2/5

The Wish Of a Shooting Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Three days have passed but the boy hasn't showed up in a parlor where Kibum worked and he was going crazy with worries. Jonghyun has been visiting every single day so now that he was missing already three days, Kibum was worried sick that something has happened to the handsome boy.

He couldn't focus on his work and couldn't find it in himself to smile at people as he usually did because his mind was elsewhere. The worst for him was that he had no idea how he could find out if Jonghyun was okay. He knew only his name, for God's sake! And they weren't even friends, really. He had no idea if the boy had family, where he lived, if someone even knew him and the most importantly, he didn't have his phone number.

Of course he didn't, he has never even talked to him, after all.

And Kibum has never regretted anything as much as he did now. If he wasn't a coward, he could have had Jonghyun's number, or he could have known at least SOMETHING about him and he wouldn't have to be worried as he was now because IF he had his number, he would simply text him.

 

Sighing for nth time that day, Key looked down at colorful ice-creams, the chocolate one mocking him with only its existence.

 

“He still hasn't showed up?” Kibum was pulled out from his thoughts by familiar voice of his friend.

 

Shaking his head he bit his lip and looked at Taemin. “No. I.. I'm going crazy, seriously. I thought that things will only get better when he talked to me that evening. And I can't help but think that something terrible happened because, Tae, he has never missed a day. Not even one.” he ruffled his hair and looked around the place in hopes of catching a glimpse of those brown eyes.

 

But Jonghyun was nowhere in sight and Key felt like crying. He had no idea why he was so fond of the boy. Or was it attraction? What the hell was the feeling he had for Jonghyun? He didn't know. It couldn't have been love because he didn't know him at all. It could be attraction but if it was that, he wouldn't be so worried, right?

Groaning, he sat down on a chair in his small parlor and rubbed his hands over his face.

 

Taemin, on the other hand, didn't know what to do. Seeing his friend in this condition was terrible and even more when he knew he couldn't help him. When Jonghyun didn't show up the first day, Kibum was worried but said that he will surely come the next day. And when he didn't, Key couldn't stop looking around with that worried expression.

It was weird, in Taemin's opinion. Neither of them knew the boy so why was his friend so attached to him? At first, Taemin all the time because he thought that it was just a silly crush, but seeing Kibum now, so worried that he couldn't sleep, he was sure that it wasn't just a crush. And that's why he didn't dare to in that moment.

 

“Don't worry. I'm sure that something just came up for him. He'll show up sooner or later. Key.. I don't want to sound rude but.. he's not really obliged to come every single day, you know that, right? You shouldn't do this to yourself just because he hasn't showed up for a while. He has his life as well.” Taemin said softly.

 

Kibum looked up, feeling slightly hurt from the younger boy's words, but he knew that he was right. And he knew that Taemin was just as worried about him as he was worried about Jonghyun.

Sighing, he nodded his head. “I know. It's just.. weird, that's all. Now I really regret that I wasn't listening to you when you said I should talk to him.” he said and chuckled bitterly.

 

And that was really just final straw for Taemin. His friend could be so dramatic sometimes! “Oh, please. You talk as if you should never see him again. Hyung, get to your senses. You should not behave like this just because of a boy who never talked to you on his own-”

 

“Tae-” Kibum tried to interrupt Taemin but he wasn't having it because his friend was too much and he couldn't let him behave like that anymore! He was just worried about his health, okay.

 

“- I understand that you like him, I need to admit that he's quite handsome, too-” Taemin kept talking, not noticing how wide Key's eyes were, nor how his cheeks were becoming pink from embarrassment.

 

“Taemin-” Key tried again. But again, it was all in vain because Taemin was into his little speech too much.

 

“- but you shouldn't worry so much just because he doesn't show up for three days. It's not the end of the world. If Jonghyun-”

 

“LEE TAEMIN!” Kibum screamed, finally gaining attention of his friend who gaped at him.

 

“What!” he said, sounding almost offended.

 

“Uh, should I come later?” another, soft voice was heard and this time, it was Taemin who widened his eyes.

 

Because even though he didn't hear that voice often, he knew whom it belonged to. Slowly turning around, he saw the boy they were talking about just now. And suddenly, he understood why Key screamed his name. Jonghyun was standing behind him.

 

Crap, he thought and looked back at his friend with apologetic expression. 'Sorry' he mouthed those words before laughing awkwardly. “No, no. I'm leaving. Bye, hyung!” he waved and practically ran away.

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter