Hello

Yearning

She strode in with a certain air of grace, the same beauty that I saw a week ago. The front of the class was in disbelief that someone with no makeup could look as flawless as her. She wasn't tall, but from her posture and mannerisms, one could mistake her to be taller from a distance. The girls were all gossiping about the way she was dressed, mainly because regarding blending in with the crowd, she stuck out like a sore thumb. The lavender dress with a lighter shade of purple floral patterns around, and the big Gucci tote bag that she had by her side, they were all mumbling about the ostentatious nature. Mrs. Tan was shifting away from her ever so slightly, probably the perfume, some of the girls had a slight look of repulsion from the smell, which I couldn't smell from the distance of my seat to the front of the whiteboard.

Her face... her face was something that all of us were just staring in disbelief. It was a familiar sight, and it was the halting of post-concert depression in its entirety because I saw Al, Cody, Tim, and Ralph all tapping their feet incessantly due to the pure euphoria that they are experiencing. I saw her eyes take a quick glance at everyone in the class, and immediately, her eyes went to the quartet, and waved at them gently, immediately earning chuckles and teasing looks from the rest of the class, especially those who were not that into Kpop. And suddenly, her eye's made contact with mine, and I felt my heart stop the same way it felt like two weeks ago. She flashed that same, sweet, gentle sile that I saw on TV, and it was so different from the silver screen. I could even lift my hand up, I just stared. Thankfully, my mouth was not left agape, like the rest of them.

"Ok, introduce yourself, young lady.", Mrs. Tan said with a hint of slight annoyance, possibly from the strong perfume.

She nods, bowing her head, "My name's Mina. I recognise a few of you from the concert.", as soon as she said that, Cody whistled, causing everyone to burst out into laughter, including Mrs. Tan, who was trying her best to hold it in. Mina's face turns into a light pink from the heckling.

Mrs. Tan firms up her expression, though you could tell she was still trying to hold it in, "Cody, see me after this.", Codster could be seen cursing at himself, mumbling how much of he was a tard, earning a slap on the arm and a quip from Roger, "Ok, Mina, care to tell us about yourself?", the aforementioned and it feels like Deja vu again.

"BEAUTIFUL! And part of the best group in the world!", this time, it was Ralph. And I facepalmed myself at the recklessness of the idiot duo.

"Ok that's it, Ralph, Cody, see me after class.", she pats Mina's back, "Ok, never mind, Mina. You'll learn of the rest as the lessons go by.", Mina nods with a soft smile, "Ok... now let's show you your seat.", she shimmies her towards my table, "This is Y/N, he will be your partner for the rest of your time here. Just ask him anything you need to know.", she turns her attention to me, "Y/N, don't worry about any barrier, she can speak well enough. Just don't go full 'English' on her.", I nod at what she was implying, "Ok, the two of you, get to know each other, I'm going to deal with some class matter now.", and with that, she walked away.

Mina and I just stared at each other for a minute. Me, just admiring the fact that my actual crush is here, right in front of my eye, smiling down at me with an inquisitive look in her eyes, As creepy as it sounds, I was examining every single facial feature. The numerous moles that were present, the doe-eyes, the soft accentuation that her face has, which makes it even harder to just keep a stoic face and be friendly, because of the purity in her face. Her hair was styled in a very similar fashion, shoulder length hair with bangs. Though, this time she had messy tresses that looked like she just got out of bed. I wouldn't complain too much about it.

She took a seat, and offered her hand, "Minari.", I smiled at the mentioned of her nickname and gladly accepted it.

"Y/N," she leaned in closer and squinted her eyes, "S-s-something wrong?", I released her grip and got startled by the close up that she did. I have never seen them up close like this before, and for her to lean in at that proximity, I might have the possibility of going into cardiac arrest.

Suddenly, her eyes widened as she lean back, covering , "It's you, isn't it? The one who threw up the penguin plushie on the stage.", now it was my turn to get all wide eye, "It's you!", her yell wasn't even loud, it was more of a gentle rise of tone.

I nod, giddy on the inside, "You remember?", she nods, "Did you take it.", that was when I could taste the air of awkwardness.

Her eyes shifted about. slowly clicking her tongue. Her legs crossed together as if she wetted herself by accident. She scratched the back of her nape, "Ummmm...", I immediately plopped my head down on my desk at her response, only to get hollered at by Mrs. Tan.

"Y/N! Sit up, class is about to start.", she flashes a smile at Mina before turning back, "Now where was I...", I stilled plopped my head down, only just observing what Ma'am was writing.

I heard a mumble, "Sorry.", I looked to my side and saw something that made want to not be mad at her.

Her hair was slightly covering her face, and she was fiddling her about with her thumbs. She did keep her eyes on the board, just rambling to herself about what she just said, "I didn't mean to... sorry, Y/N", I wanted to cave in and just said all was fine and dandy.

However, I wasn't feeling so chirpy. That penguin... not the one by my side. The little tucker that I brought to pass to her. I was pained at the thought of it. I remembered tom bradying the er up on the stage. In fact, I remembered it landing by her side. The real kicker was, I did not see her pick it up. In fact, I had the haunting of what happened. I remembered asking the security guard whether I could take it back. However, the guard instilled a sense of hope when he told me that the production assistant was going to bring it all back to their hotel and pass it back to them. I had a sense of genuine happiness when I heard it.

Now, to be crushed one week after the concert just like that. It stings. It ing does. I had to do something that I never thought I would do. Ignore Myoui Mina for the whole first half of the day until it was recess. The sheer relapse of post-concert depression and the diagnosis of PTSD was eating me away.

me, it was painful. Especially because of what happened in English class, where Mr. Peter, asked her to introduce herself. The rest of everyone had a sense of enthrallment. While, me, felt so faced that I had to really hold it in. Mina introduced herself in a graceful manner that she always puts herself in. It was all fine until she was told to give a final word before the start of the lesson.

"Y/N, I'm sorry about what happened two weeks ago.", as soon as she said that, she walked back to her seat with a sad pout.

I remembered the puzzled glares that everyone had. Even Mr. Peter, who does not typically pry into the drama within the class, was interested with what happened. As for the four Koreaboos, let's just say they were apologising profusely to Mina.


"Ok, all of you. Come back in thirty!", as soon as Mr. Peter said that, everyone dashed out of the room, except for me and the damsel.