5/5

The Wish Of a Shooting Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

The first thing Taemin noticed when he came to the parlor was that Key looked even more beautiful than usually. There was this positive aura around him and his smile was genuine and happy. Something good must have happened, he thought before drumming his fingers against the counter to get his friend's attention.

 

“You're glowing.” he said just like that and Kibum grinned widely, shrugging his shoulders.

 

“I'm happy.”

 

“I can see that but.. why?” Taemin asked before lifting his finger, stopping Key from speaking. “Wait, I think I know. Jonghyun finally stopped by again?” he guessed and by the way his friend's eyes lit up, he knew he was right. “You've got it bad, hyung.” he chuckled softly.

 

“We're hanging out tomorrow.” Kibum said suddenly with unmistakable excitement in his voice.

 

Taemin widened his eyes and just gaped at his friend for a moment before he gasped. “A date? When did THAT happen??”

 

“Not a date.” Kibum shook his head and handed Taemin banana ice-cream. “We're just hanging out. He stopped by yesterday with his sister-” he started but Taemin interrupted him.

 

“He has a sister?”

 

“- and I freaked out because I thought it's his girlfriend.” Kibum continued as if Taemin hasn't said anything. “When I found out that it's his sister, I realized that I was lucky this time but if I won't make a first step, next time he can really come with a girlfriend or boyfriend. And it scared me. Well, okay, his sister heped a lot, too.”

 

“She did what?” Taemin asked curiously but Kibum was too into his speech to react.

 

“When she told me that Jonghyun actually talks about me, I guess that it gave me the courage I needed.” he shrugged but Taemin could see how much it meant to him. “So, when they were leaving, I sent him a text. Asking him to hang out and he nodded and texted me back that we will talk about details today.”

 

“Wait, you sent him a text? When he was here?” Taemin said and then laughed softly. “You were still afraid, weren't you? So you opted to send a text and instead of calling it a date, you said hang out?” he said and he wanted to make it sound like teasing but the soft tone of his voice just made it caring.

 

“Yeah. You always see right through me.” Kibum chuckled and Taemin scoffed right a way.

 

“Of course I do! We've known each other for ages. But hey, today is the dance practice, you sure he will come before that? We've got only an hour or two.” he said while eating his sweet treat.

 

“Talking about me again?”

 

Kibum and taemin were startled by new voice and when they looked up, they saw Jonghyun walking toward them with playful expression. The boy was changing with each day passing by. It hasn't been so long since he would sit on a bench with no emotion on his face and since he would exchange only 'thanks' and 'keep the change' with Kibum. But looking at him now, he looked much better and even Taemin had to admit that he looked really cool and handsome. Not like Minho, though. No one was more handsome than Minho, pft.

 

“Kibum is always talking about you.” Taemin said casually and Kibum hit his arm right a way.

 

 

“Yah! You brat!”

 

“Hyung, he knows it already. So why hiding it?” Taemin grinned mischievously, barely dodging another punch from his friend before he patted Jonghyun's shoulder as if they were friends. “Go easy on him. He's kinda high today. Something about a date he's got.” he said and laughed heartily when his friend threw ice-cream cone at him. “I'll be waiting on a bench--” he almost sang as he walked away, leaving Jonghyun and Kibum alone.

 

“Sorry about that.” Kibum said with sigh, ruffling his hair. He would not let this pass just like that. He would definitely have a revenge.

 

“You're going on a date?” Jonghyun asked curiously and he really liked it when Kibum blushed like he did now.

 

“Ah, he meant our meeting tomorrow. He just likes teasing me.” Kibum chuckled sheepishly and almost melted when Jonghyun tilted his head slightly.

 

“So it's a date?”

 

“No! I mean- .. It doesn't have to be date. I would just like to get to know you better and.. yeah.” Key said and internally cursed at himself.

 

“Would you like it?” Jonghyun asked suddenly and the feline boy looked up in surprise.

 

“Like.. what?” he asked softly.

 

“For it to be date?”

 

Key had an urge to laugh it away and tell Jonghyun not to joke with him like that but he held it back. Jonghyun didn't seem like he was teasing him and didn't seem disgusted by the idea. It's now or never, Key, he thought to himself before he his lips and nodded his head twice.

 

“I would.” he almost whispered and his heart skipped a beat when Jonghyun smiled handsomely.

 

“Then let's call it a date. Although it's been ages since I've been to one and my flirting skills have fallen under zero.” he said, as if warning the younger boy and Kibum could have sworn that he has never felt so happy in his life.

 

“Me too. I mean.. I wasn't on many dates myself.” Key said and chuckled softly.

 

“Well, you're naturally cute and outspoken so I don't think you'll have any problems.” Jonghyun said, casual as ever, not realizing the effect it had on the other boy.

 

Kibum cleared his throat and tried to hide his blush by looking down at ice-creams. “You sure about that flirting part?” he murmured and missed the way Jonghyun looked at him, surprised, before he chuckled.

 

“Maybe I'm still natural.” he said playfully and Kibum had to chuckle at that as well.

 

“Confident, too. Do you want an ice-cream?” he said and Jonghyun hummed in agreement so Kibum prepared it for him.

 

“What did your friend mean with the dance practice?” Jonghyun asked curiously and than payed for his treat although Kibum didn't want that money.

 

“I'm in a crew. I always wanted to get there but didn't really have time or such so Taemin helped me to get in. Today is my first dance practice.” Kibum said and it was visible that he was very happy and proud.

 

“Wow. Congrats. I won't keep you from it, then. What time shall I pick you up tomorrow?” he asked and Kibum couldn't help but gape at the change.

 

This Jonghyun was so different from the one he's been used to. He knew that it's the same person, and he seriously liked this side of him a lot, but it shocked him each time that Jonghyun spoke. He was silent for a moment and when Jonghyun looked at him curiously, he realized that he was asked a question.

 

“I- whenever it's good for you?” he said, sounding unsure himself which made Jonghyun smile.

 

“I'm asking YOU, Key. What time is good for you?”

 

“Uh, sorry, I'm just..” Kibum started and then almost groaned over his behavior. Taking a deep breath he looked at the boy and smiled sheepishly. “What about 5pm? It won't be too late nor too soon.”

 

“Perfect. Here then?” Jonghyun asked and when Kibum nodded he smiled and waved before turning and walking away.

 

 

Kibum was in daze most of the day after that. Of course, he focused on dancing and learning all the things he needed to know when they came to the practice but at breaks and when the practice finished, he was in his own world.

Taemin tried to talk to him numerous times but gave up because his friend clearly wasn't with him with his mind. But he looked happy and Taemin liked that. Kibum deserved to be happy and if Jonghyun was the one to make him happy, he will cheer for them.

 

 

When Kibum was lying in his bed that night, preparing to sleep, he couldn't make the smile on his lips disappear. He was too happy in that moment. And not just because he would have a date with Jonghyun, but he also enjoyed the dance practice, too. He got to know new people, and although he wasn't as present with his mind as he could have been, he still enjoyed talking to people and learning new dances. The leader of the group praised him and said that he's glad that he could join them.

And Kibum couldn't be happier, because his life was finally starting to feel like life.

Up until now, Kibum was just working, eating, sleeping and dreaming about watching Jonghyun. As pathetic as it sounded, it was true. He didn't think badly of his life, he was okay with it and felt satisfied to some extent, but it always felt like he was lacking something. And now he realized what it was. Even though Taemin was his best friend and Minho was very close friend to him, as well, he needed more people in his life and he needed love. He wanted to feel loved and spoiled. And he wanted to love someone. Jonghyun would be the best, of course.

 

Kibum chuckled over that thought and it didn't take long before he finally fell asleep.

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

Key couldn't really focus on anything the next day. He was really excited for the date but also very nervous. Jonghyun was still Jonghyun but he was getting bolder and more outspoken and Kibum was unsure how to behave. He was too flustered even while talking to Jonghyun when he was mostly silent so how will he handle talkative and bold Jonghyun? It was exciting yet scary idea. He liked the boy a lot and he decided that he couldn't constantly doubt himself but it was easier said than done.

 

“Get to your senses, Kibum. You can handle this.” he mumbled to himself before he looked at the clock and closed the parlor.

 

Yes, the boy opened the parlor everyday but he decided that it was time to close earlier than he usua

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter