You Like It Just As Much As Me

To The Moon And Back

A/N: Lipsoulnators make some noise and come get y'alls food.

Word count: 4,271 words

---------------------------

 

Friday nights are a bummer now when it used to be so fun for Jungeun. Back then, when Friday night comes, Haseul would sleepover at her dorm. They’d cook a meal to share, have a little to drink, and watch something on Netflix. They never do get to finish whatever movie they pick because one of them would put on the look and they’d both have their hands all over each other. Morning afters are even more of an experience. Haseul in nothing but her favorite oversized hoodie, waking her up with kisses on the forehead, on the nose, and on the lips, and then making her breakfast.

 

Jungeun remembers all of these things and it leaves a bitter taste in that she has to flush down with alcohol. She shouldn’t be thinking about these things because it isn’t fair to Haseul when it was her, Jungeun, who initiated the breakup. The fact that her main reason for doing so was because she was afraid of where they were headed didn’t help either. They were together for five years and they knew everything there was to know about each other and that clearly only meant that what they have is special and serious. And Jungeun knew that but when Haseul started talking about looking at apartments where they can move in together, she was spooked and it didn’t take long before she skedaddled.

 

Who could blame Jungeun though? She’s just turning twenty one and she has a whole world to explore ahead of her. Don’t get her wrong. Haseul is the love of her life (they’ve been together since she was fifteen and Haseul was seventeen) but that doesn’t mean she’s ready for the so-called ball and chain with her. There is no question whether she loved her or not because she did and she still does. But they both want very different things and there’s no way of getting to those without hurting each other.

 

Jungeun puts her bottle down on the counter a little too loudly and Mark and Joowon give her a look of sympathy.

 

“It’s still that bad, huh?” Joowon raises a hand to get the bartender’s attention. “One more round for us, please.”

 

Jungeun shrugs in reply to her question.

 

“I’m sorry but this really has to be the last for me. I can’t keep my boyfriend waiting any longer.” Mark interrupts before she can speak.

 

Jungeun sighs. “Jiwooming has a girlfriend. Mark has a boyfriend.” She pauses to look at Joowon. “Not to be a selfish , but please don’t get someone to date too soon, Joowon. I only have you now.”

 

Joowon rolls her eyes at the drama.

 

The bartender places new bottles each in front of them and they pick it up at the same time. They clink them together and take long swigs off it.

 

Jungeun screws her eyes shut at the burning sensation in . It seems like she’s never going to get used to that no matter how many times she has it, similar to what her Friday nights have become now.

 

“Ugh. Gross.” She mumbles as she starts picking at their leftovers.  

 

“But let’s get real for a minute, Jungeun. How long are you gonna keep doing this? Are you planning on dying of alcoholism?” Mark asks.

 

“Leave me alone.” She groans.

 

“Oh, we will. After this one.” Joowon says. “Don’t give me that look, hun. I have a family to go home to.”

 

“Your cats shouldn’t count.” Jungeun spits.

 

“You know what? you and what you think. Nancy and Daisy are the only ones who love me unconditionally in this world and they’re my family !” Joowon shakes her head and finishes her drink. “Now, if you will excuse me-”

 

“No, I’m sorry! Don’t leave!” Jungeun whines but Mark’s shaking his head too and that’s not a good sign.

 

“Guys…” She tries again with her best pout. But she’s obviously not Jiwoo and it fails.

 

“We have to go, Jungeun. Sorry. And you should probably head home in a bit too.” He says.

 

Joowon narrows her eyes at her as she puts her coat on. “I’ll call you in an hour to check on you. If you’re still here then, I’ll call Jiwooming to get you and do you really want that?”

 

“No, not her! She’s gonna nag me to death.” Jungeun say, panics.

 

“Then you better get your home before that happens, girl.” Mark claps his hands in front of her face like chop, chop.

 

The two settle the bill and give her goodbye hugs but that doesn’t stop her from sulking.

 

“Ugh. I need better friends.” Jungeun mumbles, throws some chips around her plate as she watches them go.

 

&&

 

Friday nights are party nights for Jinsol. Every night used to be a party night for her but that’s no longer the case for her sophomore year. She just needed to cut down on the fun because she actually wants to pass her classes. Well, that and Sooyoung got herself a girlfriend and now, Jinsol doesn’t have a best friend to go to the said parties with.

 

But anyway, it’s a Friday night and she’s here, stuck behind a bar, wiping already clean glasses, to begin with, because there’s nothing else to do with the lack of customers. The last ones, a small group of college kids, just left too. They did leave one friend behind but the point has been made. There are no customers.

 

Jinsol doesn’t want to be ungrateful and complain when she’s getting paid for this. Junhui also promised to throw in extras for her covering Yeeun’s shift but this is just so boring. Like she could be somewhere downing drinks instead of mixing and serving them. She could be talking to a fine girl somewhere instead of staring into space like this.

 

Fortunately, Junhui comes in soon and he does so with an apologetic look on his face.

 

“I’m so sorry, Jinsol.” He starts.

 

“It’s okay, sunbae.” Jinsol says despite her earlier thoughts. “Just remember what we agreed on.”

 

“Of course! Don’t worry. I got you.” He assures her with a two thumbs up and a handsome grin. “Why don’t you finish up and I’ll get you something from the kitchen as promised? Pay’s gonna have to wait though.”

 

“I’m already done here since there weren’t even a lot of customers. And yeah, that’s fine.”

 

“Not a lot of customers? Must be because of the sorority party on that club across the street.” Junhui mumbles.

 

“A sorority party? Delta phi’s?” Jinsol suddenly remembers the multiple invites to the same event she got all week.

 

“I think so. You thinking of swinging by?” Junhui asks.

 

“I might.”

 

“Alright. I’ll get you food while you decide. For now, just sit back.”

 

As Junhui disappears into the kitchen, Jinsol follows his advice and takes her apron off. She settles on one end of the counter as the further end is still occupied by that last customer who Jinsol is now discreetly checking out.

 

Truth be told, she’s already noticed her the moment she walked in with her friends. She looks young, probably around her age. She’s pretty and carries herself with this strong aura that intrigues Jinsol so much that when Junhui comes back with a plate of baby back ribs, he finds her still like that, staring at her.

 

“Someone you know?” He asks, sets down the food in front of Jinsol. “Girl’s a regular. Comes here every Friday. Usually with her friends.”

 

“I don’t know her but I overheard her and her friends’ conversation earlier. It sounded like she was moping over being single?” Jinsol shrugs and smirks at him.

 

Junhui narrows his eyes at her. “If you’re thinking what I think you’re thinking-”

 

“Hey, I’m not that… bad!” Jinsol says. “Unless… unless maybe she wants me too? I mean, she’s pretty.”

 

Junhui sighs and rolls his eyes. “Usually, I’d warn against it but you’re a grown- woman so who am I to tell you what you should and shouldn’t do?”

 

Jinsol beams at that and shoots him a finger gun. He shakes his head but bends down to pull out a couple of bottles from the bar fridge, proceeds to uncap it both for her.

 

“God bless you, sir!” She salutes and grabs the beers and the ribs.

 

“Yeah, yeah. Just remember that whatever happens, don’t do it here. We’re low on cleaners.”

 

Jinsol gives him a wink before she walks off to her. The girl watches her approach with uninterested eyes and she can tell that this is going to be tough but that just makes her feel more excited.

 

“Hi there.” She starts. “Mind if I join you?”

 

The girl looks around the empty bar, probably to point out that there’s plenty of places for Jinsol to sit at. But she shrugs anyway so she sets everything down on the counter and hops on the barstool.

 

Jinsol carefully slides one of the bottles over to the girl and she gets a raised eyebrow in reply.

 

“It’s on the house. You and your friends did order a lot so just take it.” She smiles. “I’m Jinsol, by the way.” And she holds out her hand.

 

“Jungeun.” The girl finally speaks, takes her hand and gives it a quick shake.

 

Jinsol grabs her bottle and raises it in Jungeun’s direction who copies her. They both drink and it’s silent for a bit as Jinsol eats.

 

“Are you new here?” Jungeun asks her. “I’ve only ever seen that guy and the girl with the wicked bob cut.”

 

“No. I used to work here a couple of months back but I had to quit because of my tight class sched. I’m only here tonight because Junhui, that guy, asked me for a favor.” Jinsol explains.

 

Jungeun picks at leftovers again so Jinsol pushes her plate towards her.

 

“Try some. It’s hot though.” She says.

 

“Thanks.” Jungeun takes Jinsol’s fork and hacks away at a piece.

 

“Are you in uni?” Jinsol looks at the girl’s face, catalogs the curve of her eyes and the sharpness of her nose.

 

“Mhmm.” Jungeun chews slowly, looks back at her just as strongly. “SNU. You?”

 

“Yeah, same.” Jinsol smiles as Jungeun hands her back the fork. “I major in dance. You?”

 

“Broadcasting.” Jungeun replies. She picks up her bottle and tilts her head back as she drinks deeply.

 

Jinsol watches her (more like admires her neck and jawline) and waits for her to finish before she starts talking again. “How’s that working out for you?”

 

“Okay, I guess?” Jungeun pauses to wipe with the back of her hand. “I mostly have technicals and intro courses so I can’t say much yet.”

 

Jinsol hands her a napkin and asks. “Freshie, huh?”

 

“Yeah.” She gives her a little glare. “What’s the matter? I don’t look like it?” Her tone rises just a smidge.

 

And it’s Jinsol’s turn to shrug. She drops her eyes to her plate and finishes her food. When that was done, she looks up at Jungeun again.

 

“Listen, there’s a sorority party across the street that Junhui told me about.” She doesn’t add that she was invited to it in fear that Jungeun might not want to come. “I was thinking of checking it out. You wanna tag along?”

 

Jungeun looks at her with a piercing gaze, calculates her. It’s enticing and exhilarating how much front she puts on. Jinsol hasn’t met a girl like her in a while and she’s buzzing with adrenaline but at the same time worrying that this could end just like that. So when Jungeun suddenly sighs and nods her head, she’s over the moon.

 

“Free booze so what the hell, right? I’m in. Let’s go.” Jungeun says.

 

Jinsol laughs. This girl is turning out to be so much more than she bargained for when she first decided to walk up to her and it’s amazing. She’s amazing.

 

Jinsol hops off the stool and Jungeun does the same but sways a little when she walks and she stays close to her.

 

“On second thought, can you still walk?” She asks in jest.

 

“I’m no lightweight. I can handle myself.” Jungeun pushes her away but the recoil only causes her to fall forward. But, of course, Jinsol is quick to catch her.

 

“Uhh, that was embarrassing but thanks.” Jungeun mutters and Jinsol laughs again. When she flashes her a charming smile, it comes too naturally.

 

&&  

 

Jungeun arrives at the party feeling nervous. It’s not like her to do this but she’s in desperate need of company and Jinsol, a damn attractive stranger who’s easy to be with, was offering so what reason does she have to say no? The venue is noisy and crowded. People waiting in line at the entrance. People on the dance floor. People at the bar. People hanging out on the tables.

 

But Jinsol leads her past all of that and into a smaller room with a much smaller crowd in it which somehow puts her slightly at ease.

 

“Jinsol!”

 

The girl’s name gets called out a lot by both gents and ladies. Especially, by the ladies. A handful even swarms at her with tight hugs and kisses on the cheek that linger too long to be friendly. Jungeun takes the sight in as the image of what kind of girl Jinsol is, gets bigger - obviously popular and highly likely a girl. This becomes clearer when Jinsol gives those girls some of her time and attention. It blurs when she pulls away from them and looks at Jungeun like she matters more than all of them.

 

Jinsol playfully beckons for her to follow with a finger. Jungeun gives chase without question and they find themselves in front of a minibar. The older girl gives the bartender a signal with a nod of her head and the shots start to pour.  

 

She takes one. Jungeun follows. They share a look and shoot together.

 

“Ugh. That’s nasty.” Jinsol crumples her beautiful face in disgust but still takes another one.

 

All the while, Jungeun silently watches her.

 

“What’s going on in your pretty little head?” Jinsol’s smile already looks different with only two shots in.

 

“I’m wondering what I’m doing here with you.” Jungeun replies honestly.

 

Everything about this is new to her. She’s been through a handful of parties before with her friends and with that girl whose name she can’t even bring herself to say right now for what’s likely going to happen. She might be young but she’s not dumb. She knew what and where things will lead up to from that moment Jinsol walked up to her at that bar.

 

“Hmmm. That’s… fair.” The girl acknowledges her concern. “You don’t know me well. I don’t know you well. For all you know, I could just be after your kidneys or something.”

 

“No, I haven’t gone that far.” Jungeun laughs. And she really isn’t wary of her in that way which makes her think that it’s disturbing how she’s so comfortable around her. “But can we... talk?”

 

Jinsol nods. She grabs a couple of bottles from a cooler and leads Jungeun to an unoccupied couch.

 

“Okay, let’s talk.” Jinsol uncaps the bottles like a pro (which she is) and hands one to her.

 

Jungeun takes it but doesn’t drink from it, knowing that it will cloud her judgment. She isn’t exactly sober but she needs to retain whatever semblance of sobriety she has left for what she’s about to do.  

 

“What’s your favorite movie?” She asks Jinsol.

 

A brightness appears in the girl’s eyes and she answers with certainty. “That’s easy. Zootopia!”

 

Jungeun laughs out loud again.

 

“What?” Jinsol asks, eyes sparkling with a child-like innocence that Jungeun finds so paradoxical at the moment.

 

She waves her hands to dismiss it. “Anyways, next question.”

 

“Hold up! Hold up!” Jinsol stops her, puts her bottle down on the table. “You get to ask me a question but I don’t get to ask you?” She puts her hands on her hips, maybe trying to look intimidating but it’s just… cute.

 

“Well, what do you want to know?” Jungeun smirks, takes a sip from her drink.

 

“Let’s see… what’s your number?” There’s that playful look on her face again.

 

“My what?” Jungeun blinks.

 

Jinsol pulls out her phone from the pocket of her lady suit pants that she wears for her bartender uniform. She waves it around a little.

 

“Your number.”

 

Jungeun nods slowly, keeps the eye contact with Jinsol. So it seems that the time has come for her to make up her mind.

 

“Are you flirting with me?” She isn’t trying to state the obvious but rather trying to buy more time.

 

“You haven’t even answered my question but you’re already asking me another one?” Jinsol’s eyebrows meet. The look on her face is funny and it has Jungeun laughing again.

 

But that look doesn’t last and is replaced with a serious one as Jinsol carefully asks “But will it be okay? Will anyone get mad?”

 

It’s endearing and Jungeun has to bite her lip as she lays out the last of her defenses. “No, I don’t think so. At least, not from my side.”

 

“I don’t have a girlfriend either if that’s what you’re implying.” Jinsol says and she can see the truth in her eyes. At least, she’s honest but that’s something Jungeun already knows.

 

“I know you don’t.” She says. “You probably don’t do girlfriends to begin with.”

 

“Ah, so you know.” Jinsol smirks.

 

They’re on the same page now and both of them know it. Jungeun looks at Jinsol and sees clearly what she’s offering - a night of fun with no strings attached. It’s unfamiliar to her like everything with tonight, like everything with Jinsol. But isn’t that something like what she wanted? Nowhere near serious but just as passionate as with her, with Haseul.

 

It doesn’t take long for Jinsol to finally ask the question. “You wanna play?”

 

Jungeun drinks her beer bottoms up and finally decides.

 

“Your place is near here, right?” She asks as she gets up.

 

“Yes.” Jinsol replies, jumping to her feet too.

 

&&

 

Jungeun starts strong by pushing her to the couch as soon as they walk in. And Jinsol is not going to complain because the girl literally climbs on her lap and takes her face in her hands to kiss her in the mouth right after. It’s hot, hungry, and tastes of alcohol but it’s not sloppy and that makes Jinsol want to keep going even if they run out of air.

 

They eventually break apart but Jinsol makes wise use of that, pushes Jungeun back for a moment so she can see how she looks under the moonlight streaming in from her window. The wow slips out of shamelessly because Jungeun’s skin just glows and the look on her face - brown hair messy, pupils dilated, nostrils flared, red lips slightly parted - is such a turn on. Her chest heaves with labored breaths and Jinsol is so tempted to get that shirt off her but no, not yet.

 

Jungeun pulls her close again, leaves no space between them and kisses her deeper, hands at the nape of her neck. Jinsol’s nose starts to picks up on an aroma, floral, like lavender but with a hint of something spicy and earthy that absolutely drives her insane. She gets her fingers tangled up in Jungeun’s long tresses and the scent builds, drowns her in ecstasy.

 

It’s amazing how her senses are starting to get overloaded when it’s only been a few minutes and that speaks greatly of how good Jungeun is at pressing her buttons. This is more than the usual hook up for the night. This is pure attraction.

 

She tries her best to swallow back a moan but fails when Jungeun’s fingertips brush up the side of her jaw.

 

Jesus, , that feels so good.

 

Jungeun’s fingers go further up to her head, threading through her hair and massaging her scalp. She roams her hands free over Jungeun’s bare thighs and legs (Jinsol thanks the gay gods for letting her wear shorts today). Jungeun wraps her legs around her waist and down on her lap and that is the last straw.

 

Jinsol wants her lying on her back, in her bed and she wants her there now.

 

A part of her screams to take her then and there but she doesn’t want that. She isn’t going to do that. Jungeun doesn’t deserve dingy couch (no girl does but especially not Jungeun). She knows this might just end up being a one night stand but it still has to be perfect for Jungeun because she’s such a ing amazing girl.

 

Jungeun pulls at her shirt, untucks it from her pants, and she takes that as the cue to finally scoop her in her arms and take her to the bed. She puts her gently down and as soon as Jungeun hits the mattress, she starts taking off her clothes. The sight is too much to behold that Jinsol feels her entire being burn with desire.

 

“You’re beautiful.” She mutters with no control over what says.

 

Jungeun looks into her eyes for a good minute and she wants to know what she’s thinking but the girl suddenly pulls her in for another kiss and begins to help her out of her clothes.

 

“I-” Jinsol wants to say more, wants to bring up possibilities but Jungeun puts a finger to her lips to shut her up again.

 

“No talking.” She says in a sultry voice. “We had enough of that earlier.”

 

Her shirt finally hits the floor, finds Jungeun’s neck, and she’s lost.

 

&&

 

Jungeun wakes up snuggled to the crook of a warm neck. Her head pounds painfully and she decides that it’s better to keep her eyes closed for a little longer. The pair of arms wrapped around her waist loosens and she groans, pulling it tighter against her. Haseul probably just woke up too and is on her way to the kitchen but she wants to cuddle some more- and she stops that thought.

 

Jungeun’s eyes flutter open and her mind registers her surroundings. This isn’t her room. Those aren’t her furniture. And the girl still asleep next to her is definitely not Haseul. Jinsol. It’s Jinsol, she reminds herself.

 

Jungeun quietly and gently disentangles herself from the long limbs and the carelessly thrown duvet. With no plans of waking the other girl up, she rolls off the edge of the bed, lands on the tips of her fingers and toes, and starts grabbing her clothes. She slips on her underwear, jumps into her shorts, and pulls her sweater over her head, all in the span of thirty seconds because she’s leaving ASAP.

 

She hopes she doesn’t come across as heartless because Jinsol’s a great girl. She was damn good in bed and was fun to be with even without the , but Jungeun isn’t going to stay around to hear her rehearsed morning after speech. She isn’t going to risk hearing the awkward hey, did you sleep well and last night was amazing which she knows is definitely going to end with an empty promise of I’ll call you.

 

Jungeun would rather not be poetic but last night felt like an eclipse. A short-lived fantasy, an escape from reality, and a great memory that she would take with her to the grave. She does not want to ruin that so, with a final look at Jinsol (it’s a shame that her face is buried in the pillows because she wanted to get a last look at her beautiful eyes), Jungeun shows herself to the door.

 

The walk to the dorms feels strangely numbing as she wonders if this is what they call the walk of shame. There’s plenty of reasons for her to be ashamed, she knows. Letting go of Haseul is one. Running away from Jinsol without saying thank you or goodbye is another. But mostly, not knowing what the she’s doing is.

 

She finds herself outside Jiwoo’s room instead of her own. Her hand comes to knock on the door and Jiwoo, already out of pajamas, opens it within a minute of her knocking.

 

“Jungeun?” Her eyes look her up and down. “Why are you still wearing your clothes from yesterday?”

 

“I just got back from… somewhere.” She mutters, gently pushes Jiwoo aside so she can enter. “Your roomie’s not here, right?”

 

“No, she went home to her family for the weekend.” She replies. “Is… is everything alright?”

 

Jungeun stares blankly at her but nods. “I just need some sleep. I’ll be fine. Please let me crash here for a couple of hours.”

 

“Oh, okay. But where were you?” Jiwoo asks as she pulls out the futons, blankets, and extra pillows Jungeun uses whenever she sleeps over. She makes a mental note to have those washed later.

 

“I was out all night. Tried to figure out what I wanted.” She replies, helps Jiwoo lay the beddings out.

 

Jiwoo looks at her with a small frown on her face.

 

“And did you figure it out?”

 

“No, not really.” Jungeun quickly says, plops down on the bedding with a tired groan.

 

Jiwoo sighs and settles next to her. She pats her head softly as Jungeun closes her eyes at the comfort.

 

“Although, I  think I know now what I don’t want.” She admits.

 

“That’s always a good place to start.” Jiwoo says softly. “Don’t stress on it now and just sleep. Sleep now, Jungeun.”

 
 
-------------------------------
A/N: Please don't come at me with rotten tomatoes. I know there's a lot of girl!Jinsoul fics out there but I couldn't resist writing them like this.
So now, please listen and listen hard. I finished mapping out what I wanted for the entire series last night and it's looking very ambitious to me. Bascally, Lipsoul arc is going to intersect with Viseul's. There's a connection between Haseul, Yeojin, Vivi, and Hyunjin that I will intro in the next Be My Sun chapter and expand on in a one-shot after the Lipsoul /backstory/. For everyone's understanding, allow me to differentiate backstory from sidestory. Backstory is how the characters met. Sidestory is what happens to the characters in roughly the same timeline as Hyewon's in BMS. I don't want to complicate things but I also really want to build so much on this universe. Hopefully, I won't lose any of y'all. Tbh, this whole series is great avenue for me to work on prompts I've always wanted to use so it's exciting and special to me. Annnd, I know it shouldn't be this serious so I apologize for babbling. Anyway, Lemme know what y'all think. Okay. Thanks! Bye!
P.S. More on the series being an ambitious thing, updates might not come out as often from now on because I feel like I need to pace myself better. Otherwise, I'd burn out and turn this thing I enjoy into something dreadful.