Summon back

Phoenix reincarnate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

            Soojung just stood there yawning lazily without speaking a word. Making the landlord's wife so angry that she wanted to kill her again and again. She even wish she could shred her into pieces and drink her blood, thinking about the humiliation she had suffered the previous night. She kept on glaring at soojung.

Suddenly she heard a chilly voice... "lady... If you keep on doing that. I swear i'll make you go blind" what soojung hates the most is when someone harms her or her loved ones. Or when someone glares at her like the landlord's wife was doing. 

 

            The lady didn't know why but she felt chills on her spine when she heard that. Just as she was going to retort back at soojung. The people in the courtyard heard some sound of horse galloping. It got nearer and nearer when it stopped at the house entrance. Than they saw a middle age man and an old woman come down from the horse carriage. The old woman slightly wrinkled her brows when she saw her surroundings. Than taking large strides towards soojung and the others. She took out a scroll from her sleeves and looking over at soojung and the other's way "kneel down, this is the jung manor's command scroll. Are you not going to receive it?" hearing this... All the people including the the landlord and his people knelt down on the ground. Soojung growl once and knelt down because of her mother's tugging. She really didn't know why the people of this era loves kneeling.

 

                Feeling satisfied... The old woman raised her chin with a smug look and began to read "The manor's master has summoned the jung family back to the clan manor from the north this instant. They have found a godly doctor to look at the former general's illness. So, him and his family are to be brought in as soon as possible. Receive the command" after reading the scroll the old lady handed it over to the middle age man who put it away inside the sleeve pocket of his robe.

 

              Hearing what was said, joo min's body shuddered for a while thinking back to all those torture in that manor. They were treated more cruely than a begger. Even begger were much better than them. After the general got demoted to a 1st rank noble. His brother and father who treated her husband like a god... Kicked them out in the cold north. Now they their family wanted to come back? What did they want this time? While joo min was thinking deeply she felt a light tug from soojung looking at her "Mother do you want to go back?" she asked. Hearing that joo min shook her head immediately, but after a while looking at her children again she thought... Who will look after them if we were gone? Who will take care of them? What will they do when they grow up? They are the general's children... Are they going to live and rot in such place while those ungrateful beast live off of her husband's life earnings?  When joo min thought of these she also felt something in her heart which she didn't dare to feel before... ANGER. with the affirming look from soojung. She did not know why she believed in her 14 years old kid. But...She looked back at the old mama And said ok. Only they'll have to wait for her husband. 

          

              Scoffing at her, the old mama just turned away and climb back inside her carriage. The people in the courtyard was left there standing in an awkward situation. Joo min quickly brought soojung and her  brother inside the house and started packing up. It did not take long for them to finish it. As they didn't have many thing things to begin with.  After waiting for a few hours Jung Suk won came back carrying a dead chicken. Singing a war song on his way. Seeing this scene soojung could not help but laugh for a while. Soon she  Joined him on his song. 

 

             Coincidentally the owner of the dead chicken saw this and wanted to complain. But after thinking a little bit more he kept quite, after all the old mama said they came here  to pick up this lunatic and his family. This was a good thing. But still... This isn't the first time suk won had attacked his chicken. He did it in a regular basis. Now... Even his thoughtful daughter has been turned into a mental mess because of the stress he had given her. Now she's singing amd dancing along with him. 

 

             Seeing that he had arrived the old mama told the servants that she had brought, to load all their belongings inside the extra carriage. Than turning to look at suk won.. She cleared to gain his attention, which she did, and gave a slight bow unlike a servant would do to a former general. This showed that she did not respect him a little bit. "General, the master had summoned your family back to the manor. Please cooperate with this humble servant" hearing this, Jung Suk Won looked at joo min for a while. Than he grabbed her hand and backed away.

 

              "No! This general isn't going anywhere. I like it here. Even tho there are some bad people. They are not as bad as you guys in the manor. If i go back i'll miss the chickens and dogs here. They'll miss me too. No! I don't wanna go back Min ah. Tell them we won't be going" he looked at joo min with teary eyes. Making a puppy face.

              

                 Looking at his expression joo min slapped his head "Why are you looking at me like that? Think about your prestige as a former general for a second. Anyway we have to go back. Think about our children. When they grow up what honour will they have as the children of the former general?" hearing this the old mama gave a very cold smile. Honour? You just don't know what's waiting for you in that manor. Even if you don't agree we have to bring you guys back no matter what. As a great surprise is still waiting for your family.

 

               "But what about you? Did you forget how they tried to burn you when i was not around? Did you forget how they threw soojung ah in the pond? Did you forget how little yun almost died from poisoning?  Please min ah... tell them we are not going" while speaking till here suk won started to cry. Maybe he had awaken his most fearful memories. He seemed terrified and started trembling. Even those people around them including the dead chicken owner started to take pity in him. Just think how a general would start sobbing when remembering his past. How much pain he would have gone through. Above that he had mental problem. Who would hurt such pitiful person. 

 

            Looking at this scene the old mama finally lost her patience. She gave the brute servants a knowing look. Than they came forward to grab hold of jung suk won. Anyway, They were planning to use force if they refused. They should have used it from the beginning.  When the servants came forward to grab suk won. They heard a chilly voice."Just try and touch him. After that You can say goodbye to your little buddies down there." looking at the direction the voice came from. The servants met with soojung walking towards them with a death glare. Making them tremble all over. They didn't know why they felt scared just by looking at her eyes.

 

             As she was about to walk pass the  old mama, soojung suddenly tripped on her dress and fell on the ground. Making the old mama frown with disgust. But No one notice the sly look on soojung's face when she was facing the ground. Try out my medicine you old hag. How dare you plot against my parents and my brother. My name is not Jung soojung if i cannot erase the jung manor from this earth in my life. As long as i live, i'll always pay them back for what they had done to us. And you are the first step.

 

           Soojung got up while blushing and ran towards her father. And she said "Daddy let's just go this time. Maybe they have finally felt sorry for what they've done to us. And also... I find it very boring and scary in this village. Even yesterday someone tried to kill me secretly under someone's order" while saying this she looked at the landlord and his wife than she looked at the old mama. 

 

              Feeling guilty... The trio looked away from soojung. They could hear her coercing her father, who finally agreed under he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter