Know Each Other

Stay With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Just heads up! This chapter starts with Irene and Joy exchanging numbers from Irene's perspective in case it seemed confusing. Enjoy!

_________________________________________

 

"Earth to Irene" Suho said, walking closer to his friend. "What's gotten into you today?".

 

Irene frowned, turning to Suho but still looking from time to time in Joy's direction, finding the younger stealing some glances at her too. Finally, Joy started walking up the stairs, turning away from Irene's eyes completely. 

 

Irene looked back to her friend, face blank from any expression and saw Suho, who apparently followed her line of sight, look down with a smirk on his face. "Ohh, seems like you've taken interest in someone".

 

"And w-why do you think that?". Her expressionless facade was still there, bad thing she couldn't say the same for her voice as she stuttered, the smirk in Suho's face widening. "Don't play dumb, Bae. I know you pretty well. We both know each other pretty well". 

 

"..."

 

"Irene..."

 

"..."

 

"It was pretty obvious by your little exchange during class".

 

Irene's frown deepened but she sighed, sitting sideways on the desk again before starting fidgeting with her hands. The brown haired only laughed, crossing his arms as he sat on the nearest chair. "I guess I can't deny it". Irene said.

 

Suho nodded. "But why? you just met her. And it isn't as if you talked much". Taking a deep breath the raven haired looked down, trying to think over everything just happened. "It was just-". She looked up, meeting her friend's eyes. "Strange. Like there was something the second I saw her that made me feel drawn to her". Suho smiled sympathetically, his eyes glistening with a spark of interest. "I could tell. What did it feel like?".

 

"Like she pulled a string somewhere inside me". Irene continued. "Like it was just the two of us. She felt ... familar". She said, a distant look on her face. A small, almost invicible smile appearing on her face. "Look at you. Being all poetic!". Suho teased. "If you ask me-".

 

"I'm not". Irene replied, chuckling as he faked ofense before clearing his throat.

 

"As I was saying, If you ask for my opinion, I say you have nothing to lose". Irene gave him a puzzled look, standing up to face him better. "What are you into? Shes a student, Suho".

 

"Of course she's a student, I know". He watched in amusement as Irene gave him a look, trying to make a point so he would come back to his senses. "But-". Suho pulled his index finger up, succesfully shutting down whatever Irene was going to say. "She's not your student". He said, emphasising that fact before continuing. "And she won't be. If I'm not mistaken she's studying something in the science department".

 

"And how do you know that?".

 

Something quick flashed through Suho's eyes as if he was not expecting that quesiton at all, but dissapeared just as it came. "Joy's roomate takes our curse. You know I like being familiar with my students so naturally, she eventually came to the conversation". He looked down, the ghost of a smile making its way to his face.

 

"They still seem so different yet so alike".

 

It was meant for only him to hear as it seemed, but Irene still caught it. "Have you known her roomate long?".

 

Suho looked up, the same reaction of being caught off guard from before, there. "Ah, yes. I've known Yeri for some time". He straightened in place, clearing his throat as his face softened when he looked at the raven haired. "Anyway, you've heard what i got to say". 

 

Irene bit her lip. "I- I don't know. What just happened, where is my professionalism then?". She should've thought better, or so she said to herself.

 

"You can't undo what happened. Don't beat yourself over it, you acted because you thought it right. You wouldn't otherwise, I know you. And I've never, not even once saw you like that". Irene kept silent. "Look, what about this?. If she says something why don't ask for her number? You never know what could happen". Suho's expression seemed to hold certain mischeviousness but Irene decided not to pay mind to it.

 

"What are you even saying". Irene shook her head and let out a chuckle."Just keep the PDA to a minimum and there shouldn't be a problem". He smiled softly. "I know that, with every person it's different but who knows? Maybe that myth of the gods splitting people in half is true and you've just found the right one".

 

Irene smiled and rolled her eyes. "We just talked during class, Suho. And it wasn't even that much. Don't you think you're overreacting?".

 

He shrugged again. "I'm just tired of seeing you alone. Maybe this isn't as bad as you think it could be". The brown haired man looked at his watch, eyes widening realizing the time. "I'm sorry, I have a class to get to". He stood up, taking his things. "But really, think about it Irene. For one time you break the rules the world won't crumble". He put a comforting hand on her shoulder. "Plus, it isn't as if she was in highschool and you were her teacher. You're both adults, so use that to your advantage". He teased.

 

Irene swat his hand away, hitting his shoulder. "Yah...".

 

Suho laughed looking up before whispering to Irene. "Speaking of the devil". Irene turned around, spotting Joy walking down the stairs.

 

"Have a good day Joy!". She heard Suho say. 

 

Irene watched as the younger woman made her path to the front of the room, a thin smile in her face when she noticed the soft blush in Joy's cheeks. After what felt like an eternity, the taller finally found herself in front of Irene. "I- uhm. Sorry, did I interrupt you Ms. Bae?". Joy's nervousness was something cute to her sight, so she couldn't stop herself for breaking into a full smile. "Not at all. I was just getting my things". 

 

They fell into the depts of their eyes again, but there was something else in Irene's mind. Suho's words echoed in her head.

 

Irene had many partners in the past, some serious relationships, others not so much. She did know she was pretty, after all it was mostly what people told her when she was young, so it wasn't really surprising everytime she received a love confession from both men and women. All her relationships had lasted no longer than a month though, she got bored easily and she didn't feel that... connection she craved the most. Not to mention she was never the one to confess, the feeling was just never there. She even thought she was the problem, she got angry at herself because she really did want a relationship to work, she longed for it. So when it didn't happen, she understood it just wasn't meant to be. Better give up that to be unhappy.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter