is that? She’s getting married just a year after we broke up. 12 ing months and I’m still hung up on her what a ing loser.” Jennie chugged the remaining content of her glass before she wiped her lips. “ing hell!”

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter