Chapter 2 - Unfamiliar Feelings

Better Half
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EUNJUNG POV

 

School works and shifting schedule on my part time job has been killing me, I am not even sure if I can still pull it off for the next coming more days. I slumped myself and cuddles with my Rillakuma bear on my bed while I stared blankly at the ceiling, I looked around my place. My mind is spinning around but I can’t barely feel anything. In the blink of an eye, Everything has changed. My parents died in a traumatic car accident two years ago and since then, I have lived a cold and scary life.

 

I keep on reminding myself that I still have a lot of growing up to do, though I know that I shouldn’t be easily swayed to anything that saddened me or else everything will just tore apart. I have to keep going even I always have to learned the hard way.

 

Interrupting my thoughts, I suddenly heard my doorbell ring. Who could it might be?

 

“Ham Eunjung!” She exclaimed as soon as I opened the door for her, I smiled, “I should have known that it was you so that I can pretend to sleep”

 

“Don’t do that Eunjung, You know that I can’t be anything without you” She shrieked as she jutted out her bottom lip. “I bet,” I replied, gesturing her to come inside.

 

She went straight to the living room and slumped her self on the sofa, I sat beside her. “Alcohol can really worn you out, lady”

 

She didn’t respond, she pulled her body closed to mine and rested her chin to my shoulder. “Something bothering you?” I asked, though it wasn’t really the first time she barged into my home whenever she was drunk, but tonight I felt she was a little extra clingy.

 

My friendship with Qri began when I was working part time with her mother’s coffee shop near my house, she has been so friendly and makes me comfortable being around her. She brings new energy into my soul, she once saw me at my breaking point and she was able to comfort me with her silence. Since then, we became extra close and our friendship just grew naturally.

 

“Are you trying to comfort me, Ham Baekgu?” She trailed off. I put my arms into her shoulder as I response. “Is it working?”

 

She glanced up at me and stared at me, intently. “You are the one who needed it the most Eunjung.”

 

“Tonight, You need it more than I do,” I slipped my hands into the back of her head as I attempt to lie her down on the sofa, comfortably. “so, take a good rest for now”

She didn’t protested nor disagreed. She closes her eyes and soon enough, she was able to get to her dream land.

.

 

JIYEON POV

 

Everyday at school passing unbearably slow, There is nothing much to it, We have been so busy with our individual project. It bores me to the extent that I haven’t been able to start anything, not to mention the deadline will just be around the corner.

 

I huffed out my frustration, as I slammed my shoulder to the chair while tapping the pen I was holding on the table, while in deep thoughts.

“You okay Jiyeon?” Boram asked worriedly as they approaches me and sat beside me, getting my full attention at them.

 

“I am kind of frustrated or confused with something, I don’t know” I confessed, which is very rare. I don’t usually open up. I am not that good expressing my self to other people, that’s the reason why sometimes, I tend not to talk much about myself and I am pretty comfortable with it.

 

“If you can be more specific, we might help you” Soyeon this time uttered. I looked at her,

 

Me, myself wanted to be specific, but I can’t even find the right word to respond. “You weren’t like this the last semester, you were spacing out most of the time.” Soyeon concluded and Yes, I couldn’t agree more.

 

I have been spacing out lately, and something inside me felt so strange. I just can’t explain it. I stand up, and fix my things heading my way out to the exit but Boram called me out, “Where are you going Jiyeon?”

 

I turned my back on them again as I forced a smile, “I just need some fresh air,”

 

I know they weren’t convinced but they can’t do anything anyways since I already walked out the door and leave them behind.

 

I sighed again, I don’t know what is this feeling, As if nothing good is happening within me, I felt lost and somehow felt homesick to the place that wasn’t even existed in the first place. There’s not a whole lot feeling to it, I just don’t know where is this feeling coming from.

 

I find myself in the school rooftop where no one seems to go at this hour, I walk through the bench and sat there comfortably. Maybe, just maybe. I needed something like this. Peaceful and quiet place.

 

As people say, you will somehow come across to your life where in you will ask yourself if everything you are doing satisfies you, giving you the contentment and happiness. I am at point where my heart feels empty and seem losing my way. It feels like my life has been an open book full of blank pages, and I don’t know how to flip the page and write something so beautiful and worthwhile.

 

A pair of arms suddenly wraps around my shoulder that caught me by surprised, before I will be able to looked at to whom that hands belong to, I heard that person say. “Stop spacing out Park Jiyeon,” hearing those words strangely calms me down and I knew to whom that voice belongs to. “Ham Eunjung?” I trailed off as she pulled back to the hug and face her,

 

She smirked.

 

I lost, That hug really caught me off guard and I don’t know what to say. I watched her intently as she move to sit beside me crossing her legs facing me, this is the first time that I was able to watch her face this close. Her short black hair fits into her small face, her petite body but muscular legs giving you the feels of her being handsome and beautiful, all in the same sense. I smile a bit on that thought.

 

She held my cheeks and caressed it, while the smile is still plastered on her face. Then suddenly something inside my chest felt something unfamiliar, just a small pump I felt in my heart, it is new yet comfortable feeling.

 

“5,000 won for the hug” She blurted out,

 

Then I suddenly get a snap and I quickly get back to all my senses. “What?” I ask, frowning.

 

She smirked, “Nothing is free, nowadays. Park Jiyeon” She said nonchalantly.

 

I scoffed, giving her the death glared but she looked away. I was flustered and somehow felt betrayed,

 

“Okay, maybe you can just pay me back if you don’t have anything cash on hand”

 

I looked at her in disbelief and full of annoyance, I am about to get up and made my way to get out but she held my hands and pulled my body closer to her, and hug me tightly the second time around. I yanked her away but she didn’t let me go, “Let me go!”

 

As if she didn’t hear anything, she hug me more tightly. “I just want you to get distracted by saying I needed 5,000 won to put all your worries away. I was kidding and obviously you took it all seriously.” She explained but that didn’t comfort me.

 

How can she possible turn my emotion into a roller coaster ride just because of her stupid joke. “Are you happy now Ham Eunjung!” I said before I pat her shoulder harshly, she didn’t react, She just let me be and then my tears automatically run down to my cheeks and I can’t seem to stop it. 

 

“You fooled me,” I said disappointedly, giving her the cold stare, though she tried her best to hold me tighter but I yanked her away, and she pulled me out of her hug.

 

EUNJUNG POV

 

As soon as she run away, I have tried to follow her but she suddenly fade away into the crowded students. When I saw how she was in deep thought earlier, I was so sincere on trying to comfort her, and I wasn’t so sure why I felt something different when I felt her body close to mine, it was so overwhelming yet so powerful. I was stunned and didn’t even know what to say, I saw how disappointed she was. I wanted to apologized, but I can’t find the courage to do so.

 

Then suddenly my phone ring, and I saw how many times Ahjumma has been calling me since earlier, I sighed. “Hello Ahjumma”

 

“I have been calling you since earlier Ham Eunjung! Come to work now or I will just fire you” and with that, That old lady just hung up on me.

 

I sighed out in desperation, I really wanted to look after her, but I can’t. With my current situation, I know I can’t.

 

Hyomin POV

 

“I saw your sister in the lobby Hyo, I think she was kind of upset?” Qri said approaching me to my sit while I am busy doing my project in statistics.

 

“What happened to her?” I asked worriedly as she is just giving me a shrug as a response.

 

I sigh, It has been a while since I sit and talk with my sister due to our own busy schedules, All the projects with a unbelievable deadline and mandatory activities getting so much of our time to spend more time at school than anywhere else. I dialed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter