Is It A Date?

Stay With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Chapter 2 is here! ^^

_________________________________________

 

Irene couldn't focus on anything else but the girl a few rows in front of her. Was there some kind of magnet in her eyes that made Irene unable to look away?.

 

She heard Suho mutter something, but honestly, every sound was just bluring noise to her ears right now. She'd rather focus on the girl in front of her than anything else.

 

Again, she heard his voice as a hand shook her shoulder softly, succesfully snapping her out of trance. The raven haired turned in her friend's direction, shaking her head a little before a small smile appeared on her face. "Sorry, must be the nerves". A series of chuckles could be heard throughout the auditorium. "What were you saying?".

 

"I said, they're all yours". The reaven haired nodded at Suho, taking his place at the front of the lecture hall. "Well before we begin, does anyone have a question for me?". In a matter of seconds, almost half of the students raised their hands. Irene looked aroud, glanzing from time to time in the girl's direction secretly hoping she had a question for her, but all she got was the same curious stare as before. 

 

Still looking for someone to choose, Irene decided to point to a young man near her right. "You". She said, making her way to the desk, sitting sideways. "What's your name and major?".

 

"Oh Sehun, performing arts": The teacher nodded. "I was wondering if you're single". He leaned on his seat, a proud look on his face as the rest of the auditorium laughed. Irene was left doumbfounded for a second, her face taking an incredulous expression. "As much as I appreciate your interest Mr. Oh, I'd be happier if these questions weren't related to my personal life". She raised an eyebrow. "Who else?".

 

Another round of hands up and she chose a random girl at her left. "Suho said you are the youngest history specialist in Seoul. How old are you?". 

 

"I'm one of the yougest yes, I'm 28". Irene looked up. "Last one". Her eyes drifted to the brunette's direction again, noticing the girl was still looking, her head tilted slightly. Irene wondered, if she was to ask a question, would her voice be just as beautiful as her?. Seeing no movement from the brunette's side, she had no option but to choose someone else, though a question remained in Irene's mind: why was did she feel so drawn to her?. She just saw her.

 

"Very well. To start with the lecture I'd like to begin with greek history. I'm pretty sure all of you know at leat a tiny bit of it since no matter what field you're in, every single one of them is influenced by the greeks". Irene looked down, searching for the words to follow. "But leaving aside the boring parts of science, math, arquitecture ... no offense intended". Some chuckled. "Why don't we go to one of their most important points. The mysticism".

 

Irene kept talking, everyone in the hall, including Suho seemed to be immersed in her explanations. But not Joy, no. She was immersed in something else.

 

The way Irene moved her hands, the way her eyes sparked every time she opened to explain something she found interesting ...  the younger had never seen anyone with such grace and confidence, no wonder Yeri said she was as good as she did.

 

Joy had noticed Irene turning in her direction countless of times since the older stepped in front of the room, doing it even more when she started talking. Could she be as interested as Joy? That, she wasn't sure. Irene turned to her again and their eyes locked for the second time. The young teacher's eyes had something Joy couldn't describe, intense gaze but still gentle? what else, what else ...

 

"Now that I'm finished explaining most of the concept and you told me the myths you have heard about the most, why do you think mysticism is so strongly connected with today's society?". The question was directed to everyone, Joy was sure of that but for some reason Irene's eyes seemed to be interested in what she had to say, why would she be looking at her like that then?. Even if she had no idea what was she about to do, withouth a second thought Joy raised her hand.

 

It wasn't even a second before Irene nodded in her direction, was that a slight look of relief she saw in the teacher's eyes? "Yes?".

 

All eyes turned to Joy as she gulped, collecting her thoughts on what to say to not make a fool of herself. "Well, mysticism has a big role in ideologies. In the past not everyone shared the same views but when coming across each other, they exchanged information. That's probably how knowledge was spread around the area and eventually further". Irene smiled and crossed her arms, walking closer to where Joy was sitting. "And what role does mysticism play exactly, miss ...?". She was right, the girl's voice was just as beautiful.

 

"Just Joy". The taller gave an enigmatic smile, making Irene chuckle. "Okay, Joy". The expression stayed placed in Joy's face, liking the way the new teacher said her name as if it was made to roll easily off her tongue. "What I'm trying to say is that mysticism is important today because it's the source of most knowledge still used today. Athens was the core of history, in a way. A form of goverment where religion wasn't as tied to it as in other cultures, though it still had influence. Then we have the phylosophers who practiced their field while involving their myths and religion as a way to explain better what happened around them or help reach a logical conclusion about certain events as well as ideas". Honestly, Joy had no idea what was she saying, but Irene seemed pleased.

 

"Of course". The raven haired replied. "By doing this they were also establishing different branches in philosophy where logic stepped up as the analysis method or comprehension, therefore we get different ways of thinking as well as new fields of investigation when their drive for knowledge went further". Joy nodded quickly. "Yes, exacly. People still respected their religion and myths but left them apart as now a new form of demostrating facts came along rather than just attributing them to deities

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter