Post

Yearning

The class is barely full since it was the start of a new semester, and most of us are in the holiday mood; so it was not much of a surprise when it came to the lack of punctuality. Here I am, sat beside one of the five windows, facing out to the seaside, playing SuperStar JYP. I was tapping away on Heart Shaker, keeping tabs on the speed of the notes. And then the end of the hard mode came, where a flurry of blues circles ascended to the agony of my fingers. And with that, the sound of three golden stars vanished yet again.

I backed out of the game, to be greeted by the sight of Mina on my homepage. I smiled yet languished by the thought of her. To describe fantasy park would only be one word; magical. Seeing the whole of Twice side by side, performing as a whole, and the ethereal opening of them ascending out from those nine rings felt like heaven. The nine pairs of eyes that glimmered in the harsh lights, the constant screaming for their attention, and the endless fervour that we had throughout it, it was a night to remember.

A week has passed since the concert, and I could feel the depression going into full swing. I had to stop playing any form of Kpop on my phone; because it felt less like a relaxant after a long day and more of a carcinogen that was about to contract terminal brain cancer. I had to rely solely on my playlist of classic rock n' roll hits to get through this constant struggle of concentration. For school, and in general. Somehow, I'm better than the others. I remember Jason began to weep in silence during a presentation in English class.

I plugged in my headphones, and press the shuffle button to see whatever song comes up in my playlist, and to my damnation, it had to be that one song that reminds me of her. I put my head down on the desk and cushioned it with my arms. That one song was the one that every time it came up; I would try to avoid it just so that I could not weep at the image of her in my head. Strangely, I felt no urge to get up and changed the song; I just let the motions flow. 'Hey, Jude' a classic, and as of right now, the one song that is causing me to be more emotional than I should be. 


An hour has passed, and the class is now whole. All the familiar faces were all assembled, with a familiar gleam of depression. Imagine this, five guys, seated about one to two tables apart from one another, and those who have a partner, were on the verge of making their partner want to change seats because of the murmurs of yearning for Twice to come back. Thankfully, I am seated alone. The seating arrangement is like this, those who are sat by the window, are by themselves. Those who are seating in the middle of the class, are situated with a partner.

"Alright.", Our form teacher, Mrs. Tan got our attention, "I have some news for everyone. We are having a new student joining us in a week's time. She's older, a bit older than all of you... so be nice to her, alright?", everyone was looking around, confused, "Oh yes, Shane.", she points to our class monitor, "Get the class to ready some banner for her or something.", Shane nodded at it, though the class wasn't really in the same form of accord that Mrs.Tan was.

She flashed a smile, "Ok, get ready for your first lesson.", she began to walk out of the class, "Oh yes, who went to the concert last week?", everyone in the class turned towards for the five of us, "You are in for a surprise."

The class began to 'ooh' at the mention of that. At the mention of it, our minds began to race at what this could mean. However, as soon as we want to delve deeper into our imagination, we had to deal with the teasing looks that everyone in the class has.

"So, who's the lucky boy?", Janice, one of the girls, poked at us, "Y/N, you think it will be them?"

I shrugged my shoulders at the question. And with that, Janice went to target Cody, "What about you, Cod?", Cody flipped me off for passing the ball to him.

"Ok, ok!", Mr. Ali came, storming in with his trademark bravado, "Everyone, take out your books and let's began the revision!", And with that, everyone stopped trying to solicit a reaction from us.


It was finally recess time, and all five of us gathered around the table.

"What. The. .", Tim said, "I just passed through the phase, and now this happened?", Cody planted his face down on the table, "Codster, come on.", Ralph hit his shoulder.

"Hey come on! Be happy! At least we might be able to celebrate if we are lucky, it's a member!", he put his hands up in the air, clenched fists.

We all laughed at the idiocracy of his imagination, "Dude, we might be a private school. But why in the actual would they come here?", Ralph had this strange amount of confidence exuded from him, "You are acting weird man.", Al cautiously said.

" it. If our dreams come true, then they come true. It's no point if we continue to fret about it.", They all nod in concurrence. Just as I finished saying that, Ralph pointed to my back, "What is it?"

"Mrs. Tan.", I turned and saw Mrs. Tan behind me.

"Y/N, just the man I was looking for. I need you to come with me to the office for a moment.", and with that, I was at her command and earning the suspicious stares of the other four.

"What is this about, Mrs. Tan?", she took out her phone and began to type to someone a message.

"It involves next week.", Mrs. Tan said nonchalantly, "I need to discuss somethings with you for a moment.", I nod, "But... I don't want to discuss it with you and your entire clique since it was a private matter.", soon enough, we arrived at the staffroom.

We went into her cubicle, which was easily discernable by the large pile of test papers since she teaches three levels within the school. She sat on her black leather office chair,

"Ok, since later I'll be coming down to teach the class, I plan to arrange the tables in pairs, and I want you to sit beside our new friend. And, Y/N, I need you to be her buddy for-", I stopped her and walked away, squealing in silence at the prospect of what it might be, "Get back here, Y/N!", She whispered yelled, "Now, just be patient with her, because her English is not as fluent as you, but I think you will be better than the rest of them. So, just be nice to her, and don't freak out too much on Monday, ok?", I just nod and left the staffroom, "You know where the door is."

I felt way too giddy that the idea I'll have a partner, and it was something that might make my best dreams a reality, and the envy from the quartet would be palpable. I began wondered who would it be. It could be anyone, really, and that was what makes it even more intriguing. I just prayed that it wouldn't be much of a hassle to deal with them.


A week has gone by and with a new table arrangement, which earned the protest of several of the class due to how inconvenient it was, especially to those who were buddied up with their best friends. It mostly remained the same, except for the inclusion of the additional table by those who sat by the window side. However, every one of the other tables was full. Except for my side. That was reserved for the new girl. And honestly, the excitement ro her reveal was getting more and more. No one actually saw anyone they didn't recognise. Even the teachers were not even informed of her presence. As far as I know, the only time where the student body began to know, it was only on Friday. The last day of last week, when there were rumours that began to circulate about who it might be. Meanwhile, Tim and gang were all freaking out.

Mrs. Tan came into the room, with a beaming smile, something that was a rarity in the current environment of the class. Ever since we all entered into the second year of school, she has become more easily triggered by even the most minute of antic. Once, when Shane just quipped about the fact that the amount of homework she gave was inconsistent, she was thrown into such a fit, that it was difficult to deal with her for two days straight.

"Ok...", she scans the class quickly, "You all are wide awake, so I guess everyone has heard the rumours.", the class nodded, anticipating the appearance, "Well... ladies...", she took out her phone and stared at her reflection, "We might have to take a good hard look at the mirror.", the girls now had a condescending look on them, "Alright, come in, please."

The door opens and finally, we got to see the lady of the hour, and the moment her face was in full sight, everyone gasped, and the five onces inside the class, fangirled harder than an army on a one day date with one of the BTS boys.