Chapter 1 - So It's you

Better Half
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 1 – So it’s you

Jiyeon POV

“Stop beating around the bush dad, tell us what you wanted to say” I nonchalantly said as I stared absentmindedly through the window.

Hyomin and I were in the car with our dad who volunteer to drop us at our school since our driver won't be able to pick up this morning, We have been grounded the whole summer since my sister and I went to the club, went home wasted and drunk. It was not because we were not in the right age to prohibit us from going, but for my dad, We overdo it and we have prevented that to happen if we just had fun and knew our limitation.

“Stop locking us up dad, we need our freedom back!” Hyomin retorted, I looked at her in the rear view wide eye, I know that she have put much courage to say that in front of our authoritative father.

He smiled, “Why you sounded like I am being a bad father? Did I lock you up literally?”

I looked at him slightly smiling, I know our dad isn’t the type of father that will spoil us and give us what we wanted without working hard on it, most especially when it comes to Hyomin. My sister has becoming a spoil brat who always do what pleases her without any grounds and I know that he was trying to teach her a lesson.

“but,” Hyomin gasp and tried her best to continue what she has been trying to explain “We weren’t young any longer dad,”

My father looked at her in the rear viewer in the car, slightly slack-jawed to how bold Hyomin answer him back, he keeps his cool gesture as he responded “Thank you for knowing that Ladies,” He said then his eyes landed on mine. “You ladies know that you weren’t young anymore, so give me a give reason why you did the clubbing thing immaturely?”

Hyomin face became suddenly blank as I met her eyes in the rear view, I saw her facial expression changed from confident into dismayed. I shake my head in disbelief, I know she can't win this argument, and why she have started it anyway?

The atmosphere suddenly went awkward, till he cleared to get us our attention, then he firmly said. “Okay, prove to me that you both are acting your age, then I will lift up your suspension”

I looked at him wide eye, surprised. “How will we prove ourselves to you dad?” i blurted out, I as well, didn't know why i responded.

He parked the car in front of the school entrance as he playfully smirked and looked at us both, “I'm still your father, believe me before you do something terrible, I will know.”

That gives both of my sister the chills, the way he say that word to us, it was firm but calm, rough but quiet and we already know that he was being lenient yet strong. Hyomin sighed in frustration as she climbed off to the car, shaking her head in disbelief.

“Dad, don’t be too hard on Hyomin,” I told him before I kissed his cheeks before following Hyomin behind, I didn’t get any response but I saw him nodded as he drove back.

As soon as my father left, I reach out to Hyomin who was walking weakly on her way to her class, I put my arms into her shoulder.

“Unnie, it’s okay, dad and mom are always away from home, so what is the big deal?”

She looked at me then she force a smile, “You don’t know how cruel dad, I know he will hire a bunch of stupid guys out there to check on us,”

I arched my eyebrow, though I didn’t know what Hyomin meant into those words, I brushed it off, I smiled widely, “We can still have fun, they will be away this weekend, I promised. I will go out with you.” I said, reassuring her.

She looked at me cautiously, I know she is trying to study me if I am telling her the truth or just bluffing her like I always do, but I caught a smile is slightly forming into her lips, “Really?”

I pulled back, twitching my nose, rolling her eyes on her. “I will see you later Unnie,” as i run going to my class building

“Yah, you promised okay?” She said excitedly as she walk her way to her classroom.

I shake my head, I know she is becoming a headache and a bad , but i still can't stand seeing my sister dissapointed so i let her win averytime, and get everything in her way. Hyomin is taking up Engineering while I decided to take up Architecture and obviously with our Father’s approval. Our family runs a construction company who specialized in doing a supply

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter