4/5

The Wish Of a Shooting Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kibum couldn't believe how lucky he was to have Jonghyun text him just because he didn't want him to be worried. Although his last text made Kibum flustered, he couldn't deny that he was also very happy. Because he has never thought that he would be able to talk to the silent boy, not to mention text. It was something he could only dream about and if someone has told him that he would get closer to Jonghyun, he would have laughed because it seemed impossible. But now, he could talk to the said boy and although he wasn't nearly as bold as he usually was, he got much better at talking to him without stuttering or embarrassing himself.

 

Key had Jonghyun's number now but he didn't really have the courage to text him spontaneously yet. He didn't want to push his luck too far because, what if the boy really texted him just to tell him that he won't be coming so Kibum wouldn't be worried? What if he didn't want to talk to him more than that? The feline-like boy couldn't risk pushing Jonghyun away just when he started to open up to him. Maybe Jonghyun didn't like texting. Maybe he didn't think about Kibum having his number so he wasn't worried about getting bothered by messages.

 

Too many 'maybe's for me, he sighed softly and leaned against the counter in his parlor. It's been a week ever since Jonghyun texted him and although he wasn't worried now, he was still going crazy. He still missed him because he didn't see him. And he longed to know how he was doing but he simply couldn't get himself to text him. He was too unsure.

 

“I don't get it. What are you so afraid of? He texted you first, didn't he? If he didn't want you to have his number, he wouldn't have done it.” Taemin said while eating his ice-cream.

 

Him and Minho visited Kibum daily and he was thankful for it because it mostly distracted him. However, Taemin would either annoy, or with talks about Jonghyun. The brat simply didn't know how he was feeling.

 

“Maybe he didn't think about it while he texted me.” he said and this time it was Minho who chuckled.

 

“Key, that boy might be a loner but I doubt he's stupid. From what you said, he even looks like a smart guy. I bet that he knew what it meant when he texted you. We are not in pre-school. We're adults.” Minho said and Taemin grinned because his boyfriend was so clever.

 

“That's right. So you should start behaving like that. Hyung, this is not you. So what if he won't reply? So what if he won't want to talk to you? Which I honestly think is stupid because he talks to you and was the one who messaged you first. BUT the point is, he doesn't have to react in any way but you would finally stop doubting yourself. You just be yourself. You're bold, shameless, nice and yes, sometimes shy, but still.. You need to stop overthinking things.” Taemin said with shrug of his shoulders before he spoke again. “Oh, by the way. The dance practices are on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. You know the time, but we can just go together.” he said and finally gave his friend genuine smile.

 

Kibum widened his eyes and he grinned widely. “Wait, so it's.. like, official? I'm in?” he asked excitedly and when Taemin nodded he made small happy dance with his hands. “Thanks a lot, Tae. I'm very happy.”

 

“I know. You deserve it, so cheer up, because things are gonna be just great from now on.” he said and finished his ice-cream.

 

“You done, love? Can we go? We need to stop by in a market.” Minho said with soft smile that always turned Taemin into soft mess.

 

“Are you sure you're not married, guys? Because you pretty much look like that.” Kibum said teasingly but both of his friends could see that he's happy for them.

 

“I didn't get a chance to find the right ring for this beauty so yeah, not married yet.” Minho said, pecking Taemin's lips which actually made the youngest boy blush.

 

“Don't say things like that, I'll get my hopes up.” he teased his boyfriend but Minho just chuckled.

 

“You have no reason for not getting your hopes up, Minnie.”

 

And that silenced the boy who just flushed and cleared his throat. “O-okay, so.. We're going now, Key.” he said and pulled waving Minho with him, leaving laughing Kibum behind.

 

Taemin was tough boy but he had still that weak side for Minho. Only Minho could make him shy and embarrassed like that and Kibum found that beautiful. He has cheered for the couple right from the start because he has seen how perfect they were for each other.

 

And in moments like these, when he would see them both so happy and used to each other, he started thinking about his own love life. He had some boyfriends in the past but it just never worked out. Kibum was strong and independent boy and although he looked feminine and he searched for someone more dominant than him in bed, he didn't like when guys treated him like a flower because damn, he was no flower or a doll. He had his own brain and he was not dependent on anyone. Yes, he liked to be spoiled but he hated when his boyfriends tried to rule his life. Those stupid guys just thought that because he was submissive one in bed, he was easy to manipulate.

 

He was not.

 

And he has showed that to one of his past boyfriends by punching him and throwing him out of his apartment. He wanted someone dominant but also understanding and soft. Someone who would see him as an equal.

And sometimes, he just felt like he won't ever find somebody like that. Because couples like Taemin and Minho were one in a milion.

 

Kibum didn't know how long he was thinking about this but he was awaken from his thoughts by approaching footsteps. And when he looked up, his heart skipped a beat. Painfully.

 

Because there was Jonghyun, coming toward his parlor with a girl. And their arms were linked.

 

I'm late. That was the first thought that went through his mind as he watched the bittersweet scene of the puppy-like boy smiling while talking to the girl. , this actually hurts, he thought and bit his lip almost painfully.

He knew this would happen sooner or later because he was stupid and was too afraid to make a move. So now, a girl who wasn't as afraid as him got the man he was watching for ages. Just the thought of that squeezed his heart painfully but he tried to look at it from the bright side. Jonghyun looked really happy. He was smiling and talking and this was the happiest expression Kibum has ever seen on his face. And that was amazing because, wasn't that what he wished for? For Jonghyun to be happy? So even if it wasn't him who made him happy, he should just be happy for him.

Right?

 

That's why he tried to control his expression and smiled slightly when the pair was near his parlor. He was about to greet them when Jonghyun groaned suddenly.

 

“Crap. I forgot my wallet. Wait for me here, okay? I'll be back quickly.” he said and caressed the girl's hand (which Kibum would rather not see, really) before he walked away.

 

The girl could only nod and then looked around curiously before she walked straight to Kibum. He didn't want to be rude so he dipped his head slightly, smiling as honestly as he could before he spoke.

 

“Hello. I haven't seen you here before. What kind of ice-cream may I give you?” he asked and when the girl smiled brightly, he couldn't really dislike her.

 

“Hi. Oh, Jonghyun forgot his wallet so..” she said, pointing toward the direction he went in and Kibum just found her so nice that he didn't want to keep her waiting.

 

“Yes, I heard so it's okay. I can just give you the ice-cream and he will pay when he comes.” he said with smile and the girl just looked at him for a while before she thanked him and asked for a lemon flavour.

 

“Here you go. Carefully, though, because this one is really fresh.” he chuckled and she followed in right a way.

 

“Thank you. You're really nice.” she grinned and leaned against the counter.

 

Key didn't know what to do at that point. Should he try talking to her? But why should he? She's the one who took his crush, after all. But it wasn't in his nature so he decided to talk to her. However, he didn't get the chance because Jonghyun suddenly showed up.

 

“Oh, you have an ice-cream already?” he asked the girl and she just nodded with grin on her face.

 

“Mhhm, your boy gave it to me. He's so sweet.” she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter