You are my Paradise

Summer Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♫ The moment our eyes met...

I felt like I lost my mind.

I am bewitched by you, I like everything about you. ♫

Click here to hear the song ^^
 

Yoongi leaned back comfortably on the pillow, bracing himself for the reality.


Of course he saw no angel, he had hit his head badly, he was disorientated, it was damn hot last night, he’s been overworking himself like crazy in the past few weeks and he really needed a break. So his brain created a hallucination, he was just seeing things.


There was no way someone with such soft-looking lips existed, someone with such an angelic voice, someone with such cute hands, someone with such a sweet smile, someone so gorgeous, someone with that kind of… .


It was just an illusion, Yoongi just had to muster the most sincere looking and kind smile he had, use a nice tone, apologize, maybe even beg… because , this kind of scandal was seriously going to ruin him.


Yoongi took in a deep breath, as the door opened, he was ready.


Ready to face Park Jimin, who probably looked nothing like the boy from his dream.


And he was right.


Park Jimin was entirely different from Yoongi’s hallucination.


This boy… Jesus Christ, he was a million times better.


Yoongi was ready to fire his epic apology, it was at the tip of his tongue. He wanted to be done with this as soon as possible and go back to sleeping, but as Park Jimin closed the door behind himself and walked closer to the bed, Yoongi’s lips parted in amazement and he stared like he had literally just seen an angel.


Jimin was beautiful, very very beautiful.  


His features were boyish, he looked young and very nervous. Yoongi couldn’t exactly see the other’s eyes, because Jimin was looking at the floor, his head slightly hanging low. His hair color was a dark shade of blonde and gosh, he had such plush lips. Jimin was currently abusing his lower one, because he was harshly biting on it. It was starting to become really red, Jimin was probably going to draw out some blood if Hoseok hadn’t called his name, snapping him from his trance and Yoongi as well.


“Hello, Jimin-shi. Thank you for coming.”


“I… yes. Hello.”


Jimin spoke with hesitance and now Yoongi was the one who started chewing onto his bottom lip, because god… Jimin had barely said a sentence and Yoongi already loved how his voice sounded. Yoongi had written and produced many songs for various artists and most of them were outstanding vocalists, but Jimin’s voice… Yoongi had never heard a voice like that in the entire industry. Suddenly Yoongi’s hands got itchy, he needed his pen and his notebook, his laptop, his equipment. Lyrics were currently pouring themselves into his head and all because… Park Jimin had said a few words.


“We are really glad that you are willing to talk with us and-”


Hoseok began, trying to start up the talk, he was hoping things would work out for the best, because he was well aware of the fact that Yoongi would have never done what he did if he was in his right mind. No matter what the media wrote about the rapper, Hoseok knew Yoongi, not only because he was his manager, but his friend as well and he didn’t want to witness the older’s career go down the drain, because of an accident, which happened under such… circumstances. But his speech was interrupted when Jimin bowed so deeply that both Hoseok and Yoongi got worried for the boy’s spine.


“I am terribly sorry! I just panicked and acted on impulse! I-I don’t know what I was thinking… No, I wasn’t thinking at all! T-to hit a patient who had just injured his head, I never meant to hurt you… um, Yoongi-shi. I apologize for my actions.”


Yoongi’s mouth just hung open, because what the hell had just happened??


Why was Jimin… lovely Jimin uttering an apology with his mesmerizing voice when it was Yoongi who was supposed to be on his knees praying and hoping that Jimin won’t sell this whole story to the press? There were cameras in the ER, without a doubt and once reporters set their minds on something, they were capable of digging up all type of information, so they could definitely get their hands on the footage if they wanted.


Yoongi tried to say something, but he could barely breathe properly let alone talk, so he glanced at Hoseok who seemed just as surprised and Yoongi motioned towards Jimin with his head, his manager instantly got the hint.


“Jimin-shi, please. Raise your head, you have done nothing wrong.”


Technically, he had but well… it was definitely self-defense.


Jimin looked up and locked eyes with the oldest in the room. All the remaining air got kicked out of Yoongi’s lungs, because those eyes… Yoongi could write a thousand songs just about them.


Why was this boy making him feel like this? It was just their second meeting, first if he didn’t count last night’s encounter and yet he felt comfortable around Jimin, it was like his whole being demanded the boy’s presence and Yoongi was already wondering if he would be able to see Jimin again after this talk.


“I… I’m sorry.”


Jimin repeated and Yoongi really disliked the sadness in the boy’s voice and his solemn look. By now, he knew that he really won’t be able to say a thing or he was going to mess up pretty badly, so he once again shook his head in Jimin’s direction and hoped that Hoseok would be able to fix this, his manager has always been good with words and the only reason why Yoongi hadn’t got into some serious trouble so far was because whenever he lost his temper, Hoseok was always there to either calm him down or speak instead of him.


“Please, don’t apologize. After all… Yoongi is the one at fault.”


Usually, Yoongi did not like it when someone pointed out his mistakes, but yeah it was all his fault and Jimin once again briefly glanced at him before he averted his eyes and Yoongi really wished the boy would look longer at him.


“So…” Hoseok continued, his business look was on full mode and Yoongi was sure his manager will handle this the right way. “Yoongi and I… we were hoping that you wouldn’t press charges against him or… talk to the media about this. We are ready to come to a settlement, if money is required-”


Yoongi hated that part of the world he was living in. Idols messed up on a daily basis, a little cash was thrown here and there and everything was fixed. Yoongi had never been in a situation like that. Well, once he almost smacked a reporter straight in the face, because he was saying things about his mother and Yoongi could withstand the hate, but if someone dared to badmouth about his family or a person he cared about, well… that was a different matter.


Jimin’s eyes widened, it was comical actually and Yoongi almost laughed, but he tried his best to suppress the laughter that was threatening to escape from him.


“Charges- Media- Money, oh gosh. No, no. I would never do something like this!”


Jimin vigorously shook his head and Yoongi could absolutely believe every word, which came out from the boy’s plump lips. 


“I believe that it’s partly my fault, because… I thought Yoongi-shi couldn’t hear me, so… maybe I got too close to him…”


You were indeed quite close, angel… but not close enough.


Yoongi mentally commented and scolded himself in his head seconds later, because he had once again referred to Jimin as an angel.


“So maybe he mistook me for someone he knew or he was just confused, it’s normal given the fact that he had hit his head less than an hour ago. So… I was even afraid that a report might be filed against me and I love my job, I don’t want to lose it. So if you could pretend this never happened, then I will do the same.”


Jimin said his last sentence with more confidence in his voice, while looking directly at Yoongi, because he believed the elder was the one who was supposed to make the faithful decision and that was true, but Min Yoongi… the same Yoongi who spit fire on stage, word after word, verse after verse just in mere seconds, was now left speechless.


What have you done to me, angel? I think you might have broken me somehow…


Yoongi no longer paid any heed to the fact that he called Jimin an angel, because so far Jimin had been acting exactly like one and Yoongi was damn sure that nobody would be able to make him believe otherwise.


Park Jimin was an angel.


End of discussion.


Yoongi noted how the boy was currently toying with the hem of his red sweather and just now he realized that Jimin was wearing casual clothes and not his uniform, because he vaguely remembered a light blue uniform.


Right, he had a night shift.


Jimin looked restless, surely because of the talk, but all in all he looked rather lively for someone who had worked all night. Yoongi could never look like that even after a 12 hour sleep and god, the last time he slept that long was way before his debut.


Hoseok had been impatiently tapping his foot on the floor for the past minute, looking back and forth between Jimin and Yoongi, waiting for the rapper to finally say something, anything, but he couldn’t take it any longer.


“Yoongi agrees, of course. But how can we just believe your word? Maybe you should-”


Yoongi cleared his throat to show his disagreement, he didn’t want to bother Jimin more than he already had. He knew things were never that simple, someone might look pure like an angel, but you never know to who and for how much he could rattle, so in such situations at least a few papers were signed to make sure that nothing would go wrong. Yoongi however wasn’t concerned about that in the slightest, if Jimin said he was going to keep quiet about this, then Yoongi believed the boy.


He trusted Jimin, even though… he had just met him.


Hoseok slightly furrowed his brows, because of Yoongi’s behavior. First, he decides to say nothing (He just couldn’t, alright?) and then he wants to let Jimin walk out of the room with no proof that this accident will be kept a secret? Hoseok had seen a lot, while working by Yoongi’s side during the years, but he had never seen his friend like this… whatever this was, but he decided to respect his friend’s decision.


“Okay. Last night never happened. Is that cool with you, Jimin-shi?”


‘Last night never happened.’


Yoongi scoffed shortly at that. He had heard that line only in movies and it usually had a very distinctive meaning.


“Yes.”


Jimin answered with a bit more cheerful tone and smiled a little. Yoongi was sure that if he was standing up, his legs would’ve turned into jelly because of the sight.


Park Jimin was just breathtakingly beautiful.


“If this was all… I um, I had a very exhausting shift and I’m really tired, so I would like to head home.”


Jimin added after a few seconds and Yoongi was glad to see that the boy’s shoulders no longer looked tensed up. The accident had probably troubled Jimin all night, while Yoongi slept peacefully.


The boy deserved some rest.


“Oh, sure. I’m glad we resolved this so quickly. You can go, Jimin-shi.”


Jimin bowed again and spoke to Yoongi when he straightened his back.


“I-I wish you a speedy recovery!”


Yoongi couldn’t even say ‘Thank you’, because Jimin disappeared from the room in the speed of light and the rapper got a bit upset by the fact that the boy almost ran away.


“Surprisingly, things went rather smoothly.”


Hoseok remarked after the door was closed and Yoongi nodded, as he looked at his manager.


“Yeah.”


“Wow, you haven’t lost the ability to speak?? I was starting to think that we should re-run all examinations!”


“Shut up.”


Yoongi snarled at his friend, but with a very dreamy expression on his face and that made Hoseok tilt his head in confusion. Sometimes, it was hard to deal with the rapper’s moods, he could be quite unpredictable.


“Hoseok… did you see it?” Yoongi asked then, puzzling his manager even more.


“See what?”


“His …” It was just in the last second, but Yoongi got a glimpse of the holy thing, which had almost got him in huge trouble and he totally understood why he had done what he had done. “Damn it, I would lose a hundred lawsuits if I could-”


Yoongi’s talk was abruptly cut off when Hoseok pushed him down without even adjusting the pillows and the rapper groaned in discomfort.


“Yah!”


“Jesus, stop talking before I knock you out! It will be your third time in the last 24 hours!”


Yoongi simply flashed his friend that characteristic gummy smile of his, a smile that the whole world was weak for including Jung Hoseok and the manager fixed the pillows, carefully covered the older with the blanket and sat on the chair next to the bed.



Yoongi happily drifted off.









Five days later, Yoongi was finally allowed to go back to his sacred studio. He got released from the hospital yesterday, he still had headaches from time to time, but overall he was feeling rather well and he rested more than he should’ve, he was a workaholic, occupying himself with work all the time was what he did and he felt happy in his studio, it was his own little world.


He was currently working on a song and Yoongi definitely deserved a pat on the shoulder for getting back to work so fast, but there was one problem… he was working on a love song at the moment.


What’s the problem, you might ask?


Well, Yoongi had made love songs before. But they were usually about love between friends, family members or love stories of those around him, stories which had inspired him, but somehow… now he felt like he was creating a song based on his own experience, because he couldn’t stop thinking about a pair of pink lips, two shining eyes and a stunning smile of a very kind someone.


Ever since Park Jimin left his hospital room, the boy has been on Yoongi’s mind.


Sadly, he did not see Jimin a third time. Hoseok later told him that Jimin mainly worked at the ER, that’s why he hadn’t visited with the doctors or to change his IV or the bandage on his head and those who did his bandage later on, either fastened it too much or it felt too loose around his head, nobody had done it as neatly and perfectly as Jimin had.


Yoongi didn’t know much about Jimin except his name, age, the fact that he mainly worked at the ER and that he was an angel, but there was one more thing, which Yoongi knew for sure…


He really, really wanted to see Jimin again.


Truth is, when Yoongi was making a song with someone in mind, he liked to be close to that person, interact with him, to become that said person’s shadow, because that’s where the soul of his music came from. He hadn’t created many songs with a specific person as an inspiration, because he often thought about his memories with his friends or family, people whom he admired or haters whom he wanted to roast, there was no face to associate those lyrics and songs with.


But there were other cases like when Yoongi made a song for his brother to congratulate him on his marriage, a song he made especially for his mother a year after his debut because he really wanted to show his appreciation for the woman who had raised him, even though they had clashed many times over the years and she wasn’t very supportive of his career choice at first, she was still his mother. To the song, which Yoongi made for Hoseok for his birthday two years ago. It had such cringy and sugar-coated lyrics that Yoongi only posted it on Soundcloud and never performed it live, because he was surely going to puke out some jolly unicorns after that. The song was hyper and energetic, just like Hoseok and Yoongi had never seen his friend cry out of happiness so hard, not even when Yoongi won Solo Artist of the Year. Or the song, which Yoongi made for Jungkook as a present for his graduation from university. It also had some back-up vocals, it was an upbeat song and yet it had a calming effect, it topped the charts for weeks and Yoongi was super proud, but mainly because he had made Jungkook sob like a little child and that kid was hard to break, he had loved the song and told Yoongi numerous times that he listened to it at least two-three times a day… to this very day.


And right now, Yoongi was creating a song while constantly thinking about Jimin. The lyrics poured themselves into his notebook on their own, he did not struggle with the beat either, but something was missing…


The soul, it has no soul. No… Jimin. I need to see him. I want to…


But what was he supposed to do? Drop by the hospital to say Hi? He couldn’t just go there for no apparent reason and expect Jimin not to freak out, because… first, Yoongi s his bottom, then he doesn’t say a word during their second meeting and after that he appears out of nowhere… what was Jimin going to think?


A knock on the door disturbed his thoughts and when he twirled his chair around, he saw how Jungkook timidly stepped into his studio.


“Hey, kid. What’s up?”
 

For someone who was at least a head taller than him and ten times stronger at that, Yoongi never got rid of his habit to call Jungkook a kid, because that’s exactly what the boy was when they had first met. Sure, the fit body and height were present even then, but Jungkook had just started university and he was looking for a job. Luckily, he had stumbled upon a flayer, which stated that BH Ent. was recruiting some staff and Jungkook was a bit short on money at the time, because he didn’t want to take advantage of his parents’ kindness and us their money, that’s why he desperately needed a job.


Yoongi was usually not present for such stuff, but this time he was there, because the CEO had told him that the rapper needed a personal bodyguard now that he was getting big and Jungkook had caught his eye. He wasn’t as bulky as some other candidates, he didn’t have experience either, but he looked like a person whom Yoongi would want by his side – honest, with a burning passion in his eyes, someone who would never give up.


And here was he now, that same boy who always looked serious, Jungkook who was too mature for his age, there were tears at the corners of his eyes as he sprang towards Yoongi’s chair and enveloped him into a tight hug.


“Thank you, Hyung! Thank you!!!”  


Jungkook cheered and Yoongi tried to pry the younger’s arms away from him, because his bodyguard was almost suffocating him.


“O-okay, I get it. You’re happy. J-jeez, let me go.”


Jungkook stepped back, a sheepish smile gracing his features.


“Sorry, Hyung. I keep forgetting how fragile you are.”


“Say that one more time, Jeon Jungkook and see what happens.”


Jungkook just laughed at the threat and usually Yoongi would’ve at least lightly kicked the other or something, but now he laughed as well.


The first thing Yoongi did when he got back to work was to go to his CEO’s office and tell him that he had no right to fire Jungkook and if he wanted Yoongi to stay at the company, he better bring Jungkook back. Yoongi was not kidding and his CEO knew that, so shortly after their talk Jungkook was appointed back to his previous position.


“There’s nothing to thank me for, Jungkook.” Yoongi told the younger, as the boy settled down on the couch in his studio. “You’re part of my team. You’re… more than that. You’re my friend, my family and I look after my family.”


“And you wonder why the whole staff calls you a softie.”


Jungkook cackled on the couch and Yoongi was this close to throwing his headphones at the boy.


“Don’t make my headache worse, kid.”


The mood suddenly dropped and so did Jungkook’s smile.


“Sorry, Hyung.”


“Jungkook, I was jok-”


“I know. I was talking about the other day, when I… failed to protect you. I looked away just for a second and it happened! I got so scared you know, when I saw you on the ground… bleeding. I knew it was all my fault and I was also so, so angry at myself for being careless.”


Yoongi saw some photos online, he kind of understood where all the drama came from. There was indeed some blood, but depending on the angle it could be seen as much more than it was, media play was bull but it sometimes worked. He once again made the mistake to read comments and some stated that he had died on the scene due to blood loss, others had commented that Yoongi had provoked his attacker. There were many others who were concerned about his well-being and tried to shut up the haters by telling them to stop spreading rumors.


The company had released an official statement the morning after the accident, but even after the detailed explanation and the disclosure of information about the attacker, the press still tried to play dirty and demanded a press conference with Yoongi’s presence.


The company refused, saying that Yoongi’s health was their top priority and that rapper had never met Kim Sangjin prior the attack, so he had nothing to say, simply because he knew nothing.


And Yoongi couldn’t be more glad that he won’t have to personally deal with that crap, he was probably going to have to meet his attacker a few times, he didn’t have a deep knowledge when it came to law, but he hoped that guy received the punishment he deserved, especially because he had abused his girlfriend as well.


“Don’t be so hard on yourself, kid. Things like that happen. You said it yourself, you looked away only for a fleeing moment. I’m okay, nothing serious happened.”


“But you were in a hospital!”


Yoongi had never heard Jungkook raise his voice, this was the first time.


“You didn’t even come to visit me.”


“That- just- I was ashamed.”


Yoongi knew that Jungkook was stubborn just like him, if not more. The boy felt guilty and probably a lot of people had already told him that it was okay, that it was not his fault, but if Jungkook believed so then nobody could change his mind. Except… the person who had caused his turmoil.


“I don’t blame you for anything, Jungkook. So stop blaming yourself. You did your best, like always. I doubt anyone else would’ve managed to put up with me for so many years like you and Hoseok do. You are irreplaceable. Not only, because you two are my friends, but because you are amazing at your job.” Yoongi could feel how Jungkook’s uneasiness was slowly fading away, that was a good sign. “And besides, I heard you taught that Sangjin dude a lesson.”


“I just broke his nose.”


Jungkook said, as he shrugged his shoulders like what he had done w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter