→ take a look at our menu !

   °˖ ✧ DKML → apply for a job now !
menu.
you are what you eat!
#두근두근
drinks
feel free to combine smoothie flavors, customize your caffeine, or make it iced!

AMERICANO dkml is owned by a family of witches, and their magick is a secret known only to them. not one employee has ever found out, and the choi family intends to keep it that way. they don't use their magick to tamper with ingredients or make the food and can promise you that everything really is homegrown and 100% organic.

COLD BREW // NITRO the choi's magick is only used for things like speeding up efficiency during rush hour, helping out with chores, and ensuring the homey feeling of not having to worry about anything while you dine on their delicacies. this is just a little story of the family's endeavors to keep their magick a secret from this new employee rotation...but will it be that easy this time around?

ADE (BLUEBERRY, LEMON, GREEN GRAPE, STRAWBERRY, GRAPEFRUIT, WATERMELON) i'm sure some employees would keep the secret well - many of them might even be ecstatic to find out that magick is real, but the choi family can't risk anything. although they can swear on their life that their food is all natural, it wouldn't be so easy to just convince everyone that that's true.

LATTE (GREEN TEA, CARAMEL, HAZELNUT, MOCHA, STRAWBERRY) even if that wasn't a problem, if it even got out that the choi family were witches, they'd probably lose much of their business, whether anyone believed it or not. there's just too much that could go wrong if they were found out, so the choi family decides to just keep it on the down low.

FRESH FRUIT JUICE (APPLE, STRAWBERRY, MANGO, GREEN GRAPE, KIWI, WATERMELON) but !!! this story is about a certain seasonal rotation where it, for some reason, is harder than usual to keep the secret.

SMOOTHIE (STRAWBERRY, BANANA, MANGO, PEACH, MIXED BERRY) "i told you we shouldn't have hired more workers this rotation." "but we did need more help..." "running the cafe with one employee would've been easier than dealing with these snoops. "well, curiousity killed the cat!" "we are not killing anyone, honey."

#꿀꺽꿀꺽
#반짝반짝
cakes
available as whole or by slice - whatever your heart desires!

STRAWBERRY HEAVEN hoyang is a small town right outside the borders of seoul. the (fictional!) nugu of guri-si, where everyone typically knows everyone, so it would be a tad bit unusual for your character to have been born anywhere other than hoyang, but ! you do you, just make sure they end up in our cozy little district in time for this summer rotation ( ´-ω・)

CHEESECAKE (STRAWBERRY, MANGO) use face claims realistic to your character's age ! the youngest your character can be to get this job is 16 and there is no age maximum. i don't have a set number of applicants i'm going to accept, but it'll probably be somewhere around 5-6.

PEACH BOUQUET really really try to give your character depth !! but keep it simple, too...i don't want sob stories everywhere, but this cafe is going to serve as healing for so many people ! so whether it be that your character just needs to make more friends or that they have deep scars from something in their past, give them a reason to be here at dkml ! the password is a kaomoji of what your character would look like doing magic ! there are a bunch of sites you can go to for help, and pay attention to facials heh

SIMPLE FRUIT i'm so excited to see the interviews - this is where you can really show how your character acts so i can get a better idea of that through more than just the personality section. you can answer in first pov or third, include inner thoughts and actions or not, however you would like to express your character !

BLACK FOREST CHERRY also just a little tidbit about the relationship section - i know it's kinda different from how it traditionally looks, so if you're super uncomfortable with it you can change it ! my intention was to have the description of the relationship set so that i can hover to read, but yeah honestly do whatever you want with that section. (if you can, that is ,, because i myself am victim to html (-ω-、) sigh) if you decide not to change it, though, and don't know how to do the hover stuff, here's an easy method (maybe the only method ?? idk, again, i'm clueless) - click on the picture and go to image properties and under the 'advanced' tab there will be a section titled 'advisory title' ! i wrote 'friend description here' in the box so look for that, and then you'd just replace that with your description ( ˙꒳ ˙ ) also, try to include how you'd interact with the choi family !

BANANA CHOCOLATE ahh love interests!! they can be original characters or you can collab with other applicants, and it's totally optional - you don't need to have one if you don't want to. i realize that there's not really a section for it, so you can put it in the relationships section, but if that's too suffocating for you, you can just add a little something outside of the app if you would like! there's a lot of simple layouts out there that you can add on to talk about the more extensive relationship you'll have with this person. i guess include a basic story of how they meet, how everything develops, and how it ends, unless you want me to decide!

#우걱우걱
baked goods
yummy treats fresh out of the oven!

BRICK TOAST (CHOCOLATE, HONEY, STRAWBERRY) so dkml isn't considered trendy for no reason - it's a renovated garage cafe warehouse type of deal for goodness sakes how is it nO T trendy ??? the location is actually a real place, used for the boyz's debut reality show, flower boy snack shop ! i love my kids love them with me pls watched the show and really liked the spacey, welcoming area and decided to use it as a visual for our lovely little cafe here in hoyang ☆⌒(≧▽ ° )

SWEET TOAST (STRAWBERRY, GRAPE, BLUEBERRY, APRICOT, PEACH, RASPBERRY) take a look ! click here and go to 27:46. dkml itself is going to be the main container pictured, with the garage door (though dkml's door is glass) and all the space in front will serve as a nice outdoor patio area. take away the extra structures on top and to the right of the garage door and you've got our simple but trendy cafe !

PIE (STRAWBERRY, PEACH, RASPBERRY) let's go inside, shall we? go to 29:01 in the previously linked video. dkml is open kitchen and that area to the left under the low ceiling is where the magic happens ! (NOT LITERALLY I SWEAR WE DON'T USE MAGIC TO MAKE FOOD) it's bigger than pictured, because a lot goes on in dkml's kitchen, and that staircase nearby is replaced with a small hallway that leads to the greenhouse/garden. the stairs to the right open up to a hallway that leads to the upper loft above the kitchen area. both the hallway and the loft are lined with work by local contributors, making dkml's mini art gallery! there are no set furnitures in an attempt to embrace diversity, preference, and comfort, so strewed around the seating area are things like wooden stools with pillows on them, beanbags, a bar counter, coffee tables, hammock chairs, etc.

HAND PIE (STRAWBERRY, PEACH, RASPBERRY) the patio area is lined with soft fake grass and has low tables surrounded by comfortable stools, as well as patio umbrellas spread out here and there, ready to unfold and protect from rain or shine. sometimes, a raised platform will be put out and there will be live music, performed by anyone who signs up with jadu !

#오물오물
#사르륵
MINIS
DKML'S VERY OWN BANCHAN!

FRUIT BOWL here are just some cute little character ideas i have if you're completely stumped ! • a mongdu fan!! • a 30 something year old who just wants to build up a much delayed baking portfolio and never wanted a part of all this magick business • an actual grandma • an aspiring musician who mistakenly thought the job application was the performance application • a returning employee who suspects something is going on but is highkey a horrible detective • i'm Braindead

CREAM PUFF SET (6) the icons below are just some face claims i'd like to see !! there's so many more i couldn't include, really...i'll be fine with anyone though, these are just specifics ! also psa i love nct

#냠냠
#콩닥콩닥
Sweet treats
further satisfy your sweet tooth with these concoctions!

FRUIT TART (STRAWBERRY, GREEN GRAPE, RASPBERRY, BLUEBERRY, PEACH, MIXED BERRY) i've always wanted to make a cute, light, cafe!au apply fic, and i've always had a weird obsession with magic and anything fantasy...so this is the weird lovechild of all that i guess uwu why am i like this. but side note, PLEASE ask questions if you have any ! this is a really lengthy cheatsheet (every time i tell myself to chill), and the part about dkml's layout is also a lot, so let me know if you're confused about anything

CREAM DESSERT (STRAWBERRY, PEACH, RASPBERRY) taken things are ! jung soojung, kim dongyoung, kim sungryung, and cha seungwon as face claims for the choi family. the two choi siblings are available as love interests...if you're down to date someone named after a fruit. despite that connotation, they are both heteroual

PANCAKES (BREAKFAST ONLY, CHOICE OF ANY FRUIT TOPPING) i'd love love love if you use underrated face claims, people you don't see used a lot ! other than that, honestly just gimme a bomb diggity character that you love and i will love too okay (´ ω `♡)

#쩝쩝