Don't let go of me

Summer Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rapper Yoongi is life ♡

♫ I feel cold on the inside,

but your warmth warms me up.

Baby, I am falling for you.

I love you. ♫

Click here to hear the song :)
 


Jimin has loved music ever since he was a child, he was always pleased whenever he found a song that matched his mood. Sometimes, things were hard so he needed a sad melody and a mellow sounding voice to sooth him and lessen his worries, sometimes he was feeling happy and energetic and he wanted to listen to an upbeat song, sometimes he wasn’t feeling well and needed a song that will lift his spirits and turn his tears into smiles.


Life was filled with many meetings, many emotions, many encounters that Jimin sometimes wanted to forget or moments, which he wanted to relive again and again.


He has always admired the people who had dedicated their whole live to making others happy - be it with their music or acting. He’s always thought that being a star was very tough, he thought that those people were deprived of having a personal life, because everything was always released to the public and it was sad how those brightly shining stars on stage, turned into lonely humans who just wanted to have some time for themselves or spend time with the people they loved, things that could be quite difficult to do having in mind that they always had packed schedules or eyes were following them everywhere.


Jimin could never live like that, he loved his job, he loved helping people and he loved seeing a smile on the faces of his patients even more. It was a great feeling, to know that he has contributed with something to the community.


He still found contentment in listening to music, but ever since he entered university he had less time to follow any artists. He was busy studying and when he started working at the hospital, he used his free time to hang out with his friends or go back to Busan to visit his parents. He enjoyed leading such a quiet yet very satisfying life, his friends were also very understanding. Most of them liked going to clubs or staying out late, but they never pushed Jimin to go with them, because they knew that he had to wake up at 6 am on the next day to go to work, they knew he preferred going to the movies or cafes or just on walks.


So on the day when a celebrity was suddenly attacked and sent to Severance’s ER, Jimin couldn’t really understand why everybody was freaking out so much. A person had got hurt, that was a reason to freak out indeed, to be worried, but most nurses around him and even the doctors kept saying ‘Oh my god! It’s Min Yoongi!! THE Min Yoongi!!’, his friends had brought up the name a few times, but Jimin didn’t know much about the said person and he found it weird how almost everyone was making a fuss over the fact that some famous rapper was at the hospital and not focus on the fact that Min Yoongi was currently a patient, who had to be treated.


Fate was a funny thing and Jimin was the only available nurse at the time, so he was sent to Yoongi along with Dr. Jang. The first thing Jimin noticed about the patient was how pale he was and he wondered just how much blood the person on the bed had lost. Of course, since it was his first time seeing Yoongi, he had no idea that the rapper just had a rather fair complexion to begin with.


Yoongi was still unconscious while Jimin wrapped the bandage around his head, but a few minutes after he was done, the rapper woke up and Jimin got the shock of his life when he felt hands on his , so his first instinct was to hit the person who had touched him and he didn’t mean to, but he ended up knocking out the same patient, whom he had been treating until minutes ago.


He felt terrible after that, he had a horrific night shift, constantly worrying about the person whom he had hurt and when he went to Yoongi’s room in the morning, the rapper did not say anything to him. Jimin thought that he deserved the silent treatment, but Yoongi did not look angry, maybe he was still tired and disorientated?


Jimin left the room in a slightly better mood, knowing that a report won’t be filed against him for acting like that and he hoped that the rapper would get better soon, he still didn’t know why Yoongi had got attacked in the first place, so he read a few articles when he got home. Most confused him, because they did not state an exact reason for the attack, but as he was browsing, the rapper’s company released an official statement, which did make more sense and Jimin felt bad for Yoongi, he had done nothing to deserve what had happened to him and it seemed like the media was just trying to stir up a controversy.


It’s really hard being an idol…


Jimin couldn’t help thinking and he was more than surprised when Min Yoongi ended up in the ER less than a week later with a split lip and a very-guilty looking boy wearing a white-tee was present along with the rapper’s manager. Jimin did not ask any questions, it was not his place to and he got to work, but then Min Yoongi apologized and actually called him an angel again. Jimin felt flustered around the rapper and he even got the permission to call Yoongi ‘Hyung’.


He doubted that he would meet the older again, but he got curios about what kind of music Yoongi made. If he was so famous then perhaps his music his nice?


Jimin found himself clicking on song after song, it was like he was into another world. He mostly watched performance videos, because those caught his attention the most. The rapper was an amazing performer, it was hard to look away once he stepped onto the stage, he simply owned it. Jimin had actually heard some of Yoongi’s songs before, he just didn’t know it was him. He really liked the lyrics, how honest and heart-felt they were. Jimin could feel the passion and love Yoongi had for what he did, being a musician was not just a career for him, it was his life.


Jimin started getting quite worried about Yoongi’s well being when the rapper appeared at the hospital for the third time. The older did not look like a clumsy person, at least in Jimin’s eyes, but he kept getting hurt. Thankfully, the injuries were always minor, but Yoongi kept coming to the hospital again and again and he always asked for Jimin and actually waited until he was available if he was busy with another patient. Jimin thought that the reason for that was simply because Yoongi felt more comfortable around him, since he had treated him already, but as time passed, Jimin looked up more information about the other and it turned out that his apartment, company, studio were not in the area, there were other hospitals much closer, which the rapper could go to, but he always visited Severance.


The very stupid assumption that Yoongi came specifically to see him, started circling in Jimin’s head, but he found the thought absurd, because why would someone like Min Yoongi be interested in him?


Jimin decided to stop troubling his brain with such thoughts and just enjoy Yoongi’s company, because he really liked spending time with the rapper. Most of the time he even worked slower on purpose, just to stall time, so he could talk with the older for a little longer.


By now, Jimin had listened to all of Yoongi’s albums, had watched some performances or dance practices multiply times, he was seriously becoming a fan and he would be lying if he said that he didn’t feel special. Yoongi wouldn’t come to Severance and always want Jimin to treat him if he didn’t like him at least a bit, right?


Not that type of like.


Jimin would tell himself, but he always blushed or smiled in Yoongi’s presence, he had totally lost count of how many times that has happened already. At first glance, the rapper did not seem like someone friendly or the type of person who would joke a lot, but he did. He always said nice things to Jimin and kept the conversation going, he even continued calling Jimin ‘Angel’. The boy’s heart always sped up whenever the rapper referred to him like that and Yoongi often left things behind for Jimin like a cup of coffee, sweets or some snacks. The rapper never called them ‘gifts’ or ‘presents’, he always played it off as ‘I bought too much of this, too much of that… have some, Jimin-ah.’ and Jimin did not want to over-think and overanalyze those actions, but it really felt as if Yoongi had bought those things for him. The older always carefully observed Jimin’s reaction and asked him if liked what he had received, ‘Uuh… I just don’t want to accidently give you something you dislike, Jimin-ah’, Yoongi would always say.


The rapper’s reasons for his visits at the hospital became more and more ridiculous and he even came last week, because he had fallen down and had scraped his elbow, but the wound was so small that Jimin could barely see it. Yoongi had whined about how much it hurt and Jimin could only laugh, because of the older’s antics. It was cute how the rapper almost seemed embarrassed, because of his lame excuses, but Jimin felt happy each time he saw the older, so how could he complain?


He even started believing that Yoongi was getting hurt on purpose just so he could come to the hospital to see him, but Jimin brushed the thought away, it was just his wishful thinking, right?


There was no way Yoongi had that type of feelings for him, right? So what if the rapper showered Jimin with attention and sweet words? Maybe Yoongi was just exceptionally kind to everyone? Jimin kind of doubted that’s true, but still…


It was currently the second week of July and two days ago the release date of Yoongi’s upcoming album was announced – 27th July. Jimin was super excited, he was wondering if the rapper would reveal a secret or two if Jimin asked him, like how many songs the album would have, if any other artists would be featured or for how long he was planning to promote, Jimin didn’t want to get too many spoilers, just a few basic things.


But as he was walking towards to ER after changing for his shift, he stumbled upon two nurses who were actually talking about him. Jimin was not the type of person who eavesdropped, but Yoongi’s name was brought up in the conversation as well.


“Seriously, who does he think he is?”


Nurse Son spoke with annoyance in her voice, Jimin had never liked her, she was ignorant and definitely liked speaking behind people’s backs, but faked smiles in front of the said people.


“Well, Jimin is kind of… an attention , isn’t he?”


Jimin placed his hand over his mouth upon Nurse Kim’s accusation, he had never expected to hear something like that from her.


“Right! He’s already receiving enough attention for being the only male nurse here and after Yoongi-oppa took an interest in him, Jimin has become even more irritating!”


“He’s just dumb. He probably thinks Yoongi likes him or something when in fact he’s just a plaything.”


A plaything? Jimin did not like how that sounded and he was not fond of the way his colleagues were speaking about Yoongi, they didn’t even know him.


“But I’ve got to admit that Yoongi is trying a bit too hard. I mean…. He just has to tell Jimin that he wants to sleep with him and be done with it. Why bother to come here so many times??”


Jimin clenched his fists, as he listened to the two of them. How could they say things like that??


“Exactly. It’s going to be a one-time thing anyway or maybe Yoongi-oppa has his eyes on someone else here?? Oh god, what if it’s me??”


The two laughed and started walking towards the ER, while Jimin just stood frozen in place. He had read some of the articles, which stated bad stuff about Yoongi, but Jimin absolutely did not believe those rumors, he knew that the rapper was not that kind of person. But he didn’t know that it had made an impression to the others, he barely paid any heed to anything except Yoongi during their interactions, so it was a given that he never noticed the eyes filled with envy, each single time the idol waltzed into the ER and asked for Jimin. Once Yoongi had even went home and refused to get treatment when he was told that Jimin was not at work.


Jimin really tried not to think about what his co-workers had said, but in the afternoon Min Yoongi just had to appear with a box of deliciously-smelling donuts in hand and a sweet smile on his face. Jimin smiled the second he spotted the rapper, but he also took notice of the whispers and glances in his direction.


What if Yoongi got in trouble, because of this? A patient’s privacy had to be respected, it was a must follow rule at the hospital, that’s why no pictures had been taken so far, but people just loved to talk. What if one nurse, doctor or even janitor told someone about Yoongi’s constant visits? And that someone told another someone, it was going to be a domino effect. More rumors would spread, Yoongi was about to start getting followed everywhere or be bugged with questions and it was all going to be because of Jimin.


It was better to end this… before he got too attached, before he got his hopes too high that something more than a friendship was possible between him and Yoongi. Sadly, it was a bit too late to do something about that, because Jimin knew that he would miss seeing the older’s smile or hear his raspy voice or talk to him like up until now. But he had to do this, for Yoongi’s sake.


The rapper had barely opened his mouth, but Jimin thought that if he heard just one word fall from the older’s lips, his resolve would crumble, so he grabbed Yoongi’s sleeve and dragged him out of the ER. That alone managed to gather even more eyes on them, but Jimin just kept walking, while Yoongi silently followed behind him. After a minute or so, Jimin found an empty hospital room and entered it right away. He shut the door, because he didn’t want anyone to overhear the conversation, Jimin didn’t even know what he was going to say, surely it was going to be something which he didn’t mean, but if Yoongi kept coming to the hospital… then Jimin really won’t have the heart to send him away.


Yoongi was looking at him, confusion written all over his face and what Jimin really wanted to say was ‘I’m really glad to see you, Hyung!’, but he had made up his mind, he didn’t want to cause any trouble for the older.


“What is it, Jim-?”


Jimin did not give Yoongi the chance to finish his question and just fired the first thing that came to his mind, he spoke without thinking at all.


“Can you please stop coming here?!”


He did raise his voice a little, so he could make his point and now Yoongi looked even more puzzled, probably wondering what he had done when in fact he had done nothing wrong.


“Y-you’re being a nuisance!”


Oh, how much Jimin regretted saying that, especially after seeing the shock that flashed in the rapper’s eyes, he actually looked hurt, because of what Jimin had just said and the boy wanted to apologize so, so much. He wanted to ask Yoongi what he really thought about him, if the tim

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter